Chapter 36

Smackdown 1/20/23

                                                           Making Moves and....

I blocked Elias's number and I never heard anything from him for the rest of the week. However, Sami was blowing up my phone like none other, telling me he was sorry, giving ideas on what he could do to make things right. Roman didn't like me bringing him up or giving my opinion on him so I've been keeping all the messages a secret from everyone, or at least I did until Thursday night. We pulled into the arena in Detroit, Michigan a few hours ago when a knock came at the door. Paul and Roman were inside the arena going over set up plans. Solo and Jey had gone to work out. Rick and Nicole had gone to pick up food in Nicole's rental car so that left me and Jimmy on the bus. I've been talking to him about some ideas for my match for the Royal Rumble.

"I'll get it," I said standing up thinking it was Nicole and Rick back with the food. I pushed open the bus door and Sami stared up at me.

"Hi, Briar," he said calmly with a little hesitation.

"Sami, something I can do for you?" I asked casually trying to stay calm.

"I was just wondering...if we could have a talk for a minute?" he asked. I stared at him for a second then stepped down off the bus. We stood face to face and I crossed my arms waiting for him to speak.

"I know I broke a promise to you but other than that why do you hate me?" he asked. I took a deep breath then sighed.

"I don't hate you Sami, I'm just...cautious," I said pausing to find the right wording.

"Cautious, what do you mean?"

"Let me ask you a question. Can you look me right in the eyes and tell me for a fact you are one hundred percent committed to The Bloodline, you'd do anything for The Bloodline?" I asked. The slight hesitation and the look told me the truth, I turned to go back onto the bus. My arm was grabbed and I turned back around.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, I'm trying to be, it's hard to deal with some of the stuff he asks of us."

"There's nothing hard about it. It's family protecting family and staying in the position we are at until we are elevated to the next level."

"It just feels like he has these over-the-top expectations that are impossible to live up to. I meant what I said awhile back to you on the phone, I believe you are above The Bloodline."

"Why is it that every time I talk to you about you in The Bloodline you change the subject about me in The Bloodline. Also, you have three seconds to let go of my arm, before I shove my hand up your nose and break it," I stated. Sami chuckled nervously as he dropped my arm. "I'm going back in, if there's nothing else," I said.

"You haven't responded to my messages all week. What can I do to get you to be on my side?" he questioned and I was having the Elias flashbacks all over again.

"This isn't about being on your side, we've had this conversation. Prove to me you're all in with The Bloodline and I'll accept you, prove to me this is your family and I'll trust you. If you can't do that then we don't have anything to discuss. So, for the time being stop blowing up my phone," I stated before turning again for the bus stairs only to find Jimmy standing there staring at the two of us.

"What's going on Little Uce?" Jimmy asked.

"Why don't you ask him," I said pointing my finger at Sami. Jimmy turned his eyes to him.