chapter one

chapter one :

chapter one :

like the demon?

------------------------

 lillith was never very good at staying focused

lillith was never very good at staying focused. it was something she had gotten into a lot of trouble for in her earlier years.

when her mother would scold her, and she would zone out or notice the birds instead of her mother's raised voice. when her brother would mock her only to find her fascinated by something on the shelf instead.

or when her sister would try to explain something, and she would look at the plant wondering how it got its colors.

or in school like now when teachers would give an assignment and speak about it for an hour, and she would focus on the paper before her and the way her pen moved as she drew a variation of stuff on it.

when she like now was at a loss for what to do when the teacher stopped talking.

'' MS decker, mr Salvador you two pair up '' the teacher spoke lastly after pairing up all the others in small groups. Salvador?

lillith knew little to nothing about the Salvador man, she knew he was graduating this year, and that he was trouble. bit trouble. which was what made her fear the darkhaired boy who turned his gaze towards her.

he squinted his eyes as the other students began to get up and move to their partners so they could begin their studies. lillith diverted her gaze focusing on gathering all her stuff and shoving it into her backpack.

she didn't notice him until he was standing directly next to her making her flinch away. she glanced up at the much taller boy trying to mask her anxiety with a smile. '' hey'' she greeted rather awkwardly.

he didn't reply which made her nerves wreck even more '' I'm lillith '' she added his brows furrowed for a second. '' like the demon?'' he asked bluntly.

she gulped '' yeah, I guess-'' she didn't like that question very much, unfortunately he wasn't the first to ask and most likely not the last either. '' I'm Lorenzo'' he introduced after a while.