chapter forty three

' conversations with a serpent' 

lillith gulped at the expressions displaying on the Salvador's faces. '' listen lillith-'' Lorenzo began with a sigh not really knowing what to say to her as Dominic silently placed a stack of papers in front of her.

she turned her attention from the four men watching her ever so carefully too the stack of papers her eyes widening. '' what-'' she began confused.

'' please sign lillith-'' Dante said softly kneeling down beside her grabbing her left hand in his drawing circles on it while Lorenzo handed her a pen to sign.

'' but-'' she said looking up again from the papers '' marriage?'' she whispered quietly.

'' its needed, please lillith for your safety '' Dominic said pleadingly.

she sighed her shaking hand hovering over the papers for a brief moment before she signed the marriage papers. the Salvador's all smiled at her widely, as Alesandro slipped a ring onto her finger. '' from all of us'' he said.

the moment however was cut short when Dante stood '' come lillith, we have a meeting'' he said waiting for her to stand, she tilted her head confused but stood none the less.

'' your leaving me for work?'' she asked accusingly.

the Salvador's chuckled. '' no love, we have a meeting, as in all five of us'' Dominic said wrapping his arm around her waist leading her away.

***

lillith blue siren like eyes meet a dark pair of doe ones as she entered the office. '' lillith'' a smooth velvety voice greeted.

lillith was cut off guard for a second the same woman who had been in the basement the other day now sat before her with a loose grin on her face.

despise the innocent features of the woman it was clear she was no saint.

'' Petrov'' the Salvador's greeted her and the man looming behind her with a whiskey glass in his hand and his other hand on his wife's shoulder in an almost reassuring manner.

'' what do you want ?'' lillith asked coldly ignoring the man glaring at her husbands for a moment looking at the woman instead.

'' to talk of course, otherwise I wouldn't be sitting here would I now?'' the woman asked tauntingly.

the Salvador's jaws clenched. '' is it about victor?'' lillith asked.

the woman threw her head back checking. her dark curls falling back as she grinned even wider than before '' victor? oh no why would I care about victor Ivanov?'' she asked amused.

lillith glared at the woman who seemed to have no remorse for anyone. no respect either.

'' he said he had children'' lillith pointed out watching as the woman's expression turned dark the grin not leaving her lips but becoming more deadly.