One.

LETTER TO LUNA   ___________Sugarhill, Harlem

LETTER TO LUNA
___________
Sugarhill, Harlem

LUNA GRIPPED ONTO HER UMBRELLA, as if she was scared to let go whilst walking to school she felt the wind hitting her neck every so often which made her curse herself for not wearing a scarf because it was starting to irritate her.

She knew it was raining which is why she brought an umbrella but she didn't think it would be this bad certainly her weather app lied.

Looking around there were many other children she recognized from her school who were running without an umbrella on trying their  best not to get soaked she laughed at them in her head "shoulda looked at the weather" is what she wanted to say to them but of course she didn't.

Walking into the building she closed her umbrella because she believed the whole "having your umbrella open inside is bad luck" shenanigan a lot of people called her immature for believing in good or bad luck but she didn't care at all.

Her first period class was American history and she hated it more than anything because whatever they spoke about was never really the facts it was always sugarcoated and she hated that they still sugarcoated in highschool.

"Hello Luna First in class as always" her teacher Mrs. Peters spoke drinking her coffee, Luna just smiled at her before going all the way to the back where she normally sits. Luna didn't really talk and she wasn't mute or anything like that she just never spoke unless spoken to and maybe that was the reason she didn't have any friends but what you've prolly already heard me say since you've began reading...she doesn't care.

As the room began filling up with students and it gotten louder Luna rushed to put her earphones in going straight to her "vibes" playlist tuning out the world pulling out her best friend.

Her journal.

She's had this journal since before she could talk, her father got it for her when she was a baby he had a journal too and he felt if he had one then so should his child.

The rusty pink journal that read "Luna Everglow" with different colors each letter was the only thing that really kept Luna sane and she didn't know what she would do if she ever lost it. Possibly die is what she'd say.

"Hi Luna" she heard a voice say as one of the songs she was listening to stopped playing, she looked up from her phone to see jaylen.

She wanted to roll her eyes but she knew better instead she forced a smile waving at him.

Jaylen had the biggest crush on her it was obvious and everyone knew but everyone also knew that she was not interested in him at all and she also made that clear without even trying to but hey he was just so desperate.

"Sooo....we're doing partners next period and I was wondering if you wanted to be my partner" he asked fidgeting with his fingers nervously, if she could stab herself right now she would.