Seven.

LETTER TO LUNA ___________Sugarhill, Harlem

LETTER TO LUNA
___________
Sugarhill, Harlem

SITTING AT THE WOODEN DINNER TABLE, Luna sat next to her father and the little girl alayna sitting across from them was mark Sierra and Elias.

Looking at the food it was corn roast beef and mash potatoes, Luna wasn't a fan of corn or roast beef so she'd just pick through the mash.

"So Luna how old are you?" Mark asked Luna who had be picking at her entire meal.

"Fourteen" Lucas spoke for her, "oh geez...I thought she was maybe 16 the way she-

"Uhm Sierra you said you had something you wanted to announce or something" Lucas spoke cutting mark off before he could say something dumb  wiping his mouth with the table cloth, lucas was ready to go and didn't think he could be here any longer so the faster she talked the faster they'd be back home and get a real meal.

"Right." She cleared her throat drinking her champagne, Luna scratched her nose playing with her free hand twirling her hair under the table.

"Me and mark had been thinking...and we think Luna should come stay with us" She suggested grabbing marks hand as she spoke, lucas almost spat his drink out whilst Luna looked at them with pure confusion and worry.

"I'm sorry?" He chuckled at his ex wife thinking she was joking.

"I mean...Sugarhill isn't the best place to raise a young girl there's a great private school just down the street I could get her some clothes that actually are young lady like-

"Her clothes are perfectly fine continue" he cut her off saying, Luna didn't actually think her father would just lend her off to Sierra just like that...well at least she hoped he wouldn't.

"Me and mark just feel living with us is better for her" She finished.

"Sierra I don't mean to disrespect you in your home but Luna doesn't know you and I would not feel comfortable with her staying with a man I've never met and know nothing about" He explained referring to mark as the "man".

"I'm her mother what do you mean she doesn't know me-

"You walked out of her life seven years ago that's not very motherly" his teeth gritted at this conversation, Luna felt very awkward and ill of this conversation.

"Luna clearly needs to be here with us" mark butted in, this set her father off the edge.

"Fuck does that mean" he spoke, Sierra gasped dramatically as if she never heard a curse word before

"You three in the living room now" she said to alayna Elias and Luna, alayna and Elias stood up Luna standing up slower but was sat down by her father

"This is my child she stays with me." He said as Luna sat back down while the other two ran off.