Chapter 48.5

Smackdown 2/10/23

                                                             Oh Sh*t part 2

I decided against talking to Roman, I still had things to do, I needed to stay focused, but to my surprise Paul never tried to hand me the phone after I came out of the bathroom. I sat down next to him on the couch his face slightly pale as he looked at me once he hung up.

"I don't want to know what he said right now, I want to focus on this," I said staring at the TV nervously as Ricochet and Braun Strowman made their way out to the ring.

"This is it; you know if Jey doesn't come out for this match, it's all over," Paul said.

"Don't say that, this isn't it, as far as I'm concerned this is just the beginning," I stated trying to also convince myself with my words. The Usos music hit and Jimmy walked out alone. He tries to stay hyped up like nothing's happening but I could see the stress in his eyes. Everyone stood in the ring and with no sign of Jey. 'Come on Jey, come on,' I repeated in my head as Samantha announced the match and introduced Ricochet and Braun Strowman. She looked to Jimmy hesitant before saying,

"And defending the tag team titles on his own...," she said then Jimmy grabbed her arm and pointing up into the crowd. The camera changed angels and standing up in the entrance of one of the sections was Jey.

"Yes!" I shouted so happy, looking to Paul whose eyes stayed glued to the TV. I moved to the middle of the floor sitting on my knees looking up watching Jey make his way down to the ring. I felt my heart tighten. When Jey got in the ring and him and Jimmy hugged a tear slid down my cheek, in both relief and happiness. The match got underway and I held my breath the whole time. It was a great match, a lot of close calls, but in the end, Jey came through and got the pin. Once I heard the bell ring I jumped up.

"I'm going to go meet them," I told Paul.

"Security will follow you," he said.

"Whatever," I answered rushing out of the room and sure enough I took security by surprise when I flung open the door. I quickly raced down the hallway and they were hot on my tail. Before I got to gorilla, I was asked to do an interview. I clearly didn't have a choice so I agreed.

"I'm now joined by the Smackdown Women's Champion, Briar Wild. Briar just moments ago we saw the Uso's reunite and win to retain their tag titles, are you at all surprised?" Kayla Braxton asked.

"Surprised Kayla? No way, I never had a doubt about it. The two most important things to Jey are his family and the tag titles, no way was he going to let both those things go at the same time, all because of Sami Zayn," I stated feeling the sour taste in my mouth from saying Sami's name out loud.

"Speaking of Sami Zayn, earlier tonight the two of you had a very interesting encounter, where you even came out to Roman Reigns entrance music, and after an exchange of words Sami kissed you what can you tell us about that?" she asked and I felt the anger building again. I paused for a second nodding my head then looked directly into the camera.

"In a desperate attempt to weasel your way out of a conversation where you knew the truth was too much to take Sami you made a very dangerous decision. You talk about the downfall and the end of The Bloodline. I guarantee in your hometown of Montreal at Elimination Chamber your entire country will be talking about the end of you," I said with so much intensity and rage.

"One more question, at Elimination Chamber you've challenged Shanya Baszler, do you think given all the current circumstances you're in, that choosing to face her was a good idea?"