Chapter 74

SmackDown 3/31/23

One Final Statement

Getting to the arena for Friday Night SmackDown was a familiar feeling but it also felt bigger, more intense, more hectic then any RAW or SmackDown I'd done before. Maybe it was because Roman's family was here and I had Linda. Maybe it was because I was going to be in the biggest match of my life at WrestleMania in just over Twenty-four hours. Maybe it was because this was going to be a Bloodline filled episode of Smackdown. Jimmy and Jey were going to start the show with Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. I was going to be in the middle of the show face to face with Rhea Ripley. Then Roman and Paul were going to end the show face to face with Cody Rhodes. Solo job was to keep all of us under control.

Linda was like a little kid the whole time sticking to my side, looking around everywhere at everything and everyone, trying to read all the signs that directed people where they needed to go.

"I don't know if I could ever get used to this," she said.

"That's what I thought when I started and it took me some time, I did have a few moments I wasn't sure I could get use to the constant on the go, but now I don't hardly notice. It's normal to us," I told her.

"That it is," Roman said his hands on my shoulders as we headed for the locker room. We got ourselves settled in and I didn't have much time to get lost in my head as Linda was asking me a thousand questions. Before I knew it an hour hand passed and I stood up from the couch and looking to Solo.

"You coming?" I asked.

"That a question?" he asked back.

"Guess not," I replied then looked to Linda. "I'm going to hair and makeup you want to come?"

"Jules and Deb doing that?" she asked.

"Like I'd let anyone else," I told her.

"Let's go," she said standing up going to the door, Solo following to keep up with her.

"I guess we'll be back," I said to Roman and then went over to my bag and pulled the black zip up hoodie out of my bag the exact same one I used when I made my debut to SmackDown and took out Rhea.

"Why you taking that?" he asked.

"To conceal my look until showtime," I told him.

"What look's that?" Jey asked.

"Guess you'll have to wait until I come back to find out," I told Jey and Roman raised his eyebrow at me in curiosity.

"See you in a bit Chief," I said then raced out the door to catch up with Solo and Linda. I sat down in the chair at hair and makeup, they got Linda a chair to sit near us and Solo as always on watch.

"I'm not going with my usual look," I told them and they looked surprised. "It's WrestleMania weekend, I'm not talking something big or crazy we'll save that for tomorrow. I just want to go a little different," I told them then explained my idea. Forty minutes later I was getting out of the chair zipping up the jacket and carefully placing the hoodie on my head.

"This is so cool, you get to do stuff like this," Linda said.

"Roman does know your going through the crowd yet again?" Solo asked.

"It's not like I'm coming down through one of the sections. I'm doing a run in," I replied.

"That didn't answer the question," Solo remarked.