❛ V ❜

"Oh, long time no see, Yang Jungwon"

███████▒▒▒

⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡... ⋙

━・赤い部屋・━

━┈━

"He-heeseung hyung-?"

"Good evening"

Lee Heeseung, Sooyoung's older brother, smiled at him. A sarcastic smile.

"I heard you're partnered up with Sooyoung. Is that true?"

Jungwon gulped at his poker face which was unusually scary. He had never been able to face Heeseung's cold aura from the day he first met him. At a zonal competition.

"Y-yes-"

"Hm. I hope you won't do anything stupid that'd mess with her grades too"

Heeseung's eyes, the stare shot daggers of fear into him. What could he do? Kill him? Why was he so scared.

"I won't hyung!"

He pursued his lips answering that. His brain started recollecting flashbacks of him and Heeseung back when Jungwon was a 7th grader and Heeseung was an 8th grader.

━━━━

A dense crowd surrounded the auditorium. Where a zonal level chess match was soon to be held. Among the crowd stood this little clueless boy. A hall ticket was noticable in his little right hand. He gripped on to it tightly as he walked through the crowd trying to get to the auditorium.

"Are you a participant too?"

Another boy, a bit taller than him asked him.

"Y-yeah-"

The little boy nervously replied. The taller boy's aura was intimidating.

"I'm a participant too, lemme take you to the auditorium"

He said as he grabbed the little boy's hand, dragging him along with him towards the enterance. They showed their hall tickets to the security and got in. There was no crowd inside the auditorium as the match hasn't started yet. The two took a seat at the participants' corner together.

"Which school are you from?"

"Juile Secondary School"