❛ VI ❜

"What are you doing Sooyoung? I thought you were studying, and is that? YOU'VE BEEN GAMING ALL THIS TIME?!"

███████▒▒▒

⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡... ⋙

━・赤い部屋・━

━┈━

Her mother stepped into the room. Sooyoung who was startled by the sudden loud voice of her mother pulled out the cable which at an instant switched the computer off.

"No, mom- I can explain. I was jus-"

"JUST?! WASTING YOUR TIME MAKING THOSE STUPID 2D CHARECTERS SHOOT? IS THAT WHAT YOU WANTED TO TELL?"

Sooyoung stayed silent. She knew arguing back at her mother would be of no use. Her mother would never give up, no matter how logical and sensible her statement was.

"Your grades are going down Sooyoung!! Why can't you be more like your brother? Why can't you focus more on your studies?"

Sooyoung parted her lips, wanting to speak but was cut down by her mother raising her voice at her.

"Why can't you get rid of these useless applications?"

Her mother sounded rather concerned now than angry. She felt the need to bring her daughter back on track academically, just like her brother, Lee Heeseung. She was worried that games like those would clash with her studies, messing with her grades. She wanted her daughter to maintain her dignity, coming from an ace family. Sooyoung still kept her silence. She didn't wanna act gasoline to the fuming fire.

"You know what...?"

Her mother paused walking towards the computer. Sooyoung followed her mother's line of sight, addled.

"I'm locking this"

She started to input a strong passward for the computer. A password that Sooyoung would never be able to guess.

"What?!"

She ran, trying to stop her mother from doing so.

"You can't do that mom!"

She gripped her mother's wrists tightly.

"Let go of me Lee Sooyoung! If you don't wanna end up grounded for a year"

The grip on her wrist loosened as her mother set a password taking her leave. She closed the door shut right after, running back to her system. She tried multiple number and letter combinations trying to guess the password. But to her hard luck, it was a very, very strong password.

"Ugh!"

She hit the desk in frustration. She viewed gaming as her life. It was her everything. It was her comfort. Something that made her happy. But now she had it taken away.