Chapter 49

Jade's P.O.V.

"What do you want?" I asked her. Suzy was getting fussy in my arms.
"What do you think I want?"
"You know people have been looking for you. You disappeared for days," I said.
"What could they possibly want? Now that you took off my top warrior title I am worth nothing. We have to get even don't you think?"
I was confused. Jason walked over to her and smiled.
"Title for title," She smirked. Now I understand. She wants to be Luna. Just what she wanted from the beginning.
"I can't get in contact with Ayden," Sara said.
"You're going to kill me?" I asked and she laughed.
"If it's the only way," She took out a bottle. "Don't bother trying to contact anyone. We spread wolfsbane around preventing you to be able to contact anyone,"
Suzy started crying and I tried to sush her.
"Please. Don't hurt her," I said and she laughed.
"I'll do what I want," She motioned over to Jason and he walked toward me.
"Give me the girl," I hesitated and he yanked her out of my arms. She yelled and he covered her mouth.
"Don't hurt her!" I went toward him and Christina pulled me back.
"Where do you think you're going?" She opened the bottle up and from the scent, I knew it was wolfsbane.
"Open your mouth. I will finally be able to take my place as Luna when I return you to Ayden, lifeless. I would tell him your last wish was to mate with me so he won't be alone and he will have a brave, strong woman by his side."
I struggle to keep my mouth close and in the process of fighting some of it landed on my arm. As soon as I screamed she poured some into my mouth. I heard some growling noises around me and she let me go. I knocked over the bottle and it fell to the ground.
"You bitch you burned me!" she looked down at her hand. My mouth was also burning but I was looking for Suzy. She was standing on the side and I went to pick her up.
"Jason?" Christina questioned. A wolf appeared from the trees and I know that is Caden. He walked over to us with blood in his mouth.
"What did you do to Jason?!" She yelled. Two more wolves came out from behind him and it was Lance and Ayden. My legs finally gave out and I fell to the floor. Ayden ran over to me quickly.
"What did she do?"
"Wolfsbane. On my arm and mouth,"
The stinging sensation in my mouth was excruciating. A smaller wolf came from behind and attacked Lance.
"We need to get you out of here. Climb on top," Ayden ushered. I did as he told me and he began to run away. Once we arrived at the packhouse he set me down.
"Jade! you're bleeding from your mouth!" Skylar ran toward me. I couldn't move my mouth without it hurting. I pointed at Suzy.
"Suzy? Your mother is worried sick!"
"Suzy! Oh my gosh!" Her mom ran toward us and picked her up.
"Luna Jade, thank you so much! I can never repay you for your help. Is there anything I can do?"
"Call for Dr. Bour please!"Skylar said. I looked up at Ayden and he nodded.
"I need to go check on the other wolves attacking the other side of the border." He ran away and I looked at Skylar.
"Jade, why wouldn't you listen to Lance? We should've never separated."
I looked at my arm and it was already sealed. My mouth was feeling better already as well.
"I have to go help," My voice sounded hoarse. I stood up and Skylar grabbed my arm.
"No. I will not allow you to go. Ayden said you have to stay here,"
"What kind of a Luna am I if I don't go and help?" She shook her head and I removed her hand from my arm.
"I will be fine. Can you make sure I have clothes for after please?"
"Wait, Jade-"
I let Sara take over and shift.
"Luna Jade! You shouldn't be shifting in your condition!" Dr. Bour yelled as he ran over to us.
I ran away from them as they both screamed after me. I didn't even know where I was going. I was following Ayden's faint scent as it got stronger. I heard growling in the distance and I ran faster toward it.
I got pushed to the side and I fell to the floor with a whimper. I quickly got up and faced my opponent. It was a wolf around my size but gray. We launched at each other multiple times until I finally got his neck under my paw and I snapped it.
I stared at the body in shock and quickly went back to running. Soon enough I was met with an open field with multiple wolves fighting. I spotted Milo in the distance. I began attacking the wolves and helping to bring them down. The wolfsbane in my system was beginning to make me dizzy. I was knocked down multiple times but quickly got back up.
I felt a sharp pain in my back leg which made me howl. I caught a glimpse of Milo as I went down and our eyes met. He was attacked from the back and I got dragged away. There was a wolf right on top of me trying to bite down on my neck. I slid up from under him, pinned him down, and snapped his neck. I felt yet another pain in my neck and I lost consciousness.