New Creatures

Skià pov

Hope managed to get Landon out of the cell by saying that she will watch him. As they seem to only detect the three very specific types of creatures we likely will not be able to prove that he is not human with any of the tests they may have at their disposal. I may have to call in some help.

"He is not human you know." I say to the headmaster.

"How did you come to that conclusion?"

"I can smell it. However he doesn't smell like anything that is here."

"But there aren't any other types of supernatural creatures." I burst out in laughter briefly before composing myself.

"Do you truly believe that?"

"Yeah. I have never met any others."

"But you have. Landon." I say before pausing. Revealing myself to him would actually be helpful at this point. "And me."

"But you're a werewolf."

"No I am a different type of wolf human hybrid. I have complete control of my wolf and can shift whenever I want."

"I am not sure that I believe you."

"Well you have some sort of test do you not?"

"We have a blood test."

"Give it to both me and Landon. You will see that we will both read negative for your types of creatures."

"Alright I will get it set up. But if it comes back negative how are you going to prove that you two are supernatural and that it was not just a false read for you?"

"I also have a blood test and it is much more broad."

"Fine. You and Landon are to stay with Hope until we finish with the tests and confirm whether you are supernatural or not."

"Alright. Hope, do you want to fight? It has been a while since I had a proper match."

"Hope, do it, it will be good practice for you."

"Fine." We walk out to a platform and Landon stands off to the side. We get in formation and rules are laid out. Only a bo staff is allowed to be used, no powers other than enhanced physical abilities and if you are pinned down for over three minutes or you fall off the platform you lose.  I loosen my powers so I have my proper physical abilities. I roll my shoulders and wait for her to make the first move.

She comes right for me. Clearly she has never fought with someone at her power level or higher because she seems to be relying on brute force instead of proper form. I parry her and walk around to her back. I hit her back with enough force that she falls over but not enough to really hurt her.

She quickly gets up and heads towards me again. We do this back and forth for a while before I decide to finally end it as the headmaster is headed this way. She lunges at me with her staff and I grab it and pull her towards me. She falls to the floor and I use my strength to keep her there. "How? No one has ever beat me before."

"I can tell. You have terrible form, you only rely on your speed and strength and you throw yourself around. You clearly have not been trained by someone above you in power level or cared to properly train at all." She nods begrudgingly. "Now I believe the tests are ready?" I say turning to the headmaster.

"Yes, follow me."

He takes us to his office and inside there are some viles and a lady. "All you have to do is put some of your blood into the potion and it will tell us if you have any magic in your blood." I turn my bracket into it's dagger form and cut a small place on my finger and quickly drip my blood into the vile before allowing it to close up.

I wipe the dagger before handing it to Landon who does the same. We wait for a moment and nothing happens. "It shows that you have no magic in your blood. Even most humans have a small amount from an ancestor."

"I have seen him use magic!" Hope exclaims in surprise.

"As I said it is not the same magic as the kind that you all search for so it will not be picked up by your magical tests."

"You said you have a test."

"Yes, I just have to get a few copies from a friend." I write a quick letter to Jareth asking for two creature inheritance forms. I send it using fae magic and wait for him to respond. He does not really like the phone I gave him so I mostly send letters.

He appears with a baby in his arms and multiple sheets of paper in his hand. The baby is clearly a new born and she seems to be a creature of some sort. "What is this Jareth?"

"Well she was wished away and she is a creature so I cannot turn her into a goblin so I was unsure what to do with her. But then you sent me a letter so I thought I would give her to you."

"What is she?"

"A human griffin. I even bought the blood adoption forms."

"You do realize I am a child right?"

"It is fine just make yourself an adult when you adopt him in the human world."

"Fine. You brought the papers I asked for right?"

"Of course." He hands me the paper and sits down in the corner with the baby as he cannot leave until I sign the adoption papers or he has to take the baby with him. I hand Landon one of the creature papers and keep one to myself I prick my finger and let a few drops of blood fall onto the paper. The blood starts turning into words that spread across the paper.

Landon quickly follows my lead and his own paper soon has words as well. "Take into consideration that these only list non human creatures and magical beings." The people in the room nod. My list is quite long and I don't feel like sharing all of it so I tear off the bottom and the top so it only shows wolf blood, vampire and wizard.

"What did you do?"

"Do you really think that I am about to give you all of my secrets?"

They grumble. "I need to know for the safety of the school." The headmaster says.

"Do not worry I will not cause any trouble. It would be more dangerous for you to know everything." I grab Landon's form and read it over. "Human Phoenix. Interesting, I have never run into one of those. Jareth?"

"They disappeared thousands of years ago and humans forgot about them for some reason."

"Hm. Well anyway, as you can see we are both creatures even if we are not your normal kind."

"Fine, Landon you can dorm with your brother. And you can have your own room." I just realized that he does not know my name.

"My name is Alex by the way."

"Well Alex, Landon welcome to the school. You two start classes tomorrow so you should head to bed. Your rooms will have your names on the door." Landon nods and leaves