Chapter 12

Jade's Pov

     "Thank you girls for helping again!" Gaby exclaimed.
     "It's really no trouble. Anything time you need help just let us know and we will come to help you" Skylar smiled.
     "We are all done for today thank you again," She said and we nodded.
     "Where did you go with the Alpha yesterday?" Delilah asked as we were heading out.
     "He needed us for some business," I said and she crossed her arms.
     "What kind of business?" She questioned.
     "It's personal," I replied.
     "Are you going again for this secret meeting? Maybe I can go and offer my help"
     "Didn't he already tell you that we were good? We don't need help"
     "Yeah, but maybe he changed his mind. I bet he misses me anyways"
     "Why do you say that?"
     "Alpha Ayden and I have chemistry between us. I can feel it" I felt my blood boil and my hands turned to fists.
     "I'm going to be eighteen in One month. Just in time for the next full moon. I know I am going to be mated with him." She smiled.
     "Too bad she doesn't know that we are his mate," Sara laughed.
     "We'll see won't we," I said through gritted teeth.
     "If you'll excuse us, we have other things to tend to," Skylar laughed nervously. She took my hand and dragged me out of the kitchen.
     "Are you okay?" She looked over at me as we walked back to the room.
     "No, he is my mate, and hearing her talk about him that way makes me want to snap her neck." I sighed.
     "Imagine how they will all feel when they found out who you really are" She laughed.
     "I want to talk to him. Before we decide to officially join in" She nodded
     "Let's go ask someone for him." She said and I nodded. We walked around but were too scared to ask anyone. We saw Caden talking to some other people and walked up to him.
     "Hey! What can I do for you little ones?" He smiled at us.
     "I wanted to speak with Alpha Ayden," I said. He looked over at the others and nodded. They walked away and he looked back at us.
     "I believe he is in his office. I can show you where it is" He said and I nodded. He led the way through multiple hallways and finally reached double doors.
     "Here we are," He said and Skylar laughed. He knocked on the door and it didn't open. I can hear some noise, but couldn't make out what it was.
     "It's fine come on" He opened the door and stepped in. He gasped and turned around to look at me. I stepped to the side and was in shock at the sight in front of me. He was leaning against his desk and Christina was roaming her hands all over him. He looked up and pushed her off of him. 

Ayden's Pov

     "I need to talk to you," I said to her. She looked up and smiled.
     "Anything for you Alpha" She batted her lashes and I rolled my eyes.
     "In my office now" I turned around and she laughed. I could hear her heels clicking against the floor as she tried to catch up to me. Once I got to the office I shut the door behind me and she smiled at me.
     "What did you need me for?" She stepped closer and I walked away to go sit at my desk. She scoffed and sat in the chair in front of me.
     "I need you to stop talking about my guests. Stop spreading rumors about them." I said and she laughed.
     "What's so special about them? I mean the one with the purple eyes? Is she a stray?" I slammed my hand on my desk and she jumped.
     "Did I not just say to stop talking about them?!" I yelled and she rolled her eyes.
     "If you're trying to help two strays I wouldn't recommend it. Let's focus on the pack. I heard I might become your Luna if you don't find your mate soon" she stood up and leaned against the desk.
     "Stop talking back to your Alpha!" I yelled and she sat back down. I stood up and rubbed my temples.
     "I need you to stop talking about them. Worry about the jobs I have for you" I said and she nodded.
     "You seem stressed do you want me to help?" She smirked.
     "I need you to go," I said and walked around the desk.
     "Oh come on. You won't regret it" She stood up and walked over to me.
     "Why do you always disobey my orders?" I asked.
     "I like being a bad girl. Maybe, punish me about it?" She put her hands on my chest and I grabbed her wrists.
     "Don't touch me" I growled and she smiled.
     "Don't worry, I can go straight to the good part"
     "Christina you need to go" I pushed her hands away from me, but she continued to touch me.
     "Soon, when you mate with me you will want this all the time"She whispered in my ear.
     I heard a gasp come from the door and I turned my head. Skylar, Caden, and Rose were all standing there with shocked looks on their faces. I shoved Christina off of me and walked over to Rose.
     "It's not what it looks like I swear," I said and she shook her head. She took a step back and looked at Caden.
     "I-I have to g-go" She ran out of the room and I turned to look at Christina.
     "Get out now!" I yelled and she ran out. Skylar wasn't in the room anymore and Caden ran his hand through his hair.
     "What the hell were you doing?!" He asked and I punched the wall.
     "I brought her in to talk about Rose! I wanted her to leave her alone and she jumped onto me!" I yelled and he shook his head.
     "I need to go see where she ran off to," He said.
     "Operation make Ayden Loveable might've just been ruined" was the last thing he said as he walked out of the room.
     "Fuck!" I yelled and threw something across the room.
     "What are you waiting for?!" Milo yelled and pushed through me. He transformed into wolf form and jumped out the window. He landed on the floor with a loud thud and got up to search for her scent. 

