Fight 2.

John Dorys pov:

Me, Floyd, clay and branch were playing with Rhonda inside. Honestly I couldn't fit Rhonda through the front door so she ran through the wall. Branch was pretty pissed about that, I had to pay him back to fix it. Rhonda was jumping around in the living room knocking us all over. The roof crumbled with her feet.

"Rhonda stop it girl!" I laughed.

Rhonda licked clay in the face, leaving glittery sparkles all over him. I was pushed a little back by Rhonda. Floyd then went to the kitchen and grabbed something, I couldn't quite see it. My vision had just gotten worse over the years, I was old now. Floyd handed me my glasses! They were glued back together with a piece of shard missing.

"Sorry we couldn't find all the pieces, I'm pretty sure it's in branch's hand." Floyd laughed.

"Not funny." Branch scoffed.

Branch was so sassy. I put my glasses on and smiled, it was great I had them back they really complimented the outfit. I was pushed back my Rhonda again, then I felt a piercing pain in my foot. I looked down and well... I definitely found the missing piece of glass. The glass ripped right into my foot.

"Ah! Fuck!" I groaned clutching my knees.

I bent down and pulled the shard out of my foot and tossing it away. My foot wasn't super bloody, a tiny wound at best.

"Are you alright?" Clay questioned worried.

Rhonda gave a little sad sound when I got hurt.

"I found the missing shard! Did you guys not fucken look?" I growled.

I basically snapped at my brothers, I felt my temper rising. I was so angry in this moment I couldn't think straight.

"We're trying bro!" Clay yelled back.

Clay always got on my nerves. A fight was definitely about to start.

"Maybe you should try harder! You're an idiot." I insulted him.

Branch's eyes went soft, he looked hurt. Branch had a lot of trauma fighting. I understood why though I mean branch probably thinks there's gonna be a time where we all abandon each other again. That wasn't the case, at least not this time. Branch covered his face and left the scene slamming his door.

"Great John Dory! You upset him." Clay frowned

"I- can we not fight I'm sorry..." I sniffled.

I felt upset in this moment, I didn't know why I was always the one to cause fights. Clay and Floyd's eyes widened, so did Rhonda's. Clay didn't expect me to apologise.

"Yeah sure bro, we aren't fighting just a disagreement." Floyd smiled.

"I just, I'm not an angry troll. Sometimes I can't control it and I get so mad my temper makes me loose it. And I don't like when we fight I just.. I'm not a violent guy... I don't know why I yell." I let it all out.

I felt my eyes go watery but I instantly wiped it. I didn't like to cry in-front of my brothers, I was the oldest. And I'm a grown man. I should be a role model. Floyd hugged me tightly and I smiled, Clay joined the hugged as-well.

"That's a lot to take in." Floyd giggled.

"I understand John Dory, I have my own book club. We talk about this kind of stuff at sessions." Clay explained.

"I just blow off a lot of steam..." I chuckled.

I looked to branch's door, I was gonna go apologise but Floyd stopped me.

"Leave him." Floyd responded sharply.

"What if he... alright man." I agreed.

Rhonda let out a happy groan and I patted her head. I lean out little comment like 'who's a good girl!' Or 'my princess' in a baby voice to Rhonda.

"This is the closest you'll ever get to a love life John Dory." Clay laughed.

"Don't start with me again, Rhonda is my baby!" I replied harshly before calming myself down.

25 minutes later

Branch eventually came out of his room, Floyd mumbled 'told you so' into my ear. All 3 of us were on the couch and branch sat next to us. He looked pretty pale, like he was sick. I was oblivious to how I was basically starring at him. Then my eyes shifted to his wrists. They were a dark purple, probably bruised. I actually wasn't gonna mention anything but Clay spoke up.

"Branch? What's with the bruises" Clay questioned.

"Oh this guy just grabbed me before and wouldn't let go... and he kinda grabbed at me when I said stop." Branch just said like it was normal! That was brutal.

"Who touched you?!" Floyd gasped.

"Nobody it's not important." Branch scoffed.

Branch was actually acting like being assaulted was normal. He was crazy. Rhonda let out a protective growl.

"I'm gonna fucken kill him." I growled.

I was protective over branch, I worried a lot for him. I mean he has been having a rough year.

"Poppy helped, it's fine now." Branch laughed it off.

Clay leaned in and whispered a 'keeper!' As a joke. I covered his mouth and shook my head in a way that gestured 'not the time'

The bunker started to shake, Rhonda was rolling over like a dog. How cute.

"Atta girl! Who's a pretty princess!" I clapped for Rhonda.

My brothers gave me a weird stare. Oh I loved Rhonda a lot.

"John dory Rhonda needs to go outside! She's breaking the house." Floyd yelled.

Rhonda gave Floyd a mean look and slowly left the bunker in the massive hole she came in with.

"Bro did you see that look?" Floyd laughed.

Clays phone dinged. Actually his phone was dinging the whole day. I wasn't paying too much attention to it. But it dinged like 3 times in a row.

"Who's texting ya?" I giggled.

"Viva, she wants to make milkshakes." Clay scoffed.

"And your ignoring her?" Floyd questioned.

"No, I we made milkshakes twice this morning. I don't need to make anymore haha, I sent her a message saying no already. She's begging me." Clay laughed.

"Someone's in love!" Branch said in his usual sassy tone.

"Shut up branch your in love too!"  Clay snapped back.

"Not denying it!" Branch put his hands up and laughed.

I was happy we were getting along. In the beginning I wanted the perfect family, so we could hit the perfect harmony. But I realise now that my family is already perfect. Floyds phone dinged this time.

"Again? You got a Secret girlfriend? Too?" I coughed.

"Nah, to many fan girls for that. it's Bruce face timing. Come in guys" Floyd gestured for us to come in frame.

We called Bruce for about ten minutes, he was super busy for work and taking care of the kids. Bruce was showing us why people don't order the clams, and I can't even explain it. G-r-o-s-s!