Talks

Skià pov

We take the boat over to the island and he has us set up a small camp by the place that he says opens. We have to sit and wait for the moon to rise for it to open apparently. "I hope you do not mind wolves." I say and Percy simply looks at me and nods while Zac looks very confused. "Also whatever happens here is not to be discussed with anyone else."

"I, Percy Jackson, swear on the river styx that I will not reveal what happens on this island tonight."

"Thank you Percy."

"I promise I won't tell anyone." Zac says I'm confusion. I use a little magic to insure that that statement stays true.

When the moon rises the rocks start to glow in the shape of a door and I shift into my wolf form. "So that was what you meant, I thought maybe you were going to call some wolves or something." Percy says calmly to me while Zac is mildly panicking.

Percy however gets Zac's attention back on the door as he walks in the moment it fully opens. Something inside seems to pull him in. Zac walks right up the a marking of a trident on the wall and touches it. The wall opens to reveal a portal of water. Zac jumps in and Percy follows quickly after.

Soon enough Percy returns with a trident in his hand and a confused Zac following him. I guess the pull stopped when Percy picked it up. "My father has been looking for this for years."

"Oh, well that is good. What is it for?" I am sure it is strange that my voice is disembodied but it is the only way other than speaking straight into their that I can use right now.

"It was made for the half blood prince of Atlantis as the person who made it said that it would fit the princes power."

I giggle a bit at the half blood prince part as it reminds me of Severus. "So what you are saying is it is yours."

"Yes."

"So what is its name?"

"κύμα."

"So wave, fitting."

"Yeah. I guess we better get going. I now have to figure out why Zac was drawn to it." I give a wolfy nod and we head out of the cave.

When we get to the beach we see the girls get out of the water the only problem is they have their tails. Me and Percy already know of course but Zac does not. Also they were playing stupid and pretend that they did not know anything when talking to him. "You're mermaids?!" He yells. "You knew what happened to me didn't you?!"

"Zac wait we can explain."

"Leave it. I am going home." It was already about two in the morning so I am sure that everyone here is quite tired. Zac and Percy climb into the boat and I hop in as well. The boat starts up and we head back to the main land. The girls watched as we rode away.

Percy snuck both me and the trident into the house and made sure to check on Aelynn on the way to my room. I slipped into my bed and thought about how many conversations were going to take place tomorrow.

I woke up in the morning and realized that I was the first one awake. I quickly go to Aelynn's room as she will wake up for a feeding soon. She is almost six months old so she doesn't really wake up as often to eat anymore.

She wakes up soon after I enter her room so I change her, dress her and pick her up before heading to the kitchen. I set her in her high chair before getting her a bottle and a container of baby food that I made.

I walk over and feed her before giving her her bottle and adjust my pdm before starting on my own food. I make a simple English breakfast before summoning a glass of blood and sitting down. Aelynn is sitting quietly as she drinks her bottle and I look over every once and a while as I eat.

When I am finished eating the door rings. I pick up Aelynn and answer it to reveal Zac, his friend and his girlfriend. "What can I do for you?"

"We need to talk to the girls. We do not know where they live though. We thought you might know."

"I do. Are you going to be reasonable?" Zac looks a bit miffed but nods anyway. "Alright, wait here I will get them." I quickly get dad out of the gym and have him take Aelynn. Then I go to Rita's house and request them. They come out and I take them over to my house.

When I get back I notice that everyone in the house is up. Opon my return everyone except for Percy shuffles out as clearly we are going to have quite the conversation and they do not want to deal with it. Honestly I do not really want to either. I sit down at the table. Zac and his people sat on one side of me and the girls sat on the other. Me and Percy were separating them from each other.

"Now we are going to have a proper conversation and if any of you get loud enough to disturb the others I will kick you all out." They all look at me before nodding. "Now talk to each other." I say before sitting back.

"Why were you keeping the fact you are mermaids a secret? You already knew that I was a merman."

"It is against the rules. We could get into really big trouble. We already got into a lot of trouble with you turning into a merman anyway. Our pod, our family, they left us because of that."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know. But still if I was also a merperson couldn't you have talked to me?" The girls all look at Percy.

"I mean I don't know about your pods rules but in the general rules for merperson it would not be a problem as he is one now as well."

"Why are you asking him?" Cam, Zac's friend asks. They look between Percy and me so I look at Percy to ask for premission and he nods so I answer.

"You could say that his dad is in charge of merpeople."

"Is that what you meant when you said that it was his when he talked about the Trident belonging to a prince."

"Yes, though he is not the heir as he is a bastard." All of them except for Percy seemed slightly surprised by my wording but that is the correct term for this. "He is here to see if they are well behaved enough to join the main group of merpeople."

"So he knew too?"

"We all did but there are rules in place for all of them but me as technically I should not know about these things in the first place."

"I guess I understand." Zac says. His friends nod and the girls look relieved. They talk for a bit longer before all of them leave in much better views of each other.