She gets manipulative towards you

(Requested)

~~~
Taylor may not like this, but she was really giving you no choice.

Lately, you've noticed a change in her, and it wasn't for the better. It was getting worse and you feel as though she has taken it a little too far this time. The thing is, Taylor sat you down the other night, telling you she had something very important she wanted to talk to you about. At first, you thought she was going to end things between you, and you got a little scared to hear what she had to say.

But you sat back and listened. You were genuinely shocked to find out it was more about the friends you had than it was about the two of you. Taylor confesses to you that she didn't like the people you hung out with when you weren't together, and that she'd prefer you stay away from them and cut all ties and communication with any of them or with anyone else she may not approve of. This was totally unfair, the people you had been friends with, had been friends since high school. You even knew them all before you even knew Taylor.

None of this makes sense, Taylor seemed to not have a problem with them before. You don't get it and you need to understand what brought her to this.

"Why would you even ask me that?"

"I just.. I don't think they're the best influence on you is all. I don't like it when you're with them, or when you bring them over here. Especially when I'm not home."

You scoff.

"That's it? Really?"

"Basically."

"Taylor, I don't understand. You didn't seem to have a problem with them before. In case you've forgotten, I've known them since high school and long before I even met you. What's going on?"

Taylor suddenly comes up with a false explanation.

"(Y/n), I didn't want to have to tell you this, but, while you have been too busy to notice, a couple of them have been trying to break us apart. They don't want us to be together. What kind of friends are they really if that's how they feel about us being together?"

Taylor was trying to manipulate you into ending your friendships, sometimes you wonder how stupid does she think you really are.

This wasn't the first time she's tried something like this. However, due to past experiences, you've learned that it's just best to agree with Taylor before things escalate into an explosive argument. So you reluctantly agree with her and promise her you would no longer have anything more to do with your friends. Or at least, that's what you would let her think. As you promise her this, only you know it's a promise you don't intend on keeping. When it comes to hanging out with your friends, you do so on a low profile. Most of the time you do so when Taylor is out of the house and you act as you've never left the house when she returns from a long day of work.

You wish things didn't have to resort to you on having to sneak out just to see friends. You wished so badly that Taylor could see it your way and allow you to hang out with an eased mind. Taylor trusts you, it's just the people around you she doesn't trust. But broken trust is approaching, and you don't see it coming until it's too late. After Taylor leaves the house one day for the studio, you get ready to go and have lunch with your friends. As you were, you were trying to decide if you should tell them of the recent drama going on between you and Taylor, but ultimately, decided against it. Knowing they had a right to know what was going on, you felt slightly guilty of this choice in not telling them, so you decided to shift the decision a little bit.

You were shifting it in a way where it works for everyone. The plan would be to tell them when you were ready. Because all of you were having a great time hanging out together, you lost track of time and got home later than you set yourself for. You thought because Taylor was still at the studio, everything would be just fine as long as you acted natural, but fate had other plans. Plans that weren't so kind. Once you pulled into the driveway, your blood ran cold the second you spot Taylor's car in the driveway.

"Dammit." you muttered.

You had no idea that she had gotten off early, you didn't receive anything from her letting you know.

Therefore, you would certainly be busted. Making your way inside, you couldn't help but feel a little nervous to go in as you try to scramble a story together that would make sense of your whereabouts. Taylor was in the kitchen, seated at the table waiting for your return. When you did, she avoided looking over your way completely until something was said.

"Taylor..." you began.

Taylor cuts you off, obviously furious.

"Where were you? Don't lie to me! Do you know how long I've been waiting here without you?"

"I'm sorry-"

"I don't want your apology. I want an explanation. Who were you with?"

"W-what?" you were stunned by her sudden change of question.

"You heard me loud and clear. Who were you with?"

You sighed, knowing the best thing to do would be to be honest the first time.

"I was with the girls."

Taylor shook her head in disappointment, covering her face and that's when you get angry. You did the last thing you wanted to do and that was get into a confrontation with Taylor.

"You can't keep me away from my friends, Taylor. I'm sorry about sneaking out on you like this, but I'm not going to destroy the friendships I have just because you say I should."

That's when it occurred to you that maybe Taylor had a true reason for this after all.

It somehow registered in your mind that she was feeling jealous anytime you're without her, even if it is with your friends. Without another word from Taylor, you speak up again.

"You don't have to feel jealous, Tay. You know I would never do anything to hurt you."

Something in those words had Taylor to really think about her actions before realizing how unfair she was being towards you. You don't deserve this.

Taylor begins to do everything in her power to make things right, starting off by apologizing and asking for forgiveness. She knew she was in the wrong for asking you to stop being friends, to end the friendships you had. You were absolutely right, she knows that and knows she has hurt you deeply. Taylor never felt more ashamed than she does now and immediately regrets her actions. Although she may not deserve forgiveness, or for you to accept her lame apology, you do anyway.

How could you not?

Taylor was yours after all and you weren't just about to lose her.

~~~
Requests are open!!!
sallyos_