❛ XXXIV ❜

███████▒▒▒

███████▒▒▒

⋘ 𝑃𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑖𝑡... ⋙

━・赤い部屋・━

━┈━

"Excuse me mister-!"

Jungwon spoke looking up from the card, trying to run after the person. The mysterious guy stopped in his tracks waiting for Jungwon to speak.

"What is this? What am I supposed to do with this?"

He asked, looking at the person's back. A chuckle was heard. Just a chuckle followed by seconds worth of silence.

"Scan the QR"

The voice spoke before it vanished from the spot. Yes, vanished. Jungwon blinked his eyes in confusion looking at the figure dissipate right into thin air, yet it didn't seem like magic.

I swear I heard that voice before.

It's way too familiar.

He turned the card to view the back of it. There the QR code was, printed right next to a few words in black which read
'Scan me to claim your surprise 🤫'

Is this a new marketing strategy or something?!

He hissed it off and kept the card in his pocket, leaving the hospital premises to buy himself some food. He hadn't had anything since morning, worried about his mother. But now that her condition is stable, though she's in a coma, he found the moment to be perfect to feed himself with something after a long day of starvation. What mother would want their child to starve worrying about them. That was his only thought.

Do what mom would want me to.

He walked into a nearby convenience store which was open 24/7. He entered a familiar aisle and took out a cup of spicy buldak ramen along with a carton of strawberry milk. He took those to the cash counter to pay for it.

"That'd be 2500 won"

The cashier said. Jungwon nodded and searched his pocket for money. But the only thing his hands could reach for was the red card. He hissed in annoyance snatching the card out of his pocket. He finally found the money and paid the cashier. He took his stuff and went to a nearby table to eat. He first prepared his ramen and got comfortable on the seat.

That's when he realised the card still with him. He took the card between his index and middle finger, viewing it cautiously. Despite it looking like a discount coupon, something was off about it. A simple card had a creepy aura. It gave off negative vibes which really creeped Jungwon out. Something in it was forcing him to scan what the QR was. At some point the temptation got worse. He quickly took his phone out and opened his camera to scan the QR.