Chapter 6

Ayden's Pov

     "Thank you all again for joining us on tonight's full moon run. We will begin in a few minutes. For your convenience, there are changing stations all around us with transformation clothes." Alpha Roy smiled at us and pointed to the stations around us.
     "I'm skipping the run" opening mindlink with Caden and Lance.
     "It's the best part of this trip. Where would you go while everyone leaves?" Lance asked.
     "You're going to look for her aren't you?" Caden teased.
     "Yes, I am going to see if any of the girls will talk to me while Alpha Roy is not around"
     "Good plan. Ayden I heard from someone that there might be a back entrance to the building. What if it leads to the kitchen that they go into all the time?" Lance suggested.
     "I'll check it out. Thanks for the info"
     "Great. One is stuck up and the other is a kiss ass" Caden laughed and I rolled my eyes.
     "That makes you the dumbass then right?" I joked and Lanced laughed.
     "No, that makes me the smart ass of the group" Caden replied and I scoffed.
     "Yeah right" I laughed
     "Is that a laugh? Is this place rubbing off on you?" Lance asked.
     "Or maybe it's the new girlfriend" I turned to look at Caden and he had a smug look on his face.
     "Don't talk about her" I growled and he held up his hands in defense.
     "I'll see you guys after the run. Cover for me" I said and they nodded. I closed mindlink and sneaked away from the crowd.
     I decided to start with the back entrance Lance told me about. These pack grounds were filthy. There were branches everywhere and barely had enough space to walk. How can someone live in such a shitty place like this?
     I walked around for a couple of minutes and didn't find any entrance through the back. Maybe the information Lance got was false and I needed to start searching for another way in before I ran out of time. As I was walking back to the front I heard the wolves howl from a distance.
     "We still have some time. Keep looking for that entrance" Milo was on high alert.
     There was a sudden gush of wind that made me freeze in my spot.
     "Mate!" Milo growled and pushed me towards the scent. I didn't know where I was headed, but I had to find her.
     "You're nothing but a puny little human. Not even a full werewolf. You shouldn't even be alive. You're just a waste of oxygen" I heard a faint voice which made me run faster.
     "and you're nothing but a weak Gamma bitch following around little Alpha's orders" I knew it was her it had to be. There were some struggling noises and then another voice.
      "Stop please! She can't take it anymore! You'll kill her!" The voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't make out who it was.
     I turned the corner and felt enraged at the sight in front of me.
     "What the fuck is going on here?!" I yelled. Gamma Richard was standing over a delicate body trying to catch his breath. Skylar was on the floor crying behind him. Rose picked up her head from the floor and locked eyes with me.
     "Mate" She whispered before she fell unconscious.
     "Alpha Ayden. W-what are you doing here" Gamma Richard fixed his shirt and smiled at me.
     "What the fuck did you do to her" I stepped closer to him.
     "I didn't do anything. I found them here and came over to help them." He laughed nervously.
     "Is it true?!" I turned to look at Skylar and she slowly crawled over to Rose.
     "You really think-" I grabbed Gamma Richard by the throat.
     "You don't think I heard what you called her? or when you said she was a waste of oxygen?!" I shoved him against the wall and he groaned.
     "I'm sure you heard w-wrong" He was struggling to breathe but I didn't care he was hurting these girls and he was not going to get away with that.
     "Are you calling me a liar?!" Milo pushed through and growled in his face.
     "No"
     "No what?!"
     "No Alpha" I threw him on the floor and he started coughing. I looked over at Skylar and she was holding Rose close to her chest.
     "Ayden? Is everything okay?!" Lance opened mindlink.
     "Milo is in control"
     "Look Alpha Ayden let me take them to the pack doctor. I'll get them the help they need" Gamma Richard said as he stood up.
     "Like hell you are." Milo spat at him.
     "Will someone explain to me what is going on here?" Alpha Roy walked towards us.
     "Would you like to explain why your Gamma is abusing these two girls?!" Milo demanded.
     "Abusing? I'm not sure Gamma Richard meant any harm. He just wanted to get them help" I grabbed him by the throat and he growled.
     "Let me go!" He tried clawing at my arms. I was taller and stronger than him there was no way he was going to get out of my grip.
     "Milo let him go," Lance's voice said from behind me.
     "He hurt my mate! You think I am going to let him get away with that?!" Alpha Roy froze and everything went silent.
     "Alpha Roy, is that true?" Alpha Alex stepped beside us.
     "No, it's not possible. We aren't like that" I threw him on the ground and turned around.
     "Not possible?! Look at them! She is unconscious! Look at the injuries on both of them!" Milo growled. Skylar had her eyes closed and you can see her physically shaking. There were more Alphas around us, but I only cared about one person.
     "How would you explain that?!" I turned to look at Alpha Roy.
     "We would never do anything illegal like that" he scoffed. I walked towards him again but someone held me back.
     "H-how is that possible? She doesn't even have her wolf" Gamma Richard breathed out.
     "I will be leaving first thing tomorrow morning. I am taking Rose and Skylar back with me" Milo commanded.
     "You will not take them" Alpha Roy growled
     "You cannot keep me away from my mate," Milo challenged.
     "Take that one if you want, but you have to leave the other one" He demanded.
     "I am not going to leave her here after what just happened"
     "You can't take MY pack members" He growled and pushed me. Milo transformed into our wolf form and so did Alpha Roy. I lunged at him and we both crashed onto the ground. I heard others transforming beside us, but I was too focused on hitting this sorry excuse of an Alpha.
     "Milo you have to stop!" Caden yelled through mindlink.
     "Ayden do something!"
     "You know it's hard to control him once he has full control," I said to him.
     "Enough! both of you stop this!" Alpha Alex got in between us and managed to separate us. I huffed and walked back to where Caden was standing. I looked around and panicked when the girls were gone.
     "Lance took them to the pack doctor," Caden said and I nodded.
     "Alpha Roy, If an Alpha sees mistreatment of an underage girl at another pack he has the right to take them away." Alpha Alex explained.
     "Thank you Alpha Alex" Caden and I walked away from the scene.
     "Fucking asshole deserves what's coming for him" Milo growled.
     "Milo. You should really give Ayden control back" Caden suggested.
     "Why the fuck do you always think I will listen to you?" Milo sneered
     "You need to calm down before we go with her. We don't want to scare her" I said and he sighed. He gave me control, but I stayed in my wolf form. Once we arrived at the door someone handed me some clothes. I got out of my wolf form and put on the clothes. We walked in and saw Lance standing outside one of the doors.
     "Why aren't you in there with her?" He stopped me at the door and I glared at him.
     "When I went in there Skylar started freaking out. I didn't want to stress her out so I am waiting out here" He explained.
     "Okay well, I have to go in there and make sure she is okay so move" He stared at me for a few seconds and then sighed in defeat. He moved out of the way and I stepped into the room.
     "-with glow, bring back before its lost, before its gone" Skylar sang as she played with Rose's hair. I cleared my throat and she looked at me. She gasped and stood up.
     "P-please! Alpha Ayden! Don't hurt us. We are sorry for ruining the n-night!" She stood in front of the bed with tears in her eyes.
      "Skylar, I won't hurt you. Rose is my mate." She looked at me in shock
     "W-what?" She questioned. "She isn't of a-age. She doesn't have her w-wolf"
     "Wolf or not I feel attracted to her. I have to be with her and protect her. I will be taking you back with me tomorrow" She shook her head.
      "Alpha Roy won't let us go. Don't take us!" She sobbed into her hands.
     "You'll be safe with me. Did Alpha Roy do anything to hurt you?" I stepped closer and she sat back down.
     "P-please! step back! Leave!" She put her head down and held Rose's hand. The Alpha in me was mad that she was talking to me like that, but I knew she was scared for her life. I backed away and she started humming the same song she was singing when I walked in. I stepped out and Lance had a smirk on his face.
     "Don't start" I warned.
     "I told you to give them space" He held his hands up in defense.
     I grunted and sat on the chair across the door. I sat there the whole night making sure no one from this shit pack went into the room. I could hear both of their hearts beating. One slower than the other. Skylar talked to Rose all night. It was mainly a one-sided conversation, but that didn't stop her. She would hum the same song when she would start to freak out.
     "You need to eat," Caden said handing me a sandwich.
     "And you need to shut up" Milo sneered.
     "Aww grumpy MIlo is back" Caden pouted. "Give me back my friend"
     "Fuck off"
     "Milo you can't starve yourself. You need the energy" Caden pushed
     "You think I'll get weak by not eating a sandwich?" Milo growled.
     "No, I just want to make enough conversation for you to give me Ayden back" Caden took a bite out of the sandwich.
     I heard Skylar gasp and then some movement. I pushed through Milo and stood up. I walked towards the door and stopped.
     "What happened?" I heard Rose ask.         "Where am I?"
     "Rose! You passed out!" Skylar panicked.
     "It hurts" She whimpered.
     "Walk in there!" Milo yelled in my head.
     "I can't I don't want to scare her"
     "Rose, I have to tell you something," Skylar said
     "What is it?"
     "Alpha Ayden saw us with Gamma Richard last night" It was quiet for a few seconds. I could hear their faint breathing. Caden opened a bag of chips and my head snapped in his direction. He smiled and I glared at him. The door opened and Skylar looked up at me.

