Ghost Boys

Skià pov

The problem starts however when I sense a ghost appear upstairs. I look up for a moment before getting up out of my seat and heading to where it is. My uncles follow me and we make our way upstairs where we find one of the fans along with the ghost of a little boy. This likely means that the story they told for the fake hunt is actually true.

"Help us." The boy says.

"How can we help you?" Say gently to him and he looks at me.

"You have to stop her. She keeps us here."

"Alright, we will see what we can do."

"Please. Save us."

"We will." I say firmly. He seems to believe me and a small smile appears on his face before a force suddenly pulls him away. Something doesn't feel quite right about this however so we have to be careful about how we proceed.

"Holy mother of crap." The fan says. I forgot he was here. "That was awesome." I roll my eyes and head back downstairs because there is nothing we can really do until night falls and they really start to interact with the living world.

"Something is off about all this so be careful."

"What do you mean?" Dean asks.

"That little boy's spirit didn't seem as innocent as it should be if the story of this place told the truth."

"Okay beware of the ghost boy." Dean says seemingly mildly annoyed. Probably because this hunt is not as simple as it seemed.

When it is fully dark outside I feel a surge of energy in the attic so we head up there. The door was locked but it was really easy to pick. We look around and the room is full of old furniture. I notice that the man from earlier is following us with is friend but I don't think that they will try and get in the way.

I feel the boy appear again so I tell my uncles to keep looking up here while I go check it out. I find the two fans and they are opening the back of a painting that has a bunch of bloody hand prints on it. "You might want to be careful. You don't understand what you are dealing with."

"And you do?"

"As a matter a fact I do."

"So what are we dealing with?"

"A few angry ghosts and one that is keeping them in check."

"This is part of the game isn't it."

"Only if you consider real life a game. Those books you love have more truth than you could possibly imagine."

"Wait so your saying that ghost is real?!"

"Yes and it is not as innocent as it is trying to play. I would hazard a guess that he is one of the real dangers here and not the teacher."

"But she is the one who killed them."

"Perhaps but that does not nessarly mean that she didn't have a reason. What did he say to you?"

"He said, help us, she won't let us have any fun and then pointed at the picture when we asked where the bones are."

"So they want her gone so they can do whatever they want to do. This could be very bad." I run a hand across my face and then take the picture from them. When I open it it reveals an old map of the grounds. "Are you sure you actually want to be a part of this? You will be in actual danger."

"Yes! It's our dream." One of them says while the other doesn't seem as sure but goes with it any way.

"Be careful what you wish for." I look over the map while walking up to the attic to gather my uncles. It shows a cemetery on the map so that is likely where they are all buried but we need to be extra careful that we burn the woman's bones last.

We arrive at the attic and call my uncles out. We all take a look at the map and everyone agrees that we should go to the cemetery.

We walk over to where the map is showing the cemetery and I am swiftly loosing my patience with these fans. Before we head in to find the bones I turn around and look straight at them. "Okay you need to stop pretending to be Sam and Dean this is not a game and those stories are based on a real timeline that could have happened but didn't. Sam and Dean are real people but not like the story so cut it out or I will make you both leave and believe me I can."

That sufficiently shut them up so we finish the walk into the area and try to find all the bones. Thankfully Sam called the historical society while we were walking over so we have the names. We locate all five of the graves and start digging them up. Once we get to the bones the boys appear and start to attack us before the teacher and me get a hold on them.

"Burn the bones quickly. I think I have some understanding of what happened but leave the woman's bones for a bit so I can talk to her." My uncles nod and start to drench the bodies in salt and gas while the fans look rather alarmed.

"So you weren't kidding when you said they were real." One of them says looking at everything in horror.

"No, I wasn't. I would never warn people of danger that didn't exist." I say as I feel the boy I am holding scratch at me causing blood to stain my clothes and drip across my skin. The moment the flames take ahold of them I let them go and they disintegrate.

I turn to the woman. "Why did you kill them?"

"They killed my son. They said it was fun. I was scared."

"Well now they can't hurt anyone anymore."

"Thank you." She says before disappearing likely to join her son.

We rebury the bones and head back into the hotel. My uncles and the fans get drinks and I summon some more blood this time mixed with wine. I can safely say that the fans won't ever want to even fake hunt after this.

I never did end up getting my books signed but it does not really matter. The moment we leave Dean corners me. "Tell me how you know the French god of death."

"Well I know the French goddess of death because I met her around ten lives ago and we decided to make a deal for companionship throughout time."

"Oh. That's boring. Why didn't you just tell me."

"Because where's the fun in that."