Chapter 26

Jade's Pov

    The pounding of the door had me sitting up in a second. I looked around and didn't see Ayden on the bed. I searched for my clothes and couldn't find them so I grabbed a shirt from the floor and put it on. It was big enough to reach my knees and thankfully it covered everything. The sun shining through the window indicated it was already morning. I walked over to the door slowly and put my ear against the door.
   "How do I activate the special hearing?" I asked Sara.
    "You don't activate it. It's naturally in you just listen."
I stayed quiet and the pounding stopped.
   "I swear if something is wrong with her I don't know what I'm going to do" I heard a voice mumbling. I opened the door and the figure in front of me appeared.
    "Ayden why don't you ever-" once she realized it was me she stopped talking.
   "Skylar? What brings you all the way over here?" I asked nervously.
    "Jade! What did I tell you about not showing up at night!?" She tackled me in a hug and I laughed.
   "I was supposed to go back, but I guess we fell asleep" She stepped back and looked down at my outfit.
   "That's not your outfit?" Her eyes went wide and I pulled her into the room before anyone heard. "You slept with Ayden!?"
    "No, I did not sleep with him" I walked over to the couch and flopped down.
   "Oh yeah? Then why are you wearing his shirt? And why is your underwear on the floor?" She pointed at the piece of fabric beside the bed and I rushed over. I picked it up and quickly dropped it on the floor once I realized how wet it was.
    "How do you explain that?" She crossed her arms and I sighed.
   "We didn't have sex. We did do other things.." I trailed off. "Well he did"
    "How scandalous!" She sat on the couch and looked at me. "Tell me everything!"
   "Skylar it was amazing" I joined her on the couch. "He made me feel pleasure that I never thought I could feel. I surrendered myself to him and I don't want to make myself vulnerable"
    "I'm confused. Are you happy about it or upset?"
   "My mind is in knots. I feel guilty. I don't think I will be at peace until we save those girls"
    "It's all going to work out fine. It's already in the process we just have to be patient."
   "How can I be patient when I took care of them the whole time I was there! Now that I'm gone who knows what can be happening to them?" I cried and she hugged me.
    "Jade, I'm worried too. I have a bad feeling that I haven't been able to shake off"
   "It's a good thing we have an update then isn't it?" A voice said which made us jump. We turned to look at the door and Ayden, Lance, and Caden were standing there.
    "Nice dress," Caden remarked and I rolled my eyes. They sat on the other couch in front of us and we waited for them to explain.
   "We were able to get connections into his pack and they agreed to testify against him. They will explain what they have seen and heard Alpha Roy do to the girls." Ayden explained.
    "How do you know we can trust them? Those three weren't the only ones who abused us." Skylar spoke up.
   "Who else did?" Lance asked
    "Some pack members would try to grope us while we were working. They were always stopped except that one time" I said.
   "What time?" Ayden asked.
    "It's a story for another day" I didn't dare to make eye contact with him. I can feel the anger radiating off of him already.
   "We can trust them," Lance reassured and I nodded.
    "Once we have all that information when does this meeting happen?" Skylar questioned.
   "As soon as we are one hundred percent sure that the information is firm," Caden replied.
Ayden was quiet. He was scanning Skylar and me with his eyes. Looking at our bodies probably checking how we are healing. I cleared my throat and pulled the shirt down.
   "Okay, I will stay here with Jade while she changes you guys go downstairs and get breakfast," Ayden announced and they stood up.
    "I don't have clean clothes" I shrugged.
   "I'll find some."
Everyone quickly got out of the room and I faced Ayden.
    "What did you mean when you said 'except that one time'. Why didn't you tell me?"
   "I don't want to ruin the day"
    "Why do you say that? Jade, you have to tell me. We can use it in this case. Plus, I care about you and I want to help the girls."
   "I'll tell you later. Or maybe another day..." I trailed off and walked away from him.
    "Jade" Ayden warned.
   "Ayden," I replied in the same tone. I was across the room but we were facing each other. I crossed my arms and huffed. He looked at me for a bit and then sighed.
    "At some point, you're going to have to tell me"
   "Yes, I will. Not right now. We need to go back to my room to get some clothes"
    "Fuck no you aren't getting out of this room looking like that."
   "Then what am I supposed to wear?"
He walked over to his closet and I sat on the bed. He came out with some shorts and a t-shirt. He handed them to me and stood there awkwardly.
    "Can you turn around?" I asked him shyly.
   "I saw everything last night and you still want me to turn around?"
    "I'm not used to changing in front of anyone that isn't Skylar"
He turned around and I quickly changed into the clothes.
   "Okay, you can turn around now" He turned to look at me and smiled.
    "This fits too big" I frowned and he walked over to me.
   "It's perfect. You have my scent all over you,"
    "Can we stop by my room? I promise it won't take long,"
   "I'm hungry and you need to eat"
    "Please," I pouted and stepped closer to him.
   "Fine. but quickly"
I attempted to walk by him but he grabbed my arm.
    "Goodmorning kiss?"
   "I haven't even brushed my teeth"
    "I asked for a kiss not if you brushed your teeth" He smiled. I laughed and gave him a quick peck on the lips. He pouted and I pulled him out of the room. We walked downstairs to my room and stopped at the door.
