Tracking

Skià pov

After night fell I talked to Rikuo and in his anger he turned into his yokai form. He looks very similar to his father and his grandfather. He gathered the night parade and I led him to the rats. The fog surrounded us as we walked to the streets.

When we arrived at their compound I allowed Rikuo and his demons to take the front and I simply watched the gate.

When they had disposed of the rats they came out and we returned to the manor. I was about to sleep when I got a message from Nico. He says that he is out of camp to with his cousin Percy. They are visiting Percy's mom in New York and he was wondering if I could go meet up with them.

I think about it for a second to make sure that I have nothing to do before texting him that I will be there in a moment. I figure that I can visit my brother as well when I am there. I get my stuff together and shadow travel right outside the address he gave me and coincidentally right in front of Nico and his cousin.

"Bambino!" I say as Nico runs up to give me a hug.

"Mamma. I missed you." He says in Italian.

"I missed you too Bambino." I respond in Italian as I hug him, gently petting his hair. "Now I can not confirm how long I will be here. I am rather busy but you have me for the whole day at least."

"Okay, mamma."

"Am I the only one here that doesn't know what is going on?" The boy who must be Percy says.

Nico turns around abruptly. He must have forgotten that his cousin was here. "Percy. This is my um." He looks at me for permission and I just shrug as I am sure that he has heard weirder.

"He is your brother isn't he." We both look at him in confusion.

"What?"

"Well he used the shadow thing that children of Hades can use so he must be your younger brother." I can see his reasoning but it doesn't make him any less wrong.

"It is not from being a child of Hades." I say amused at the confusion that pops up on his face.

"I get the power over shadows from my mother." Nico adds.

"But isn't your mother human? And also dead. Also how does that work with Hades other children? Wait so how are you related then?"

I put up a barrier so no one can hear what we are saying before turning rather serious. "I will tell you but first you have to swear on the river styx that you won't share these secrets."

He looks alarmed briefly before turning to look me straight in the eyes. " I, Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon, swear on the river styx that I will not share the secrets that I hear from these two." I can feel the magic click before I sigh and start to explain.

"Well as for how we are related, I am his mother."

"But your younger than him and Nico said you were killed by Zeus!"

"I was killed by Zeus, multiple times actually, he doesn't seem to like me. Anyway this also has to do with why most of Hades children have shadow powers. So basically I come back every time I die and most of Hades children are mine."

He just paused for a moment before nodding. "That makes sense."

"It does?"

"Mostly, I have heard weirder. It's not like you said wizards are real and they have their own society."

"I mean that is true to."

"Really?" Percy says with excitement in his eyes. "Is it like the stories with Merlin or maybe Harry Potter. No wait they are controlled by demons aren't they?!"

"Well actually all of the ones you labeled are real kinds of magic and there are many more. But step back there are books about Harry Potter?"

"Yes! I have the whole set in my house I can show you." He starts to drag me and Nico into the building so I drop the barrier and let myself get dragged.