chapter forty six

' a serpents games '

* liliths dress *

* liliths dress *

the makeup artist were quick to do her work and leave, so was the hair guy. and the dress Dominic brought to my room a mere minutes ago laid unfolded on my bed.

it was beautiful.

long classy, pearly white dress. that complimented all my curves and features. my light skin, my blonde hair, my blue eyes. it was perfect.

and yet it didn't seem to fit onto an as simple person as me.

didn't seem to belong in a murders closet.

'' its beautiful, almost as beautiful as you'' Lorenzo muttered wrapping his arms around my waist from behind.

'' you don't like it?'' Lorenzo asked nuzzling his head into my neck. '' we'll buy you another-'' he began.

I cut him off'' no, no I love it but its- too beautiful '' I tried to explain to him.

'' nothing is too beautiful for you cuore mio'' he whispered in my ear '' we would give you the world if you asked, you know that right?'' he asked quietly.

I hummed and I felt his hold on me loosen as he nudged me towards the dress.

'' you'll look breathtaking'' he assured me before leaving the room.

but I couldn't shake of this feeling of something happing tonight. something unsettling happening- something dreadful. 

Xavier Petrov stood by his wife side as he was known to do. his arm draped around her waist holding her protectively as guest began arriving at the huge manor which the ball was hosted at.

out of two of them, no one was really sure who was to be feared the most, and so no one dared to speak much to them except the few who knew the couple well enough to dare approach them.

'' lillith'' Eden greeted with a grin looking at the blonde woman who smiled politely at the darkhaired one, the four men behind lillith seemingly colder now in public though dates hold on lillith waist didn't once falter.

'' Eden'' lillith greeted back. '' you look stunning'' lillith complimented gesturing to the black gown Eden was wearing.

Eden seemed pleased with the compliment '' so do you '' she replied casually before her eyes drifted off towards someone else a full-on smirk covering her lips. '' lianna, eliza !'' she called out and a pair of girls which were very clearly twins approached them.

'' this is lianna and eliza black, girls this is lillith Salvador and her four husbands, my cousins '' Eden introduced.

'' wow four husbands? that's impressive, you can't even get one Liz, perhaps you should share some with my sister'' the taller of the two twins teased nudging her twin.

'' shut up lia '' eliza replied snarky. '' sorry about my twin, she's a pain in the ass, and congrats for your achievements so to say '' eliza said gesturing to the four men who were holding back glares. or well Alesandro wasn't.

'' now girls, behave, we don't want a fight in the middle of my ball do we now?'' Eden asked and both girls shock their head.

'' don't worry about me stealing anyone from you lillith, that's my wife over there-'' eliza said pointing to a dark haired woman standing by the bar talking with two men'' and that is my sisters husband and his best friend. so there are no threats from us in that department '' eliza assured.

'' anyways nice to meet you Salvador, but my brother is glaring at me from over there so we're just going to see what the hell his problem is, and Eden-'' lianna said gesturing first at a taller man that stood among a few other people which were clearly related to him, before she turned back to Eden. '' call me up on that offer with that match next month, I'll see if I can make it, but your boy better be good, I don't fight loser'' she said, and Eden smirked.

'' of course, not anna, now off you go'' Eden waved the two girls off.

'' what was the meaning of that ?'' Dominic asked as lillith eyes drifted off to Eden's husband who still had not spoken a single word to anyone.

'' I'm a bored woman cousin, can I not have a little fun angering my dear relatives? '' she asked. '' and their wife'' she added looking lillith up and down. '' where is your sister lillith? '' Eden asked with an evil glint in her eyes.

'' how would I know? I'm not in charge of her'' lillith responded suddenly suspicious of the woman standing before her. there were no doubt as to why Eden was referred to as the serpent.

and the man by her side looking like a statue reading to come to live and murder anyone who looked at his wife in the wrong way, did not help lillith nerves to ease. '' why do you want to know?'' lillith asked and Eden shrugged nonchalantly.

'' I've missed her dearly; I haven't seen her since our last mission saving those poor little girls'' Eden taunted and lillith frowned. '' the ten little girls you mentioned the last time we spoke?'' lillith asked coldly.

Eden shrugged unapologetically. '' I don't know what you're speaking off dear lillith, are you saying your sister didn't come to save you? that is a nasty accusation to make against your own blood'' Eden said faking sympathy.

and then her eyes snapped towards someone else, and her husband seemed to already have eyes on the person. he leaned towards Eden whispering something to her to which she hummed.

'' take care lillith and tell Katya I said hi and that she will be welcomed back with open arms if she wishes'' Eden spoke before she walked off.

'' text Michael to make sure Katya make her way to the basement, in chains'' Alesandro seethed.

lillith stood flabbergasted for a few moments.

Katya was working with the serpent? Katya had left her alone again? abandoned her for strangers? she understood Eden's reasoning for saving ten little girls over her, but her own sister?

now that broke her heart.

'' I want her gone, send her away I don't care where too I just want her away '' lillith said coldly.

'' one word and she's dead'' Dominic whispered in her ear she shook her head.

'' I want her to suffer, I want her to regret. make her leave '' lillith demanded firmly and the Salvador did as they always did.

which was whatever their angel demanded off them.

amazing what obsession and anger can do when walking hand in hand isn't it?