Jade's Pov 

     I ran out of the office and through the hallways. I hadn't explored the whole packhouse and I had no idea where I was going. I pushed by some people and finally got to the outside. I dodged the tree branches and jumped over items on the floor. I felt tears streaming down my face and my breathing was heavy. I ran for a long time and had no idea where I was. I don't know why it hurt so much.
     "It's the mate bond" Sara replied.
     "I don't want to be here anymore"
     "We can't leave. What about Skylar?"
     "We can escape and find another place,"
     "What other place will take in strays? You have a good place here"
I sat down to catch my breath and put my head between my legs.
     "I have been through so much pain these past years, but nothing ever hurt like this" I cried "I miss my parents"
     "Jade someone is here,"
Sara said and my head snapped up.
     I stayed quiet and listened to my surroundings. There was a sound of a branch crack to the far left and I stood up. My legs were shaking but I stood in position. A rogue jumped out in front of me and my heart started racing. The wolf was bigger than me and it had dirty fur and red eyes.
     "Oh, shit" I breathed out in a whisper. It lunged at me and I moved away just in time. He growled and looked back at me.
     "Sara, how can we transform?" I asked and she didn't respond. The rogue lunged at me again and this time he scratched my arm. I yelled in pain and moved away from him.
     "You don't have enough strength!"
     "Are we going to die?" 
     "No, we aren't. The first transformation is hard but not impossible" 

The rogue circled around me and growled. He lunged at me but another wolf knocked him out of the way. I stumbled back up and watched them fight from afar. It was a much bigger brown wolf on top of the rogue. The growls and grunts were so loud you could probably hear them from far away.  I looked down at my arm and saw that it was already healing. He had a very familiar smell but I couldn't make out who it was. After a couple of seconds, I heard a yelp and a body thump on the floor. I looked up and saw the brown wolf catching their breath. He shifted back into human form and it was Caden. He was completely naked from head to toe and I felt my cheeks get hot and I looked away.
     "I'm sorry, I had to transform back to be able to talk to you." He said and I didn't look in his direction. "Ayden is looking for you. He is really worried."
     "He didn't look that worried while he was with that girl" I replied.
     "She jumped onto him," He said and I looked back at him. He covered himself and was rolling on the balls of his feet.
     "How do I know you're not covering for him?"
     "Christina has always flirted with him. She has tried so hard to be his Luna, but he doesn't want her" He explained and I stayed quiet.
     "He really does care for you Rose. You should've seen how he exploded when you left," he said and I frowned.
     "Let's go back," I looked away.
     "I have to turn back into wolf form which means I won't be able to communicate with you, but if you need anything say it. I can hear you" He said and I nodded.
     I heard a shuffling noise and I looked back at him. He was such a beautiful brown wolf and walked over to me. He nodded over to the direction we were going to walk to. We began walking back to the packhouse. The pain in my feet was finally hitting me now that the adrenaline went down. My feet and arm felt really sore and I think he noticed. He stopped and looked back at me. He tilted his head and I showed him my arm.
     "I don't know how long I ran for. My feet hurt and the rogue got me, but I am healing already," I said. He nodded up and bent down to my level. I hesitated, but then climbed on and grabbed onto his fur. He carried me all the way back to the packhouse while I lay on his back.
     "Rose!" I heard a voice cry out.
I looked up and saw Skylar running over to us.
     "Caden let me down please,"  I said and he bent down. I climbed off and walked over to her. She crushed me into a hug and started crying.
     "Please don't leave me again!" She said and I ran my hand through her hair.
     "I'm sorry Skylar. I am here now" I said and he looked up at me.
     "You're hurt!" She said and looked at my arm. I heard a growl and looked up to see Alpha Ayden. I looked at Caden who was standing beside him with only a pair of shorts on.
     "Can you take me to the pack doctor? My arm really hurts" I asked him and he looked over to Alpha Ayden.
     "Yeah of course. Come on" He said and I grabbed Skylar's hand. I walked by Alpha Ayden without looking back. I could feel his anger radiating from him, but I didn't want to be with him right now.