Mermaids

Skià pov

We land and head to the house that I bought as I am not sure how long this investigation is going to take and also I like it here. We set all the basic things up and head to bed for the night, tomorrow we will have a look around. I had my dad take care of Aelynn for the night as it is a full moon but I told him it was because I needed a few hours of extra sleep and he agreed.

When morning came around we were both up with sun. We eat, get dressed and head out to the town. We decide  to take a walk along the pier and see a boy fall into the water dad of course hands me Aelynn and dives in after him. He has always had a bit of a hero complex.

When he pulls the boy up for air he calls me over. "What is the problem?" I say as I walk over.

"Do you know anything about this?" He points down at the boy and I see that he has a tail. Well then. The boy snaps out of his shock and looks down before starting to panic.

"I do infact have some information on this. Just dry him off and let's go to a cafe to talk."

He got dried off and he takes us to a restaurant where apparently he friends already are. He takes us to his table and we sit down as he introduces us to his friend and girlfriend.

We order some food and set Aelynn up so she is eating as well before I turn to the boy. "Are you sure that you want them to know as well?"

"Of course. I trust them with my life."

"Alright. So first I have to ask you if you were on Mako Island last night."

"We were." The boy says pointing to his friend.

"Alright, did anything strange happen?"

"Well there was a glowing cave and I remember going inside but nothing after that. Then I woke up on the beach."

"You really went into a strange glowing cave without thinking about how it did not belong?" I say to him as that was a very questionable decision.

"Yes?" He says clearly unsure.

"Well, your a merman. Likely you fell into the pool on the island that has magic on the full moon. It has happened before."

"It has?"

"Yes, a little less than ten years ago but none of the people live here anymore. They moved away or did not live here in the first place."

"How do you know?"

"I know the girls." I say with a shrug not admitting that I fell in as well. "Now if you need any help with your powers that are going to develop I can help you as they told me everything that they learned."

"Thank you." I notice some girls in the water and they are clearly not human so I excuse myself for a moment and walk to an area where they can talk to me.

"How do you know about mer people?" One of them asks me rather roughly.

"As I said people have been turned into mermaids here before." One of them throws some water at me and I deflect it.

"You also fell into the pool didn't you."

"Perhaps, but I can control water and have been able to long before I ever came here."

"Weird." One of the other mermaids says.

"Now what do you want from me? You clearly wanted my attention."

"We have just never seen a land person who knows about us."

"Well then. I already explained how I know so I will be going. Oh and I will be teaching the boy about his powers." I start to walk away when they call me back.

"Wait!"

"What?"

"We are supposed to fix him not train him."

"Well there is really no way to fix it to my knowledge and I know people that give tried." They look at me in disappointment and I just head back to my dad.

After we are done eating I give my number to the boy that I now know is Zac and we head out to do more exploring. We decide to go to the aquarium next as they are said to have a very big one.

The aquarium was very interesting and had some creatures that I had not seen in quite a while. After the aquarium we went back to the house and started getting it set up before talking to our new neighbors. We gave them some baked goods and introduced ourselves as we will probably be here for a while as I am training Zac.

The neighbor that interested me the most is Rita. She is a teacher at the local highschool and her aura reads that she is a mermaid. I wonder why she is on land as she seems like she was not turned into a mermaid but born that way.

I got called by Zac early the next morning as he had a dilemma. He does life guard duty every Saturday and he cannot be seen turning into a merman. I agreed to come and quickly headed to the beach. Dad did not want to go out today so he stayed home with Aelynn.

I meet Zac at the beach and he looks very worried. "I can't get out of this but I also can't do it." He says clearly slightly panicking.

"I can keep you dry in the water but you need to make sure that when you get out no one notices as you will be dry."

"You can do that?"

"Yes, I have some abilities." I say vaguely. He simply nods and gets to work.

He only has to go into the water once or twice so all is well. When I leave and start to head back to the house I run into the mermaids except now they have legs.