Chapter 41

Ayden's Pov

"Silence!" Alpha Alex yelled and they all calmed down. "That does not mean we will be splitting families. You are welcome to go into any pack you want. These Alphas have gladly accepted to help refugee anyone."
"We can't accept that many. We already have new members." Milo frantically said.
"Alpha Alex knows that. Our pack just got their Luna and new members. Good thing Roy's pack isn't that big they could easily fit into the other packs"
"You will have till the end of the day to gather up your belongings. Once you are done, please report back here to go to your new pack." Alpha Alex smiled.
"What happens if we don't want to join a new pack?" Someone shouted from the group.
"Well then, in that case, you will join the rogues. Your choice. We are giving you an opportunity to join a new pack. You will not be obligated. The choice is yours" Alpha Alex replied.
People quickly decided it was best for them to join one of the other packs. They started to slowly walk out to go gather all their things. Some of them trailed behind and I knew they wanted to say something.
"What's going to happen to us?" Roy asked. Alpha Alex raised up a finger and motioned to the last of the people who were walking out. Once the door shut, he turned to face him.
"You are welcome to join my pack under strict supervision. You will have to work for your things and be kept at a safe distance from everyone," He said.
I didn't think he would want them anywhere near him. I guess that way he can have them around just in case they try anything.
"I would rather be dead than be under the control of someone else," Roy scoffed.
"Like I said, your choice." Alpha Alex smiled at him.
"I'm going to go get my stuff" Roy huffed and walked away.
"You can go if you want, you have enough members already and we all agreed that we can handle the rest" Alpha Alex said to me.
"It's alright. I can take a few more." I replied.
"I was trying to be nice. We all agreed it was best for us to handle the group. You should focus on the girls. I know it will be a hassle to help them. They have lived enough traumatic events to last them a lifetime."I sighed and he continued. "You also have your new Luna. Enjoy your time with her. Be there for her. She's suffered enough and I want the best for you two and your pack" He said and I smiled at him.
"Thank you, Alpha Alex, keep me updated on what happens with everyone," I said and he nodded. "Thank you, everyone. I really appreciate it" They all gave me a small nod and I walked away.

