Chapter 24

Ayden's Pov

   "Before you do anything, keep in mind that Jade won't be happy" Lance said and raised his hands in defence.
   "Don't worry I'm not going to do anything." I sighed and sat on the chair. "I talked to her last night and I understand why she wanted to do it"
   "Then why did you call me here?" He asked.
    "I want both of them to get personal training. I don't want anyone else there. I don't need anymore incidents." I said and he nodded. 
   "Did she also tell you about going to school?" He asked and I nodded. 
    "I am going to set up private lessons for them as well."
   "What's going on here?" Caden barged in and I groaned.
    "I called you ten minutes ago where were you?"
   "I went to grab a snack" He shrugged
    "I don't see anything"
   "I ate it on the way over here" He flopped down on the couch and relaxed. "By the way, I never complimented you on the new haircut. I don't know how she was able to convince you to do that" 
    "I have been wanting to do it for a while. I never had the chance and last night she suggested we go to the salon" I ran my hand through my now short hair.
    "When are you gong to announce it to the council hat you have found your mate?" Lance questioned.
   "I don't think she is comfortable yet. We barely started talking about marking each other. If they find out I have a mate they will rush me to mark her and have the Luna ceremony. I am taking this step by step so I won't scare her."
   "I think you scared her enough" Caden snickered.
    "No thanks to you two. You need to tell me if she is doing anything that might get her hurt. I don't like worrying about her" I sighed.
   "You told her the mark hurts right?" Lance asked and I nodded.
    "It's only for a bit." I shrugged.
   "You better do it soon to get Christina off your ass." Caden reminded.
    "That's it for now. I'm going to work on some paperwork" I said and they nodded. They walked out leaving me with the stacks of paper on my desk. 

Jade's pov

   "Another steamy night and you still think he is not into you?" Skylar asked.
    "I'm doubting it less now. You know we talked about the marking process. He wants to wait, but I don't" I said and her head perked out from the bathroom.
   "Are you saying what I think you're saying." She asked and I nodded.
    "I have accepted that I am his mate. I want to show it off. I want girls like Christina to know that Ayden is not available" I said and she squealed.
   "You're so in love it's adorable!" She hugged me.
    "The thing is I don't know how to tell him. I don't know if it's another ceremony and I don't want to add to his stress" I frowned.
   "We can worry about that later! Right now you need to focus on confessing your love to him" She clapped. 
   "We can put you in one of those fancy dresses and get you out on a date" She said and I shook my head.
    "I don't want anything too fancy. I know he likes being lowkey. Maybe another picnic in the garden?" I suggested.
   "Where is this garden?"
    "It's right outside the packhouse but it's off-limits to everyone. He likes to take care of it because it reminds him of his mother."
   "Let's ask Caden and Lance for suggestions and then we can figure out that outfit part later" I said and she rolled her eyes.
    "Don't think you're getting out of wearing a dress. You know how much he loves seeing you in dresses."
   "Okay fine" I stood up. "I'll call Caden and Lance."
    "Wait, can I do it?" She asked and I nodded. She stayed quiet and her eyes went foggy.
   "Did I do it? Did it work?" She looked around. There was a knock at the door and I nodded. I opened the door and Caden was standing against the door frame.
   "Did you run here?' I asked and he shook his head
    "I'm not at your beck and call" He laughed. "I was near your room and Skylar called me."
   "Come in we have a secret meeting" Skylar pulled him in and he stumbled.
    "I'm guessing I was also called for the secret meeting?" I turned around and Lance was standing there. I pulled him in as well and shut the door.
   "Whoa, why are we being secretive?" Caden rubbed his hands together.
    "Jade wants to tell Ayden she loves him" Skylar blurted out. I felt my cheeks warm up and I looked away.
   "Wait, so it's not so much of a secret" Caden said sounding disappointed.
    "We need your help to set up something like a surprise" Skylar explained.
   "That's were the secret comes in" Lance realized and I nodded.
    "You know we are not really good with secrets. Ayden can tell when we aren't telling him something" Caden said and Lance nodded.
   "Well too bad. You're going to have to keep your mouth shut for this one" Skylar laughed.
    "I don't think we should make a big deal about this" I shrugged.
   "Nuh-uh girl this is a big deal" Caden said in a sassy tone.
    "It is. Ayden's parents always wanted him to find someone to love and care for. It's actually a big thing considering you will be Luna" Lance said and I sat down with my face in my hands.
   "Please don't remind me it's so much stress already"
    "What do you need our help with?" Lance asked.
   "We need to find a perfect place setting. You need to get Ayden there for the moment without him suspecting anything" Skylar said.
    "What about the garden? I mean you guys have been going there a lot. It could be your special place?" Lance said and I stood up.
   "You know, it's his mother's garden and I don't want to take over it," I frowned.
    "You won't. No one but him had touched or seen that garden in a month. Not even us. The whole thing is off-limits. The only reason we saw it was to help set up your previous date." Caden said and sat on our tiny couch. Well it wasn't tiny but having a tall ass wolf sitting on it made it look smaller.
   "Okay so it's settled! Now when can we do it?' Skylar asked.
    "Preferably as soon as possible" Lance said and scratched the back of his neck.
   "Before the council-" Caden stopped mid sentence and Lance groaned.
    "Before the council what?" I crossed my arms.
   "Nothing" Caden shrugged and leaned back.
    "Caden" I warned and he sighed.
   "The council is forcing Ayden to mate with someone in the pack if he doesn't find his Luna soon" I sat down again.
    "I thought meeting your mate was supposed to be a magical stress free time" I groaned.
   "You mated with an Alpha. It's not as common as you think" Skylar said and sat beside me.
    "I want to do this, but I don't want to feel rushed." I said
    "Do you love him?" Lance asked and I looked up at him "Do you want to spend the rest of your life with him? Do you want to be able to show off that he is yours?"I nodded and he squatted down in front of me.
   "There is no reason to feel rushed. It's fate. Ayden might not have shown it at first but he has been waiting for twenty four years for this moment"
   "Did you just say he is twenty four?"  Skylar asked in shock.
    "Yes, mates come in different ages sometimes, but forget that part. This is meant to be. No one is rushing you" Lance smiled up at me. "Ayden is head over heels for you."
   "Let's do this! Operation Luna in motion" Caden clapped.
    "Seriously?" Lance looked over at him.
   "Ayden is calling us" Lance stood up and Caden stumbled up.
    "All of us?" Skylar asked and he shook his head.
   "No, just us. We can continue this meeting later" He said and heaeded towards the door.
    "Remember don't tell Ayden about any of this!" Skylar called out as they walked out of the room. 

