chapter tweenty seven

' so fucking perfect '

--------------------------------------

my brothers had an awful habit. an habit I always found quite repulsive. they had the habit of acting like good men.

weather it was towards girls they liked in the past, or business partners, allies or to our own family members such as grandparents aunt and when they had still been alive our parents.

I was seen as a psychotic threat.

while my brothers stayed in the good light of everyone with their flashing smiles and fancy words.

I loathed it.

the worst part was knowing I couldn't do the same. I simply couldn't.

so instead I grew the habit of distancing myself from others. I simply didn't bother. they could fear me all they wanted I didn't care anyways.

but watching my brothers with my little angel was torture. how they made her smile and laugh. call me jealous- but it made me angry that I couldn't do the same. I couldn't tell her kind words not because I didn't want to but because I simply knew none.

I knew no words that I could tell her that would make her understand what went through my mind. so instead I did what I always did I tried to stay silent as much as I could. and it worked for the majority of the time, I didn't hurt her, I didn't say anything that made her offended, I even had her chuckling at something I said one time.

but still I was nervous whenever I spoke with her.

yesterday had been tough on all of us. seeing her sob in Dante's arms, because she was afraid of us leaving. the utmost fear in her eyes- even though we would never leave her it still made me feel horrible for being the reason she was crying.

and this morning I had been the last to wake up the rest having already gone to work leaving only me and lillith- who I had noticed was not an early bird at all.

this morning had been so peaceful her laying in my arms sleeping peacefully. her making us breakfast smiling at me. her long apology I had gotten while we ate together- an apology that I didn't need or wanted.

but still my mind ate at me.

and so I had vanished down to the garage my hands coated in dirt and oil from working on one of the cars that had been long forgotten by everyone but me music blaring through the speakers as I worked.

then suddenly I sensed eyes on me. I moved away from under the car glancing around quickly seeing a familiar blondie sitting on the floor with her sketchbook in her lap and a pencil in her hand.