chapter forty five

' the truth will always come forward'

 I do not think I have thought about Eden since we were children

I lied to lillith. me and her were close.

she helped me learn how to fight. she taught me what our uncle, and her brother, and her father taught her.

me and her were more alike than I liked to admit.

but I wouldn't tell lillith that. Eden was cruel, but so was I, Eden was heartless but was I any better? it was in our blood to be cold and ruthless. it was in the way we were trained since we were born.

and I suppose I had thought that after so many years spend in the confided space being the training room, with Dante watching our moves helping us learn and aspen sitting in the corner reading waiting for her twin to finish training while Eden trained as if her life depended on it.

I suppose for her it did.

but I suppose I had thought she would help when we called her. when I called.

I was begging her.

'' you are a don nic, I cannot solve your issues, victor Ivanov is smart but he is as arrogant as he is smart, I have other things to attend''

she had said coldly and then she had hung up.

but looking back she was right. victor Ivanov was as arrogant as smart. he had flashed lillith like she was a price, and that had got him caught.

so my anger had faded.

and then she barged into my home with her Russian scum of a husband offending lillith like my wife was a commoner to her.

and again lillith did not seem offended and so I buried my anger.

I would not make her fear me when she was not angry at Eden. I would not start a war over a matter that didn't seem to upset lillith.

that would be foolish.

I brushed some golden locks out of her face with a smile lingering on my lips as I stared down at my beautiful wife.

''I love you lillith'' I whispered before standing up with her in my arms feeling her nuzzle further into my chest seeking the warmth I provided.

I passed Lorenzo on my way he smiled at the sight of lillith following after me as I lay her down on her bed. '' are you going to stay? 'I asked him quietly. he hummed laying down on one side of her.

as I kissed her forehead.

'' you can go'' he assured me.

we did not want lillith to be alone not even in her sleep, one of us was always with her. call it paranoia. but it was the only thing that could make us feel somewhat peaceful knowing she was safe with one of us.

he pulled her closer.

as I turned around closing the door as I left the room the smile lingering for a moment before vanishing.

without her in my arms there truly was nothing to smile about.

but I had a dress to find for my wife, and I was hellbent on the dress being perfect.

she was going to be the most beautiful woman at that damned ball.

I would make sure of it.

'' so what?'' the taller of the two women seethed

'' so what?'' the taller of the two women seethed. '' you want me to do what?'' she asked almost daringly.

'' I want you to take your sorry ass back to Russia where you belong as soon as the ball is over'' the blonde woman demanded keeping her head held high.'' boss'' she added coldly.

the darkhaired woman smirked throwing her head back as laughter filled the small office belonging to the laughing woman. '' but I've missed Italy so dearly little punk'' Eden taunted.

the blonde woman rolled her eyes. at all too familiar nickname.

'' you tell anyone about us, and I swear to God Eden I will kill you'' she warned as Eden grinned leaning forward in her seat her grin never faltering.

'' you make it sound like we're having an affair little punk, I'm afraid I'm a married woman'' Eden taunted flashing the ring on her finger.

the blonde woman rolled her eyes irritated by the childlike behavior Eden was putting up.

but Eden didn't seem to mind the irritation. '' afraid your sister find out?'' Eden asked with a sick smirk.

'' you wouldn't dare-'' she began but Eden cut her off.

'' it would be a shame if she was to learn her beloved sister left her with a monster to go help the enemy save some random little girls, wouldn't it? I bet she would never speak to you again'' Eden taunted. '' then you would come running back here little punk, I must tell you your services have been greatly missed, I know Marcus have been missing you '' she added, and the blonde woman knew fully well that it was an offer Eden was proposing.

Eden wanted her back in her little gang.

no Marcus wanted her back and Eden was being the loyal friend she always was and coming to retrieve what Marcus wanted.

'' you won't say a word to my sister at the ball, nor to her husbands, and I will not come back to that sick fucker'' the blonde woman seethed referring to Marcus.

Eden sighed seemingly irritated by the answer. '' very well little punk but the truth always come forward, I won't be the one to tell but I don't guarantee your lover will be as understanding as I-'' Eden claimed referring to Marcus.

'' and you will not stop him? '' she asked her voice wavering slightly as she starred at Eden with a helpless expression Eden was not unfamiliar with.

'' no Katya I will not''

***