Six.

LETTER TO LUNA ___________Sugarhill, Harlem

LETTER TO LUNA
___________
Sugarhill, Harlem

YOU ALL PROBABLY HAVE BEEN WONDERING, where Luna's mom is since the book started you've seen her father but her mother has never been introduced properly yet.

Luna's mother who's name is Sierra was not in her life anymore, stopped being in her life seven years ago when Luna's father decided on filing for a divorce her mother became a bitter bitch and took everything...everything but her child she didn't care for Luna only the money.

And Luna's dad Lucas hated her for it, he said it was a blessing and a curse it was a blessing that he got custody of Luna but a curse that his daughter couldn't have the relationship he wanted her to have with her mother and how hard it was for him to raise a girl.

Back to her mother tho Sierra started a new life almost immediately she moved to upper east side the very rich parts and met some white guy having two kids with him, she never told anyone she had a third child I mean on her Facebook and everything it even had "Mother of 2" as her bio and Luna would be lying if she said she wasn't hurt by it because she definitely was.

But not having a bond with her mother created a bigger bond with her father, not all the time do you see a single father raising his daughter alone, so when her father says they're going to her mothers for dinner she thinks he's pulling a prank on her.

"Dad...I know you like to joke but come on" she laughed shaking her head at her father who had been sitting on the end of her bed talking to her, she laughed but he was being serious.

"luna why would I joke like that, bringing that bit- your mother up isn't even something I do so why would I say this out the blue" he deadpanned her.

apart of her wanted to go "its okay dad call her a bitch"

"Why are we going to her house for dinner? did she invite us?" she asked sitting up, now she was confused last time she spoke to her mother was literally two years ago when she sent her a chipotle gift card for her birthday and all they said was a "thank you" and "you're welcome"

"She texted me...saying she had an announcement and felt that me and you should be there" He shrugged, she had a feeling her mom was bouta be on some bullshit

She had no hatred for her mother but she also had no love for her either she did not care for her she stopped caring for her mom a long time ago, so she didn't want to go but she knew she was going to be forced by her father to.

"We have to leave at 4 since it takes 20 minutes to get there plus traffic will make it longer" he stood up getting ready to walk out, it was 11:15 meaning Luna had 4 hours to get ready, nodding at her father she slouched back in her bed.

She was now dreading going to her mothers house she didn't want to see Sierra and she was confused on why Sierra wanted to see her.

STEPPING OUT OF THE PASSANGER SEAT OF, her fathers jeep she waited for her dad to come around the other side

Her outfit was pretty simple nothing too much she didn't think she had to wear a whole gown to have some dinner with her deadbeat mother, her father had on cargo pants and a graphic T-shirt him and Luna definitely shared style.

Looking at the house that belonged to her mother she did not want to go in, this was her first time ever being here even tho she'd be lying if she said she never searched the house up before on Zillow and looked around at it in awe of how the lady she called her mother was living.

Lucas being the one to knock on the door he grabbed his daughters hand seeing she was getting a panicked he had a pack of gum in his pocket just incase anything were to happen.

When the door opened it was a weird feeling for all three of them, Sierra lucas and Luna the three that were once a family now stared at eachother like they were strangers.

"C-come in" Sierra cleared her throat seeing the two people she once had love for, allowing them in Luna and Lucas looked around seeing pictures frames of Sierra and her family and vases it looked very rich looking back at Sierra she had on a long tight fitted white dress with a wine glass in her hand, her hair being out and curled

Luna may have disliked her mother but she couldn't lie and say she was ugly because that was false she got most of her looks from that women.

"Hello Sierra" Lucas greeted her pulling his arm out to shake hers but she pulled him into a side hug, Luna stood behind her dad staring at the interaction.

"Hi Luna" Sierra greeted her daughter, Luna just waved at her holding her fathers hand tighter than before Sierra sensed it and just turned around having them follow her.

Walking into a living room Luna and Lucas saw two kids and a white man

"She had a baby with a white man?" Luna thought to herself.

"This is my husband mark...and our children alayna and Elias" She introduced them to her family, if Luna could roll her eyes she would.

Looking over at her father she could sense he was not feeling this whole thing because he had that look on his face that she knew and Sierra knew it too she couldn't act like she didn't know the man they were high school sweethearts in the end of the day.

"Uhm you guys sit dinner will be done shortly" She spoke walking into the kitchen leaving her ex husband, husband and three kids in the room together alone.

Lucas and Luna sat next to eachother on a couch across from Mark the two children had been watching a show on the tv.

"So Uhh...Lamar is it?" mark asked Luna's father, Lucas knew he was being smart because lamar wasn't even close to his name.

"Lucas." He wiped his nose leaning back in the chair Luna looked at her dad seeing his jaw was clenched.

"Lucas! Right so Lucas you like football?" He clapped his hand saying his name, Lucas shook his head no.

"Nah not a big football fan" he told him looking around the room.

"What do you do for a living?" mark asked again, fuck was he playing 21 questions.

"Ion really feel comfortable-

"Nah nah i get it...hey im with the hustle tho, illegal or not-

"Motherfu-

"Dad." Luna cut her father off grabbing his arm, she thought she was gonna be the one that needed to be calmed down but it was her father but she couldn't blame him Sierras husband was already starting his shit.

And just from that tiny encounter Luna knew tonight was about to be eventful...and she hated eventful.

LETTER TO LUNA

A/N- buckle y'all seats cuz next chapter- whew!

Also do you guys want shorter chapters or longer chapters cuz I'm afraid my shits be too damn long