   "I won't be long." I smiled and walked into the room. He stopped the door with his foot and I looked at him confused.
    "Don't think that you're going in by yourself" he let himself in and stood by the door.
   I walked over to the closet and grabbed one of the dresses. We should've bought more shorts instead of dresses. I'll ask Ayden later about exchanging some items. I walked over to the restroom and quickly slipped out of his clothes and into mine. I walked out and he was sitting on the couch. I grabbed my sandals and slipped them on.
   "Okay, ready" I smiled. He stood up and walked over to me.
    "I hated the idea of you getting out of my clothes but seeing you in this dress made this worth it," His voice was low, almost seductive. He rested his hands on my waist and pulled me close to his chest. "I'll have the pleasure of taking off your clothes again,"
   His words made my knees shake and made me want him now. He leaned down and connected our lips together. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he lifted me up. He placed his hands on my bottom for support and sat on the bed. He squeezed my ass which made me gasp and he took the opportunity to slip his tongue into my mouth. I rolled my hips against his growing bulge and he moaned.
    "Maybe we should head downstairs," I asked, I rested our foreheads together and tried to catch my breath.
   "Or, I can pleasure you until you scream my name so loud everyone will know who you belong to" His words made the slosh come out of me and he smirked. "I know you want me, baby,"
    "We can do this later. Right now we have to go downstairs before they get suspicious" I climbed off of his lap and he groaned. My body was burning for him. I wanted him to take me in every way possible.
   "Well, look who's changed their mind about this" Sara smirked.
    "This heat isn't helping" I snickered.
   "Change your underwear. I don't want anyone to smell that delightful scent of yours" Ayden called out.
    I scurried around trying to change it almost tripping in the process. We headed downstairs and into the dining room. As soon as we walked in someone called Ayden over and he turned to look at me.
   "Go join them I'll be there in a second," He said and I nodded. I turned around and waved over at Skylar. I began walking over when someone stood in front of me.
    "You're new here," He said and smiled down at me. He had short black hair, and brown eyes and was towering over me. I stumbled back a little and smiled shyly up at him.
   "Yes, I am. Nice to meet you" His eyes scanned my body and I shifted uncomfortably on my feet. I looked to the side to see Caden and Lance panicking. Lance stood up and walked over to us.
    "My name is Bryce. What's yours?" His gaze kept shifting down and it made me panic.
   "I'm-"
    "Bryce! How are you doing man?" Lance asked from beside him. I sighed in relief and smiled over at him.
   "I'm good. With all due respect Beta, I was having a conversation here with the pretty lady" Bryce said, he winked over at me and then looked back at Lance.
    "Yes, well actually, she was about to join us for breakfast so if you'll excuse us," Lance grabbed my arm but Bryce stopped him.
   "Whoa, I approached her first." He grabbed my other hand and Lance groaned.
    "Now we have a problem" Lance mumbled.
   "Are you trying to disobey your Beta?" A low voice asked behind me.
    "Alpha" Bryce said sounding frightened, he bowed.
   "Let go of her hand before I rip it off myself" Ayden growled. Bryce let my hand drop and Lance pulled me away.
    "Next time don't you dare go against your Beta. Keep your horny hands off the ladies. Do you understand?" Ayden said, walking closer to him as he talked.
  "Yes Alpha" Bryce lowered his head. Ayden growled again and he walked away from us.
    "Let's go" Ayden guided me to the table and I sat next to Skylar.
   "Brutal," She said and I nodded. I began eating my food while the boys talked about something
    "I didn't mean to cause a commotion. Was everyone staring?"
   "In fear. Ayden holds a powerful control over them,"
    "Great, as if we needed more attention. People are going to suspect why Ayden was so overprotective"
   "Don't worry it'll pass,"
    "Girls, no rush but as soon as we are done eating we need to have a discussion about a few things in my office," Ayden said, we looked up at him and nodded.
   "Are you okay?" He asked and looked at my arms.
    "Yes I'm fine no worries," I smiled at him.
   "Told you it would happen," Caden remarked, Lance nudged him on the side and I looked at him.
    "What?" I asked confused.
   "This, the heat. Males will be attracted to you"
    "She isn't even hot," Skylar touched my arm and Caden laughed.
   "Darling no, it's a sense. That's why Bryce wanted to get with her" Ayden slammed his hand against the table and we stayed quiet. He sighed and I put my hand on top of his.
    "How come Caden and Lance aren't affected by it?" Skylar asked.
   "We feel the pull but not in that way. It's in our blood to watch over her." Lance said.
    "We're not sexually attracted to you" Caden shrugged.
   "Can we talk about something else?" I asked.
I removed my hand away from Ayden and he frowned. I didn't want anyone to suspect why we were holding hands.
    "Let's just go," Ayden stood up. Skylar and I quickly cleaned up while the boys waited.
   "You know we have people for that. Actual workers" Caden said, Lance was typing away on his phone and Ayden was waiting patiently.
    "What's so bad about cleaning after yourself?"Skylar asked him and he shrugged.
   "Okay, there now we can go" I smiled. I walked beside Ayden as we headed to his office.