Chapter 48

Jade's P.O.V.

"Moon Goddess Evangeline has a mysterious way of showing her affection doesn't she?" Ayden said. My glow went away and he stepped forward. "Please enjoy the rest of the night and feel free to come up to us,"
He led me away from the front and sighed.
"Lance, I am going to need an answer from those people in Mexico you told me about,"
"I'm working on it already. We should be set to go soon,"
Ayden handed me a glass of water and smiled at the people passing.
"They will start asking questions. What do I say?" I opened a link with him but kept my eyes on the crowd.
"Reflection,"
"You can't possibly think that is enough to convince them,"
"Just how you made up the excuse of falling earlier? To convince me nothing was going on?"
I turned to look at him in disbelief. He took a sip of his drink and glanced back at me. I was about to say something when a young couple approached us.
"Alpha, Luna," They said and I smiled at them.
"Thank you so much again Alpha Ayden for accepting us here," The young man said
"No need to thank me Dilan, May I ask how you are feeling Rosie?"
That's why they looked familiar. They were the couple who testified against Roy. Rosie looked so different without her pregnant belly.
"I am feeling well. Thank you Alpha Ayden,"
"Please, let us know if you need anything," He said and they nodded. They excused themselves and Lance came up to us.
"Full moon is almost at its peak. Are you ready?" Ayden nodded and didn't say anything. I really do hope a lot of people find their mates tonight.
"Come on," Ayden wrapped his arm around me and pulled me to the side.
"Tell him to watch himself. I know he was upset about earlier but nothing happened. There is no reason he should be upset," Sara said.
"We will wait here. I don't want you running out and falling on anyone else,"
"Okay, that's enough. I don't know what is up with you. I told you what happened and you have been short with me all night. You said no one was going to be in the packhouse so if anything you should be mad at the guards for not doing their job correctly."
He stared back at me in shock and I looked away. The moon reached its full peak and there were howls around the crowd. I spotted Skylar and she was looking for someone. I was about to walk over to her when I saw Caden walking up to her. They each said something and then kissed. I
"Finally!" I squealed and Skylar looked at me. She did a little happy dance and laughed. I heard Ayden growl and I looked at him.
"Someone is trying to get in through the borders."
Lance came up to us and nodded.
"Keep her safe away from everyone. I will be right back,"
Ayden ran away and I turned to look at Lance.
"Why doesn't he ever tell me anything? I like to be kept updated as well. I do not want to be lost,"
"Right now he is in the process of checking. I'll let you know if he tells me anything,"
"Where is Skylar?"
"I am right here, is everything okay?" She came up behind us with Caden.
"Ayden told me the trespassers aren't backing down. We need to get everyone inside the packhouse now," Caden said. They walked up to the front of the crowd and everyone turned to look at them.
"Excuse me! Can I get everyone's attention? We need everyone to stay calm about what I am about to say. Please follow us into the packhouse at once," Lance announced. They were confused but quickly followed.
"Luna Jade, what is going on?" Someone came up to ask me.
"There isn't much information right now," I smiled and she walked away.
"Don't be too short with them. Reassure them and make them feel safe," Lance said to me.
We all made it into the dining room. The crowd overflooded the hallways. People began to panic and start asking if they could head home.
"Suzy? Suzy!" I heard someone yelling.
"What happened? Are you looking for someone?" I asked the lady frantically looking around.
"My daughter! I can't find her!" She had tears streaming down her face.
"How does she look? I would be happy to help you look,"
"She is five years old. Black hair and she was wearing a white dress,"
"Okay, I will start asking around. We will find her," She nodded and I walked towards Caden.
"There is a missing five-year-old. She goes by Suzy. She had black hair and was wearing a white dress."
"We'll look for her, but we are not going to separate," Lance said and I shook my head.
"No, we will cover more ground if we split. She must be scared if she is away from her mother,"
"Jade no. I will stay with you,"
"Split up now." I walked away and started calling out for Suzy. I looked into the hallways and asked the guards by the door. I felt like something was wrong. I have a bad feeling in my stomach that I can't shake off.
"Suzy! Are you around here? Suzy!" I walked out of the packhouse to search.
"Mommy! Where are you?" I walked toward the crying sounds. I saw a young girl crouched down by the bush. I ran over to her and she moved away.
"It's okay. I'm Luna Jade. Your mother is looking for you,"
She reached out for me and I bumped into something when I picked her up.
"Luna Jade? What are you doing out here?"
I looked up to see the mystery guy from earlier.
"I was looking for Suzy," She was hiding her face on my shoulder.
"Let me escort you back to the packhouse," I nodded and we made our way back.
"Jade where are you? Ayden said they are looking for a man. Intruder. He is camouflaging among us," Lance's voice came out in my head.
"I'm heading back to the packhouse. Do we know what he looks like?"
"I never got your name," I asked the guy.
"I'm Jason," He smiled back at me and began to lead me away from the pack house.
"I believe we are going the wrong way," I said. He grabbed my hand and began walking faster.
"You're hurting me. Let go of me!" I said and tried to pull away from him.
"Jade his name is Jason. Where are you? Ayden is looking for you"
"Jade! Where are you?!" Ayden's voice rang in my head.
Before I can answer a familiar person started walking toward us.
"Christina?" I question.
"Jade," She smirked. "Or should I say, Luna Jade"