Plane

Skià pov

"Agent Gallow, I am Rowan Moore one of the passengers on one of the planes that are unable to land due to the error in the code."

"How?" I cut him off before he can finish the question.

"As for how I know about the whole thing, I noticed that something was wrong so I hacked into LAX just like your people."

"You shouldn't be able to do that."

"Why not? It wasn't even hard. Now for my question what is your current plan to get these planes down?"

"I have a team of geniuses working on it right now."

"Well now you have another, tell me if there is anything I can do to help you?"

"The current plan is to get the backup of the old software and use it to reset the system to remove the corrupted data."

"Good, that would be the easiest way fix the problem, you can contact me on the number if you need help from the plane."

"I will keep that in mind." I nod to myself before hanging up and calmly returning to my seat. I have a sinking feeling that I will get another call soon.

Sure enough I was right and about twenty minutes later I get another call. I slip on headphones to insure that no one hears what is being said on the other side of the call and pick it up. At the same time I get a call from Reid. "Hold on one second." I say to the agent before I answer the call from Reid. "Yes?"

"I was told to call you because of a plane problem at LAX. They want you to work on the case from where ever you are."

"I am already on it as I noticed the problem myself as I am on one of the planes right now. I am in contact with the homeland team that is currently on the case."

"Alright, don't forget that you can always leave if something goes wrong."

"It won't come to that, now I have to talk to homeland so I will call you back when I am safe on the ground."

"Okay." I quickly hang up and switch to my other phone.

"Tell me the situation."

"The file that was the only one we had to replace the faulty one was corrupted. We are overwhelmed and currently out of ideas over here."

"Okay so all you need is a uncorrupted version of the data."

"And how do you recommend we get that?"

I ponder for a moment before coming up with an answer. " From one of the planes. My plane left after the update so I can't get it for you but I am sure your team can figure out how to get that but I will stay on the line in case you need anything."

"Alright." He puts his phone on hold and I set mine in my lap. About three minutes later he picks up again. "We have a plane that we are in contact with for the data but no way to get it. Do you have any ideas?"

"If you keep safety in mind that eliminates most of them but I have a couple. First if the plane gets close enough you can pick it up directly from the plane or second, we can communicate between my plane and the other ones so I can get the files and email them to you."

"How would you suggest we do this?"

"Get me in contact with the other plane I will get to the cockpit quickly."

"Alright." He doesn't put me on hold but he seems to be talking to someone on a different phone or radio. I get up and walk up to one of the flight attendants.

I hold up my id for my current identity and tell her to take me up to the pilots. She seems a bit sceptical but leads me anyway.