Jade's Pov

Skylar wouldn't stop crying and asking herself out loud why it had to be Ruby. I kept a close eye on the SUVs following behind us with the girls. Oliver was in this one with us.
He had his eyes closed and his chest was slowly rising up, matching his breathing. It had been almost two years since we have seen him. I wonder if Roy had him in there the whole time. I made a mental note to ask him later.
We arrived back home and climbed out of the SUV. Lance carried Oliver back to the doctor while we took care of the girls.
"How do we know we are safe here?" Lucy asked me.
"Skylar and I have been living here for a while now. They gave us everything we needed and I will make sure you get everything as well" I smiled.
"Did you find Ruby? I didn't see her get into an SUV,"
I glanced back at Skylar who was trying to hold back her tears.
"Lucy, Ruby didn't come because Roy. . ." I couldn't even finish the sentence.
Lucy let out a sob and I brought her into a hug. My arms went around her fragile little body. Her body shook as she cried on my shoulder.
I looked up at the rest of the girls. The younger ones seemed to be confused, but the older ones knew exactly what he did. Lucy pulled away and sniffled.
"Let's get you checked out by the doctor okay? We can talk about this later." I said and she nodded. We walked the girls over to the infirmary and looked for Dr. Bour
"Good evening Jade, what can I do for you?" Dr. Bour said as he adjusted the glasses on the bridge of his nose.
"I'm sure Alpha Ayden caught you up on what's going on?" I asked and he nodded. "Well, these are the girls that came in from the other pack. Including Oliver, which Lance should've brought in already,"
"Ah yes! Oliver is already getting taken care of. Let's go ahead and step into the big room." He said and I nodded. I motioned over to the girls who followed us into the room.
"I am going to have to create a new medical case for each of you." He said and they stayed quiet. "We will go one by one let me know if at any point you feel any discomfort,"
I stood back by the door with Lance, Caden, and Skylar. Lucy stepped up and looked down.
"My name is Lucy, I am seventeen years old," Dr. Bour nodded and wrote down on some papers.
Lucy stepped back and no one wanted to get close to him. Skylar walked to the front and stood next to Dr. Bour.
"He is not going to hurt you. He is here to help you. Take your time, but know that you are safe here." She had the biggest smile on her face despite what we just found out about Ruby.
"Wasn't she just bawling her eyes out?" Caden linked me.
"Let's be glad she isn't doing it in front of them. She is being brave."
"I'm Layla, I'm twelve." another girl stepped up and Skylar nodded.
"Mia, fifteen,"
"Riley, I am fourteen,"
"Harper, I'm fifteen,"
"Dakota, eleven,"
The more they spoke up the more confident they were sounding. I looked over at the boys. Lance was looking down at his phone and smiled up at me.
Caden was staring at the girls as if he was trying to figure out something. I looked back and Skylar was whispering something to one of the girls.
"What if he tries to touch me like the other men?" She whispered so low even I could barely hear it.
"I'll be right by your side he won't touch you" Skylar replied.
"This is Brenda, she is twelve years old," Skylar said and Dr. Bour nodded.
"Hi my name is Olivia, I am sixteen," The list continued.
A lot of these girls didn't look their age from how malnourished they were.
"Grace, fourteen"
"Evelyn, thirteen"
"I am Elena, also thirteen,"
"Zoey, sixteen,"
"Emma, I am eleven"
That was thirteen so there was one missing. I looked over the girls and saw the smallest one looking down with tears streaming down her face.
"Charlotte? What's wrong?" I rushed over to her and pulled her into a hug.
"They took Ruby out of my room last night and I was so scared. They were supposed to take me and she broke something and they took her and-" She kept sobbing on my shoulder and I looked up at Skylar. Charlotte must be traumatized after seeing that last night.
"That is charlotte, she is ten years old," Skylar whispered over to Dr. Bour.
"This is fourteen girls. Alpha Ayden said there were fifteen girls coming," He whispered back to her. My head snapped to Caden's direction and motioned over to them.
"Okay, I think that's enough for today. we will come tomorrow for their first checkups." He announced. I stood up and carried Charlotte. She was very light considering the state of her health.
"If you want to follow us, we will go ahead and lead you to your rooms," Caden said and turned around.
I smiled over at Skylar and she responded with a small, barely a smile. We headed out of the office and to the pack house.
Charlotte kept fussing around in my arms. I know I said she was light but I wasn't quite strong enough to carry her yet.
"I can take her if you want," Lance linked me.
"No thanks, we are almost there"
"Your arms are shaking. Let me take her,"
"I said I am fine!" I snapped back at him. I turned to look at him and he had a hurt look on his face.
"I'm sorry Lance. I just don't want to be worthless. I couldn't save them all. I want to handle everything else,"
"It's fine don't worry about it,"
He closed the link and I knew he was hurt. He was offering to help but I didn't want the girls to think I couldn't help them myself. I should be able to do it better now that I am stronger.
We haven't had the chance to start our personal training classes. Once we got to the packhouse I saw Christina waiting around with her two regular friends. As soon as her eyes landed on us she stormed our way.
"Here we go," Caden sighed.
"Caden, please deal with this. I don't have the patience for it,"
"Aww but I don't want to!"
"No! You will listen to me. It's your job as Luna to listen to the pack's concern,"
She was being really loud and Charlotte was starting to wake up.
"Hurry up I don't have all day. As you can see I am very busy," I snapped at her. I don't know if it was the fact that I was tired and I felt like my body was going to give up, or I didn't want to see her right now or ever.
"Uh well, what are you doing with all these strays?" She crossed her arms.
"None of your business,"
"If something sketchy is going on I will have to report it to the Alpha. I don't see him around here," She said and adjusted her bra to make her boobs pop out more.
"Ayden knows about this. Like I said it's not your concern." She was making my blood boil. I didn't want the girls to be listening to any of this.
"You can't just bring in your stray family into this pack! You will ruin it!" She shrieked. Two men came up behind her and looked at me.
"They are here to escort her away on your command." Lance's voice rang through my head.
"Take her away. Do not let her into the pack house until further notice." I said and she scoffed.
"You can not do that!" They grabbed either side of her arms as she struggled to get out of their grasp.
"Oh yeah? Watch me. Please remove her now. Her title as top warrior will be under review." I said and turned on my heel.
"What?! You can't do that! I have worked hard for that title!"
I glanced back as I walked up the stairs, she was kicking and screaming as they took her out. I turned back around and walked all the way to the fourth floor. My arms and legs were burning at this point and thankfully Charlotte woke up. I set her down and she looked at me tiredly.
"These are your rooms. You will be staying with the same people you were with in Roy's pack. Unless you have any problems?" I asked and they slowly shook their heads.
"Tomorrow, we will go get you new clothes and you need your first check-up with Dr. Bour." I looked over at Skylar and motioned for her to come stand next to me.
"You let us know if you need anything okay? You can also call Beta Lance or Gamma Caden, even Alpha Ayden." I explained.
"Are you Luna?" Lucy asked and I smiled at her.
"Yes, Alpha Ayden is my mate and I am Luna of the pack" She got excited while the younger ones seemed more confused.
"That's so cool! I have always heard about Lunas!" She exclaimed.
We showed them into their rooms and they were all excited. I made sure everyone had enough pillows and blankets so that they would be comfortable. Once we made sure they were all okay we stepped out into the hallway.
"Wow," Skylar breathed out. "We did it"
"Almost, we almost had them all," My voice cracked at the end and Skylar grabbed my hand.
"Is it okay if I wait for Ayden in his room? I want to wait for him," I said and she nodded.
"I was actually about to tell you that I promised the younger ones I would stay with them," She said and I nodded.
"I think I need a nice night's rest after the events of today," Caden said as he stretched.
"I'll see you tomorrow okay?" I hugged Skylar and she walked into one of the rooms.
"Come, Luna Jade, let me accompany you to your chambers," Caden said in a funny voice. I took his arm and we made our way up to their rooms.
"You know Ayden might not come back tonight," Lance said and I sighed.
"It's fine, I'll still wait for him,"
"Unfortunately, this is our stop, please forgive me," Caden continued doing his funny voice and I rolled my eyes. I let go of his arm and hugged him. He was taken back but hugged me back.
"Thank you for taking care of us. Especially Skylar," I said and pulled away. He had a hint of red across his cheek and he waved me off. I hugged Lance who was also taken back but eventually hugged me.
"Thank you for also taking care of us," I pulled away and he gave me a small nod. I turned on my heel and headed up the stairs.
I went straight into Ayden's room. As soon as the door shut, I let the tears stream down my face. I couldn't believe he killed Ruby! I grabbed the first thing I can reach and threw it on the floor. I laid down on the bed and buried my face into the pillows, muffling my sobs.
My heart felt heavy, I blame myself for what happened with Ruby. I was relaxing too much here instead of doing what I can to save her. I felt a hand on my shoulder that frightened me. I looked up to see Ayden with a worried look on his face.
"It's okay my love, I'm here"
He quickly got into bed and threw a blanket over us. I cried into his chest and he rubbed circles on my back trying to calm me.