Plans and prestige

-Chandrila-

ISB agent Priscilla Roth was currently on leave but still protecting her parents

ISB agent Priscilla Roth was currently on leave but still protecting her parents. She was from the very wealthy and extremely influential Roth family of Chandrila and one of ISB's greatest. She was both an agent and an officer with an impressive career but her mind was troubled. If current trouble regarding the Chandrilan senator, Mon Mothma, wasn't bad enough, there was the matter of her family.

For one, her family may be wealthy and influential in the galaxy but that power was on a slow decline only halted by her father's friends in the senate. Two, if something wasn't done soon, her family may face a crisis and three was the matter of marriage. In Chandrila, marriages were arranged and done at the age of 15 no less. Her father wanted to spare her from the political struggle but the protection she recieved by working under the ISB was expiring. Something needed to be done to save her and her family but she dreaded the idea of marrying someone just to be a political bargaining tool.

''Prisca dear, are you there?'' the voice of her father, Everett Roth, echoed from the other side of the room.

''Yes father, I'm here.'' Priscilla replied.

''I finally have found a way to save both us and you, Prisca. It's really simple. You just have to-'' Everett Roth started but his daughter didn't want to hear it.

''Father, please tell me I am not marrying Nyro. Please, dad.'' she begged, dreading the idea of marrying the ambitious men of Chandrila or the Core, especially one Nyro de'Vries.

''Never! I would sell my business and all our property to a Hutt before even entertaining the thought of that!'' her father nearly shouted. ''It pains me more than you think to use you as... a political tool but I'm being cornered to a place where I have no choice. I'll tell you, Prisca, you won't marry that man. With senator Mon Mothma's rising unpopularity, I might become the new senator but that is just speculation for now and not part of anything. I just thought you wanted to hear.''

''Then tell me, father. What do you have in mind?''

''For one, ISB colonel Yularen is very fond of you as he considers you one of the best in the organization and he still has friends in high places. More influential ones than me. Second and third is that I have plans to put forth business deals and negotiations with a very powerful company and noble house and you can protect yourself better should you marry that man. I believe you know him, Prisca. A certain General Salazar Covraii?'' Everett Roth told his daughter who's eyes widened in shock.

''Me... marry Sal? But father... he's a very busy man constantly having to put down rebellions and fighting in wars. I don't think he has time or even remembers me.'' Prisca said but her father shook his head no.

''No my dear daughter. My informants told me that the general is taking 2 weeks leave from the recent Umbaran Uprising and has to go on several business meetings for his family's company. One of them will be on Coruscant where I will talk to him.''