Chapter 14

Ayden's Pov

After we ensured the girls were in their room we headed back to the office.
     "I'm going to kill that fucker" Caden said as he played with a pocket knife. I threw the lamp across the room and they looked at me.
     "I'm surprised you kept your cool" Lance said.
     "Trust me. I am as well. Every time I would see her face it would calm me down." I replied.
     "I think I need to go for a run," Caden said and we agreed. I opened the window and jumped out and transformed mid-jump. I landed with a loud thump followed by Tate and Roman who were Caden and Lance's wolves. We ran into the woods through the trees.
     "Race you to the lake," Caden said and I laughed.
     "Don't even bother," I said. I picked up the pace and left them behind. Dumbass should know no one is faster than the Alpha. I reached the lake and they caught up a couple of seconds later.
     "Caden, why do you challenge him? You know it's impossible to beat him" Lance said as he tried to catch his breath.
     "One day I will beat him" Caden laughed.
     "You're both idiots" I laughed. I drank some water and sat by the lake.
     "How are we going to get the girls out of there?" Lance asked.
     "I'll call an Alpha meeting as soon as possible and explain the situation" I sighed.
     "You need proof. What if they don't believe you?" Caden pointed out.
     "I still don't know. the details. I'm still trying to process everything they just told us" I said.
     "So Rose's name is Jade. She stood up for all the girls there. It's as if she has had Luna protection instincts from the beginning." Lance said and I agreed.
     "We can do the ceremony tomorrow. I still want to take them to Dr. Bour for their checkup." I said and they agreed.
     "Alpha We need you by the south end of the border" 
     "Ayden what's wrong?" Caden asked
     "They are calling me to the border" I stood up and started running down south.
Once we arrived there we saw two wolves looking at something down on the floor.
     "Alpha" They bowed and moved out of the way. It was another rogue. This time it was bloody but it was dead.
     "Wait a second" Caden got closer and sniffed it.
     "This is the one that attacked Jade," He said and I looked at the rogue again.
     "I thought you said you killed it?" I questioned him.
     "I did. He was dead when we left him" he said sounding confused.
     "Someone is placing bodies throughout the borders," I said to the two wolves. "Dispose of this one and keep a lookout for others" They nodded and dragged the body away.
     "Let's go back," I told the boys and proceeded to walk back. Something inside of me needed to make sure Jade was okay. Once we got to the packhouse I had someone waiting for us with shorts for when we shifted back. We went in and up to the girl's room.
     "You don't think they might be asleep?" Lance asked before I knocked on the door. I listened in and heard soft snoring coming from inside the room.
     "Okay, let's just head to bed and I'll ask them about the checkup tomorrow," I said and they nodded. We all headed off to our rooms. I flopped onto the bed and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. 

