Leak

Skià pov

We have had several more run-ins with the yokai that seems to think that Rikuo is his biggest foe. Including once when they tried to attack the manor. They did not succeed though because of the wards that I set up years ago that blocks anyone who has bad intentions for the clan.

They also tried to attack the local deities but I made sure to protect them as well. Their shrines were destroyed however leaving them unhoused. I made some of the clan members rebuild their shrines bringing the deities and the clan closer together.

The stronger clan members have been put in charge of guarding the different parts of the city. Humans must be protected from the knowledge of Yokai as that will make my life harder. Rikuo's friends have been moved into the manor to be kept safe as well.

In the last few days secrets and plans have been leaked to the yokai we are fighting. It is clearly by someone high up but not old enough to know much about me. I decided to investigate it and it led me to a bar run by the Nekos in the clan. I change my appearance to something unassuming and let out just enough of my aura to be read as non human before entering.

Inside I see many customers and many staff so there are many options for who is leaking the information and who is gathering it from them. I carefully scan the area for yokai that don't belong to the clan and go from there.

I eliminate any yokai that are not talking to anyone or are only talking to other yokai that don't belong to the clan. Leaving just a few. That is when I notice a female yokai talking to a very drunk high level member of the clan, one that I am not very familiar with as he is definitely much younger than many of the high level members. I get a table close to them and order a cup of sake.

I carefully listen to their conversations and over hear things that confirm my thoughts. "And the person that the supreme commander left a human in charge can you believe that?" The member of our clan says to her and she smiles menacingly before quickly covering it and checking that no one saw. I make sure that she doesn't suspect me and knock the member of our clan out in a way that makes it seem like he passed out drunk before leaving.