Jade's Pov

      I put my finger up to my mouth and Skylar looked confused. I pointed to the door and began to stand up. She put her hand on my shoulder and shook her head. She went to open the door and looked shocked.
      "Alpha Ayden! Goodmorning. Can I help you with something?" She asked.
     "I want to check on Rose before we leave. I need to make sure she is good enough to travel." A low voice said.
     "Leaving?" I questioned. Skylar turned to look at me and then back at the door. She sighed and stepped to the side. He stepped in and my breath hitched. So his name is Ayden? Alpha Ayden. I breathed in his scent and I calmed down.
     "How are you feeling?" He stepped closer to the bed.
     "I-I've been better" I stuttered out.
     "Are you good to travel? I want to leave this place as soon as possible" I looked at Skylar in confusion and she shrugged.
     "Skylar, will you give us a moment, please? You can wait outside. Stay close to Caden okay?" She looked at me and I nodded. She stepped outside and left me alone with him.
     "Where are you taking me?" I asked
     "Back to my packgrounds I can't have you living here anymore"
     "Just reject me" I looked down. I could feel the tears building up in my eyes.
     "What?"
     "Just reject me as your mate. If you're lucky you might get mated with someone else. You shouldn't have someone like me as your mate. You don't have to deal with me" He stayed quiet but I can hear his heavy breathing.
     "Why would you even suggest something like that?" I looked up at him and his eyes were glued to me.
     "I am worthless. You don't want me as your mate. I don't know anything about being a Luna"
     "You don't have to worry about that right now" He looked down at my legs and his fists clenched.
     "I don't want you to be here anymore. I want to take care of you" He lifted his hand and I flinched away.
     "Come on please." I looked at his hand and took a deep breath.
     "We can't be away from him it will make us weak," Sara said to me. She sounded tired.
     "I'm healing us. It's draining the energy from me."
     "He is an Alpha. What if he is like Alpha Roy?"
     "He won't be anything like that"
     "How are you so sure?"
     "He is our mate. He will never do anything to harm us"
     I mean I have nothing to lose. Might as well take the chance. I can finally leave this wretched place.