You have trouble sleeping

Pairing: Taylor Swift x (female) reader
Warnings: sleep paralysis
Requested: Yes|NO

***

In the dimly lit tour bus of Taylor's home on the road, you sat alone, your eyes heavy with exhaustion.

Taylor had been away for another show in what felt like an eternity, and you couldn't help but worry about her. The nights were often the hardest, as the silence of the bus seemed to amplify your anxieties. You hated being by yourself, but you hadn't been feeling well and did as Taylor suggested, which was to wait behind for her on the tour bus to get some rest and she would be back soon.

How long was soon?

With Taylor, it was different timing each time and having to wait rather than to be there with her was something you hated.

However, your health and wellbeing was Taylor's priority, always. So when she made the suggestion that you rest during this show, you couldn't say no. Taylor was one of those who you could never say no to, even if you have tried.

As the hours passed, fatigue finally caught up with you. You drifted off to sleep, but it was a restless slumber. You had suffered from sleep paralysis for as long as you could remember, and it was a terrifying experience. In the midst of a particularly vivid and terrifying episode, you tried to call out for Taylor but no sound escaped your lips. Unbeknownst to you, Taylor's show had concluded, and she was making her way back to your shared bed. The tension and unease of that show had left her eager to see a familiar face.

As she entered the dimly lit room, she was taken aback by the sight before her. You lay on the bed, your eyes wide with fear, but your body frozen. Taylor had never seen you like this before. Panic gripped her, and she rushed to your side, her soft hand reaching out to gently touch your cheek.

"Are you alright?" Taylor's voice was filled with concern, something you rarely heard from her.

Slowly, your body began to respond, and you gasped for air, finally breaking free from the nightmarish grip of sleep paralysis. You turned to Taylor, her heart pounding, and explained what had just happened.

Taylor Swift was a woman known for her fearlessness and power of words and strength, felt a pang of helplessness. She had never been made aware of your struggles with sleep paralysis, and the idea of you suffering alone in the dark of your dark bedroom terrified her. She pulled you into a tight embrace, determined to protect you from the darkness, both real and imagined.

From that night on, Taylor made it a point to be there for you when you needed her, especially during those dreaded episodes.

She understood that her strength didn't just come from her willingness to stand by her side but from her ability to face your own fears, with her as your  shield against the nightmares that haunted her.

***
Requests are open!!!