The locket owner

chapter 11

No one's pov

Same as other days today was tiring and exhausting. After the classes it doesn't feel like doing anything. But he have to. Though he's tired, his body
begging him to let it rest and sleep for a while. He was in a car heading to the company to meet his mother. She will leave in 3 hour for a business trip. So she wanted to hand him some work and let him experience.

But for some reason he was sad. Though he's the one who wanted it,
still....

He wants his mother to encourage him, direct him, advice him, nag him and...scold him. He feels like his mother don't care about him. Whatever he does she just praise him.
She let him do anything he wants.
She says 'yes' to him about everything. She never said 'no'.... ever since he started school. He understands she's busy, but how could she be this positive? or ... she just don't care.
He feels distant from his own mother.
He used to get upset when he was in primary school, seeing other kids with their mother talking about their days and play with them. How they gives kisses on their cheek & head.
He only had his dad and grandparents by his side that time. He was seeking for attention from his mother. But she would just pat him and smile like a robot. She still does.

He was now looking outside of the car window. Spacing out. His phone buzzed as it got some notification.
He looked and saw his mom sent a message. He opened the massage.

Mom

"Summer, don't go
to the company now.
I'm at home. Let's meet
at some restaurant. It's been
long we had some personal
conversation."

"I've sent u the address."
seen//

Summer felt happy. Even if it's just a massage but it means a lot to him.

.     .     .     .     .

Time skip

He's been waiting for almost 30 minutes. But his mother didn't come yet. He's getting impatient.  He was looking at his phone when a waiter approached him. Asked what he would like to order. He ordered a hot black coffee, thinking it might help reduce his headache.

The waiter placed his order after a while. He thanked him as he took the cup. But the waiter didn't go, he was still standing there staring at him.
He noticed that stare and looked at the waiter.

"is something wrong?"

"....."

"excuse me?"

"ah- um, sorry sir!..I didn't mean to!"

"ok then, leave "

"Sir.. can I ask u something if u don't mind..?"

Summer was surprised at how bold the waiter was to say it like that! I mean come on it's a big restaurant and the waiter wasn't supposed to be this bold with a person like him who looks like to avoid people.

"go on..."

"Sir.. I suppose u visited this place earlier...?"

"um yes..why?"

"Sir, as I remember that day I was the one at u'r service.."

Summer gave him a confused look as if he's saying 'So?'.

"well...I was wanting to say .. that day u asked if anyone lost their things... and yes actually and the owner contacted us about that."

"......."

"Sir, if u have the locket I hope u to return it to it's owner.." the waiter bowed.

"Ok, call the owner"