Chapter 13

Ayden's Pov

     Watching her come back laying on Caden was infuriating. Milo was going crazy he wanted to fight Tate, Caden's wolf, but I knew he was protecting his future Luna. She didn't even want to look my way. I was already making progress with her and Christina ruined everything. I followed close behind them and examined her.
     "Do you think she has had the chance to transform already?" Milo asked.
     "No, look at her shoes. They have mud and her arms have some scratches as if she was running. I don't think she is healthy enough." I replied.
     "It's your fault she is hurting you hurt our Luna" He growled. "If it wasn't for that bitch we wouldn't be in that situation."
     "She was supposed to join the pack tonight and now I don't know if she still wants to"
     "You better fix this or I will go on a rampage" He threatened.
I know he wasn't kidding. He has only gone on a rampage twice. When my father died and then when my mother died a month ago. It's almost impossible to control him during that stage until he gets what he wants.
     "Good afternoon Dr. Bour" Caden said and I looked up.
     "Gamma, Alpha" He bowed and smiled at the girls. "Good afternoon, what can I help you with?"
     "Rose here has a gnarly cut on her arm can you check it out?" Caden asked and he nodded. He motioned to Rose so she can sit on the examining bed and she looked up at me.
     "Would you feel more comfortable if I leave?" I asked her and she looked down. She shook her head and the doctor walked up to her.
     "I'm going to go ahead and examine you now okay?" He explained and she nodded. He grabbed her arm and she winced in pain. I couldn't help but growl and he backed away. I cleared my throat and nodded giving him permission to continue. He grabbed her hand again and looked at the cut.
     "Do you mind me asking how old are you?" He asked as he grabbed some cloth.
     "Eighteen," She said in a small voice. I looked over at Caden and he looked confused.
     "Gamma Richard had no idea she had her wolf." He mindlinked me.
     "Skylar also thought she was underage. She was hiding from everyone." I replied and he nodded.
     "I am going to put some medicine on it. It might sting a little miss...I'm sorry what was your name?" The doctor spoke up.
     "Ja-Rose" She quickly corrected herself. I furrowed my eyebrows and she looked up at me.
     "Rose," She said again and looked over at Skylar who had a panicked look on her face.
     "Rose isn't her real name either" Caden pointed out.
The doctor added the medicine and she whimpered. Seeing her like this was killing me. He cleaned it up and wrapped a bandage around it.
     "This is healing slower than usual considering your age. Have you been eating well?" He asked and she nodded.
     "Actually Dr. Bour I wanted to bring them in tomorrow for a check-up but if you have time right now I would appreciate it," I said and Rose's head snapped up to look at me.
     "Whoa, what kind of check-up?" She questioned.
     "I wanted him to check your health. Give you some vitamins to make you stronger" I said and she shook her head.
     "No" She looked at Caden. "I don't want that. You will not be doing anything to us"
     "It's for your own good" He reassured and she continued shaking her head.
     "I need him to check you so I know you are doing better. I need you to be healthy" I said and she didn't look over at me.
     "I said no." she looked over at the doctor who was sitting in his chair looking between us.
     "Are we done here, doctor? I would like to go to sleep. I am tired from all the running" She asked him and he nodded.
     "Thank you" She jumped off the bed, grabbed Skylar, and walked out of the room.
     "Thank you, doctor," Caden said and Dr. Bour bowed. We walked out of the room and followed closely behind the girls.
     "-and I don't want the same thing to happen here" I heard Rose say.
     "Rose" I called out for her but she kept walking. Skylar looked back and gave me a small smile.
     "Rose," I said a little louder but she still ignored me.
     "Rose!" I yelled and she froze in her spot. Skylar looked between us with a worried look on her face.
     "We need to go to my office. You have to tell me what you meant by that and why you don't want a check-up." She turned around and had tears in her eyes.
     "What happens if I say no?" She asked and I sighed.
     "I can help you, Rose. Let me help you." I walked over to her and she took a step back.
     "I want to leave," She said and looked at Caden.
     "Don't worry I'll take you to your room and-" Caden said but she interrupted him.
     "I want to leave the pack. I don't want to be here" Hearing those words coming out of her mouth was as if someone was stabbing me in the chest. Skylar looked at Rose and shook her head. Caden looked back at me and shrugged.
     "Wait, Rose, I think we should stay here," Skylar said and Rose shook her head.
     "I don't want us here. It's not safe" She looked up at me and took a step closer.
     "We are leaving tonight," She said and I shook my head.
     "No you won't it's too dangerous out there," I said through gritted teeth.
     "I, Rose Davis, reject you, Alpha Ayden, as-"
     "Stop!" I yelled and they all bowed down. Milo was in control and he was furious.
     "Milo, calm down," Caden said as he stepped in front of me.
     "Don't tell me what to do! Get them to my office now!" He yelled and Caden turned around to look at the girls.
     "We need to go now." He said in a low voice and they looked confused. "Trust me, darling, that is not Ayden right now. It's Milo, his wolf, and he has a very short temper"
Milo growled and Caden turned to look at me.
     "I'm taking them already Milo." He reassured and nodded. He grabbed their hands and pushed them in front of him. Rose looked back at me with a scared look on her face.
     "Milo you're scaring them," I said to him.