~

     I woke up to the bright sunlight hitting my face. I groaned and sat up. I quickly got ready and headed over to the girl's room. As I was about to turn the corner I heard an angelic voice. I saw Caden leaning on the door frame of their room.
     "What's going on here?" I asked when I reached the door.
     "Oh nothing just laughing at old memories," Caden said and Jade wiped her tears away.
     "Old news or small news?" She commented and they laughed again.
     "Don't you dare!" He said and put his hand on her shoulder. I growled and he quickly moved it away.
     "What news?" I asked through gritted teeth.
     "Just some package," She said and looked over at me.
     "Okay, no secret code messages just tell me what's going on," I said and crossed my arms.
     "She's talking about my package. My junk" He snickered.
     "Caden," I warned and he sighed.
     "She saw me naked." He said.
     "She what?! When?!" I yelled and she stepped back.
     "It wasn't on purpose. It was last night when I found her. I had to get back in human form to speak with her and she saw me" He said cautiously.
     "I looked away right away." She said besides us and I calmed down.
     "Okay" I turned my attention to her and she was smiling. "I came to ask if you were still okay to go do the checkup with Dr. Bour?"   
     She bit her lip and looked back into the room. I adjusted my pants so the bulge wouldn't be shown.
     "Yeah just give me five minutes," She said and I nodded. She closed the door and I looked over at Caden. I smacked his head and he winced.
     "What was that for?" He questioned.
     "For being an idiot," I said and he laughed. The door opened again and both girls were smiling at us.
     "Ready!" Skylar said and we began walking to the hospital.
     "So Jade, can I call you Jade?" Caden asked and she laughed.
     "Well, that's my name" She snickered.
     "What do you think about my package?" He asked and I turned around.
     "Caden I swear to god I am going to kill you if you mention your package to her again" I growled walking closer to him.
     "It's okay," a soft voice said behind me.
I looked down at my arm and then back at her. She had put her hand on my arm and smiled at me. I instantly felt calm and took in the sparks that ran through my arm. She took it away and I frowned. I wanted her to keep touching me. I cleared my throat and continued walking again.
     "She felt comfortable enough to do that. That's a good thing right?" Caden mindlinked me.
     "I don't know, but Caden keep your distance. I wasn't kidding I will kill you" I said and he laughed.
     "Don't worry I will never try anything. I like messing with you" I rolled my eyes and closed the link.
     Once we arrived at the doctor's office I looked over at Jade. She was looking down nervously and so was Skylar.
     "Goodmorning Dr. Bour. I brought the girls back for their checkup." I said and he smiled at us.
     "Okay! yes, let's go into one of the rooms" We followed him in and sat on the chairs.
     "Who wants to go first?" He asked and Jade stood up.
     "I'll go first" She smiled and sat on the examination bed.
     "Okay, I am going to do a regular check-up first. is that okay?" He asked and she nodded.
     He grabbed some instruments and began. I was watching his every move making sure that he was being careful with her. He finished and then it was Skylar's turn. He did the same thing and thankfully they were both okay.
     "So, Both girls have the obvious healing bruises and Rose's cut on her arm is healing better"
     "Jade" I corrected and he looked up confused.
     "Her name is Jade" I repeated and he nodded.
     "Well, between the girls Skylar seems to not have as much strength and her reflexes are a little slow. I want to do some blood work" he said and adjusted his glasses.
     "How does that work?" Jade asked and he looked at her.
     "You've never had blood work done before?" He asked and she shook her head.
     "It's through a needle." He said
     "Does it hurt?" Skylar asked and he scratched his head.
     "Just a little pinch but it will be fast." He explained and she nodded.
     "I'm going to get the supplies. I'll be right back" he stood up and walked out of the room.
     "How are you girls feeling?" I asked and they looked up at me.
     "It's a bit weird getting checked out. We've never had this before" Skylar said.
     "Jade, yesterday you said you were almost beaten to death twice, but you only told us about one time. When was the other time?" Caden asked her. She was about to speak but Dr. Bour came back into the room. He set up the supplies and quickly got the blood. I felt bad when Skylar began to cry. She kept fidgeting and it took Dr. Bour a couple of minutes to finally get the needle in her arm.
     "I will need you to come back in two days for the results. For now, please take these vitamins to help you." He said and handed them a bottle of pills.
     "Thank you, Dr. Bour," I said and we walked out.
     "I'm starving let's go get some breakfast," Caden said and the girls laughed.
     We went to the dining room which thankfully was mostly empty since breakfast time was over. During breakfast, Caden made small talk, and I stayed quiet. I couldn't get what Caden said earlier out of my head. Jade hasn't told us about the other time when she was brutally beaten. The doors opened and Christina walked in with her group.
     "Ayden!" She called out and waved her hand.
     "Oh fuck" I mumbled and looked over to Jade. She had her hands in fists but kept her gaze on the food in front of her.
     "Good morning! I wanted to ask if you were going to join us for training today?" She asked and looked at me.
     "I'm busy," I said and looked over to Jade who was looking at us now.
     "You haven't gone training for a while." She said and grabbed my arm. I growled and yanked my hand away from her.
     "Don't you dare touch me again" I said in a low voice and she pouted.
     "Oh come on Ayden. You use to love it when I touched you" She winked.
     "It's Alpha Ayden. Now go you're disturbing my breakfast" I said and she didn't move.
     "Did you hear me? I said go!"I yelled and slammed my fists against the table.
Everyone stayed quiet and they all looked down. 
     "This bitch better leave before I strangle her" Milo said
     "Okay." She said and turned on her heel. She walked out with her group and slammed the door behind her. I looked back at the table and they continued eating as if nothing happened. Once we finished eating we left and I let the girls go to their room and rest.
     "Where is Lance?" Caden asked.
     "Glad you finally noticed he was gone. I asked him to check on the border for anything else." I said and he nodded.
     "So what's on the agenda today?" He asked and flopped down on the chair in front of my desk.
     "I have some paperwork to catch up on," I sighed out of frustration.
     "Well, what do you want me to do?" He put his feet on my desk.
     "Move your feet from my desk or I will snap them off" I said and he moved them. He stood up and laid down on the long couch on the other side of the room.
     "I'm going to take a nap. Wake me up when you need me," he put his arm over his eyes.
     "If you start snoring. I might suffocate you" I said and he laughed.
     "Why do you always want to kill me?" He said.
     "For fun?" I shrugged.
     "Nice to know that killing or hurting people makes you happy." He said. "well, let's not forget how smitten you are over Jade," I smiled.
     "Your mom and dad always wanted you to find someone that makes you happy."
     "I know." I rubbed my face and cleared my throat.
     "Okay, let me work" I began looking through the papers.