Diamonds

Skià pov

I decided to go on one more trip before returning back to my usual life so the doctor took us to a planet called midnight. It is said to be made of diamonds and to be one of the best resort planets in the universe. We all needed a break after the recent events so we thought it would make a good local for this break. Donna decided to stay at the resort but me and the doctor decided to go on ride to a waterfall made of sapphires. 

The doctor tried one last time to convince Donna to go and then we got on to the travel truck. the attendant gives us many complementary items before we leave and I look around at all of the people in the car. I notice one looks quite like merlin perhaps one of his decedents after he gets Arthur back.

I get comfortable in my seat and the attendant goes over safety protocols before we head out. She turns on several sources of entertainment all at the same time and it is much to loud and bright so I quickly take my sonic out of the shadows and turn it all off. A few people groan at that but everyone else seems happy for it to be over. 

"I am sorry it seems that the entertainment system has failed."

"So now we are stuck with four hours of just sitting here?"  

"How about we talk to each other?"

Many miles later they are all talking other than me, the teen that looks like Merlin and a women at the front but I am just enjoying reading a book. Every once and a while they switch who is telling stories but it goes on like that for quite a while. Even at one point the doctor talks to the lady at the front. 

The only time I look up is to see the presentation about the planet that the professor on board with us made.  It was rather interesting and included a bit of questions to the history of the planet and what life it could possibly hold. As he was talking the ship abruptly stopped leaving the people around us concerned. Jethro the teen seems rather amused though. The doctor checks the front with the drivers and finds out that nothing is wrong but the car has stopped. We are in a new area and the driver thought that he saw a shadow so he had me check if I could feel anything out there that is alive. I feel around and simply nod in response, something is alive out there but I don't recognize the soul type. "Something is alive out there." I say. No one noticed our conversation at all though because everyone was to busy panicking.

Eventually they get too loud and the doctor stands up. "Quiet!" He yells to get everyone's attention. "Now if you would care to listen to my good friend Deedee." She quickly gives the floor over to her where she explains things about the air filtration system. The calm silence from the explanation does not last however because the life form has approached the cabin and is banging on the outside of the vehicle. 

"The soul is right outside." I whisper in the doctors ear and he nods while the rest of them look either at the sound in panic or at us in confusion. 

"What was that?" Someone asks. And many answers are proposed though none hold up as the sound continues. I know something is out there however I cannot give them that information because they either would not believe me or they would panic. "There is nothing out there, there can't be." The professor on the ship says when people say that something is knocking on the ship.

People start to yell at each other about it and so they don't notice when the knocking stops. I do though so I approach the door to see what is going on. But before I can get to the door the knocking starts to follow one of the people until they get to the door and then it stops again right as the power increases before the lights explode leaving us in the dark. The people around me focus on the flashlights but I am more worried about the person that now has two souls in their body. I know it is not a demon but I can't help but notice how close it feels to a demonic possession. "Hey pretty boy. We have a problem." I say to him without taking my eyes off her.

"What?"

"There is one too many lifeforms in that body over there." I whisper in his ear when he gets close enough as I don't want the others to panic more. 

The doctor moves away from me slightly in disbelief before turning to her as well. "What did he whisper? what is the problem?!" One of the other passengers yells in a panic clearly my plan didn't work as well as I thought it would. 

"Things are okay. I am concerned about her though." I say pointing at the body of the woman that now has one too many souls. It makes me uncomfortable because it just feels wrong for so much to be in one place. I can hear people moving around me they seem to be getting closer to her. "Lets stay at a distance for now as to not make her anymore panicked."

"Alright." I hear one of the women say before hearing people move away. The doctor starts to get closer and I simply shake my head and place my hand in front of him before approaching her myself. I cannot be possessed by anything due to all the creatures in my body so It is safest for me of all the people to approach.

When I get close enough I stop. "Are you okay?" The people in the vehicle seem to think I am the one approaching because I am the least threatening as I changed back to my normal child form the moment the tainted shadows agreed to the deal.

My thoughts are cut off however because the lady turns to face me with the human clearly not in control. I let out a shaky breath, I hate possession.