     "She was about to reject us! I will not let that happen."
     "I won't let it happen either. I need you to give me back control."
     "No. I will take care of this"
Once we got to the office I shut the door behind us. The girls sat on the chairs in front of my desk. Caden was standing beside me by the door. The door opened and closed and we were joined by Lance.
     "I caught him up already," Caden said
     "Who taught you how to reject a mate?" Milo asked and she looked down.
     "One of the girls from the kitchen." She said in a whisper.
     "You will tell me what Alpha Roy did to you," Milo said to the girls. His voice was deeper and darker than mine. Skylar looked down and Rose stared at the wall behind us.
     "I will not ask again" Milo growled.
     "No" Rose replied not taking her eyes off of the wall.
     "I command you to tell me!" Milo yelled and they whimpered.
     "They abused us!" Skylar sobbed and Rose looked over at her in panic.
     "N-no they didn't. Skylar no" She said and Skylar looked up at her.
     "I'm sorry Rose. Alpha Ayden has been so much nicer than Alpha Roy. I trust him and we need help" She looked up at me and Rose looked down.
     "I need you to explain everything to me. Do not leave a single thing out" Milo growled.
     "We joined Alpha Roy's pack about eleven years ago. Rose, well uhm" Skylar bit her lip and had tears flowing down her face.
     "My real name is Jade," Rose said not lifting her gaze from the ground.
     "Jade joined the pack a couple of days before me. At first, Alpha Roy was very kind to us. He let us play with the pups of his pack and then he became abusive." She sobbed. I could feel Caden and Lance's anger beside me. Every sentence she said brought up more questions from me.
     "Over the past years they 'saved' stray wolves wandering around the border. He would use us as his staff."
     "Were all of you underage?" Lance asked.
     "Yes, once the girls turned eighteen if they didn't mate to anyone in the pack they would disappear. We don't know exactly what happens although I did hear a rumor that they would drive far away and drop them off where ever they drove off to."
     "What did he do to the girls?"
     "Whenever one of us would mess up or if we did something he did not like, he would hit us.
     "Only him?" I asked. Milo had given me back control and Rose looked up for a second.
     "Her name is Jade" Milo corrected.
     "Sometimes it would also be Gamma Richard or Beta Alfred."
     "How often would he do it?" Lance asked.
     "Every day. It's just that Jade would step in for all of us and she took the harshest beatings"
     "Did he or anyone ever sexually abuse any of you?" Caden asked and she stayed quiet.
     "Yes," Jade said in a whisper. I growled and turned around. I ran my hand through my hair and tried to calm down.
     "It wasn't that much. They knew it was illegal and they never went too far." I heard Jade reply.
     "What about meals, clothing, living situations?" Lance asked and I turned back around.
     "We would eat scraps of food and we had old ragged clothing. Jade would step in and share her food with all of us. She always took care of all the girls and put us first." I looked at Jade and she had tears streaming down her face.
     "We all had tiny rooms with old dirty mattresses. Jade and I shared a room from the beginning. We had a broken sink and shower that didn't always have running water."
All of this explains why Jade hid her identity. If they knew the truth she wouldn't be here now. It also explains why she is more malnourished than Skylar. She took care of them first and took all the beating.
     "How bad were the beatings?" Caden asked in Jade's direction.
     "There were only two times when I was close to death." She said. I could feel the anger picking up on me again but I remained calm so I wouldn't scare them.
     "Wait a second," I said and they all looked up at me. "Did they hit you at the full moon party? When Ruby dropped all the plates?"
     "She couldn't breathe. I had to stop him" Jade said.
     "What happened?" I asked trying to stay calm.
     "Gamma Richard grabbed Ruby by the throat and she wasn't breathing. When I went towards them Beta Alfred slapped me and held me back. When I noticed she couldn't breathe I screamed to them to let her go. Beta Alfred picked me up and took me to-" She began sobbing again and Skylar hugged her. "I'm sorry I can't"
     "Please tell me I want to help you," I said in a begging tone.
     "There was a room outside the packhouse where they would take the misbehaved. They chained me up and took turns beating me up" She said. Caden walked to the other side of the room and sat down on the couch. I could hear his heavy breathing and Lance also turned around. I could feel my hands shaking but I controlled my breathing.
     "Milo stay calm I don't want to scare them," I said and he sat down.
     "Was that one of the times you could've died?" I said in a low voice and she nodded. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. It was quiet for a long time. The only things that can be heard were the heavy breathing and sobbing from the girls. Her lavender/vanilla scent was keeping me sane every time I would breathe in.
     "Alpha Ayden?" Skylar broke the silence. I looked over at her and she was looking up at me with red eyes.
     "We wanted to ask you if there was any way to get the girls out of there? We are so worried about them" She said.
     "Yes of course. I'm going to start working on that right away" I promised.
     "I just have one more question before you go," I said and they nodded.
     "Do you still want to join my pack?" They looked at each other. Caden and Lance stood by my side and the girls looked up at us.
     "Alpha Roy will never get to us here?" Skylar asked.
     "I promise no one will ever treat you girls like that again," I said and they smiled.
     "Then we would love to join," Jade said.
I swear she makes me go crazy. I would do anything to keep that smile on her face.
     "And we will" Milo agreed