Ayden's Pov 

   "We're here!" Caden announced as they walked into my office.
    "I know. I heard you coming down the hallway. Did you run here?" I asked. Caden laughed and looked at Lance.
   "Kind of." He breathed out.
    "Where were you guys?" They shrugged and sat in the chairs in front of me.
   "Around" Caden smiled. I rolled my eyes and handed them some papers.
    "While you were frolicking in the hallways another body was reported on the west side of the border" I rubbed my temples.
    "Why would they be scattering them?" Lance questioned.
    "It's so that I know they are surrounding us whoever they are"
   "What's the next step for this?" Caden asked.
    "Alpha we are under attack!" 
   I stood up and headed towards the window. They quickly followed and we jumped out. I lead the way to where I heard the fighting and we joined. I quickly snapped three necks and looked at my pack members.
   "What happened?" I asked.
    "Surprise attack."
   "Anyone hurt?"
    "One. We already sent him to Dr. Bour."
   "Don't let anyone see these bodies."
I walked over to them and noticed they were all rogues.
    "We are going o have to-" I stopped talking and listened. There was another wolf here.
   My head snapped up and everyone got into position. A twig snapped and I growled. A big gray wolf came out from the trees. He had red eyes and cuts all over his body. I stepped closer and he didn't move. He growled and stepped back. He turned around and ran in one swift move and I ran after him.
   I could hear all the steps thudding behind me. Their growls and panting following close behind. I picked up the pace and left them behind. I lunged forward and bit the rogue's leg. He yelped and fell on the ground. I fell on top of him and we rolled on the ground. I clawed and bit all over as he was fighting back. I finally got the grip and snapped his neck. He fell to the ground with a thud and I stood next to him.
   "Are you okay?" Lance asked as they caught up with me.
    "I'm good" I grunted.
   "Ayden you're bleeding" Caden said and I looked down. I was in fact bleeding from my leg. I shrugged and walked away from the body.
    "Scrap that one as well." I pushed through them and began my way back home.
   "Caden you know if the leg hurts I can carry you back to the packhouse." Caden snickered.
    "Fuck no. I am not going to ride on your back naked like a worthless bitch." I replied.
   "Have some clothes ready for us when we get back" I told the front door guard.
   The rest of the walk home was quiet. I shifted out of my wolf form as soon as we reached the packhouse. I grabbed the shorts they had ready for us and I limped inside.
    "Dr. Bour could take a look at this" Lance walked besides me.
   "I said I'm fine. I'll put some ice on it"
    "Ayden, you're leaving a trail of blood" Caden tapped my shoulder and I turned around. I looked down and there was a puddle forming under me.
   "Have someone clean that up" I continued walking. "Lance bring Jade to my office. Caden keep Skylar company. I know how much you love that" I smirked over my shoulder and they walked away from me. I got to my office and groaned when I sat on the couch.
   "You should've gotten that checked out" Milo sneered.
    "It doesn't hurt" I shrugged
   "Did you forget that I can feel the same things?"
    "I'm fine. I want to see Jade"
I took off my shirt and wiped off the blood from my leg.
   "You look like a murder. You're going to scare her"
    "Once the blood is wiped off it'll start healing better"

   There was a knock on the door and Milo perked up. I could smell her scent from this side of the door.
    "Come in" I said without looking up. The door opened and her scent got stronger.
  "It drives me crazy" Milo's tail was wagging like crazy.
    "Lance said you called me?" Her angelic voice said.
   "Yes I wanted to talk to you" I looked up. Her breath hitched and I smiled at her.
    "H-hey" Her cheeks went red and she wouldn't take her eyes off of me.
   "Oh yeah, she wants us" Milo said and I smirked.
    "I want her"