Vacay island

Branch's pov:

It had been a whole week since I destroyed my room, I've been watching my diet ever since. I had been skipping food every 2 days and only eating dinner the other 5. I've noticed a pretty big change in my body, I felt pretty weak but it was manageable. I was out at vacation island with all 5 of my brothers. We were gathered around a plate of nachos, sharing it.

"These taste great dude" Clay clapped.

"It was brandy's cooking!" Bruce laughed.

This was a wholesome moment, me and my brothers had agreed every second week we would all meet up and hang out. This week we decided Bruce's place.

"Gonna have some branch?" Floyd questioned.

"No not me, you guys can though." I coughed

"This isn't because your starving yourself is it?" Floyd crossed his arms.

"Why would you even say that?" I growled.

"Branch I was a kid too, I know what it's like. I'm not stupid." Floyd raised his eyebrow.

"I'm not a kid..." I groaned

"Then what is it?" Floyd questioned again.

Floyd was annoyingly smart. I had to think of a quick lie, I couldn't just admit to 'starving myself' that's basically a form of self harm. And that would ruin everyone's day.

"I'm allergic to dairy...?" I quickly lied

"Oh I didn't know that? Sorry branch" Floyd laughed.

John Dory shoved a bunch of nachos in his mouth, Floyd also grabbed a few chips.

"These would go killer with a burger." Bruce laughed.

Clay jumped a little at the sound of 'burger' it looked like it freaked him out.

"Sorry I'm still not used to trusting the Bergen's" Clay laughed.

I yawned and stretched my arms, it was so early.

"Tired?" Floyd asked

"No." I groaned.

I didn't know why I was in such a bad mood, I was always in a bad mood. I kicked my feet underneath the table trying to distract myself. This was gonna be a good day! I lied to myself.

"You still haven't regained your colour yet? You alright?" Clay asked me.

He was right, I hadn't been as bright and colourful since my little rage freak out. But I honestly didn't plan to spend the whole day venting.

"Just feeling a little depressed." I groaned, I gave the vibe of 'let's end this topic'

And my brothers took the hint. You know how Bruce is the 'heart throb' or Clay is the 'fun one' I used to be the 'baby' but now all I feel like is the 'depression one'. 

"Wanna go for a swim?!" Bruce cheered, he changed the mood quickly

"Yeah let's go!" John Dory clapped

John Dory ran over to the pool and did a giant canon ball, he splashed water everywhere. Bruce was going to jump into the pool but one of his kids ran up to him screaming 'daddy daddy daddy!' Apparently his kid just wanted 20$ for the arcade. I cant believe I'm a uncle, its completely bizarre. I should really try to remember my nephew and nieces names.

"Coming for a swim branch?" Floyd pulled on my arm.

"I- alright..." I whined.

I hadn't swam in ages, i was never taught to swim. I was pretty much self taught. I stepped into the water as Floyd jumped in. Everyone went into the deep end so I followed clinging onto the Wall the whole time. I had to at least pretend I could swim.

"John dory's stop!" Clay yelled splashing water at John Dory.

John Dory grabbed clays head and dunked it under the water spitting water onto his face.

"Branch what are you doing?" Bruce questioned

"I was never taught how to swim...." I spoke embarrassed

"It's fine I'll come relax with you." Floyd smiled while my brothers continued to swim.

I sat up out of the pool with my feet still in the water. Floyd came and sat next to me his feet also in the water. He leaned back taking in the sunlight, Floyd was always so peaceful. Even thought he was traumatised he just let it go? Floyd let all his anger go... like Floyd told me the other day he forgave velvet and veneer. I wish I could let things go but i held shit like that in my heart tightly.

"Got a lot on your mind?" Floyd asked me.

"Yeah, life isn't the brightest right now." I groaned.

"I know, but I'm here for you branch." Floyd comforted me.

I put my head in my hands and let out a sad exhausted sigh. I felt a little useless right now.

"Want to talk about it?" Floyd smiled.

I looked up actually contemplating his request, I would like to talk about it.

"I just.. some times I feel like relapsing..." I admitted ashamed.

"In cutting?" Floyd asked worried.

I turned my head away and gave a small 'mhm' Floyd tapped me on my shoulder and handed my a tiny black rubber band.

"What's this for?" I questioned

"If you ever feel like hurting yourself just flick the band against your wrist." Floyd said putting the rubber band onto my wrist.

"And that will work?" I asked pretty surprised

"No hurt in trying it?" Floyd laughed.

I hugged Floyd before turned back to the pool. In a quick flash John Dory splashed a huge wave of water onto me. I flicked the water off my face giving a angry expression. Floyd just rolled back dying in laughter.

"John dory!" I screamed.

"Oops!" John Dory laughed.

I looked at Floyd in anger and then I had a lightbulb turn on in my mind. I gave Floyd a little wink and he gave me a wink back. We both nodded at the same time.

"Why are you guys winking?" John Dory laughed a little scared.

Then Floyd done onto John Dory in the pool and pulled him underneath the water. I just sat back laughing. Hilarious!

"You guys tricked me!" John Dory coughed up water throwing Floyd off him.

Floyd got out of the water and shook his hair out, it dried perfectly sitting perfectly. I wish my hair always stayed like that. I always spend hours on my hair. Then I got a quick message from poppy, I opened it instantly.

'Hey branch, me and viva are coming to vacay island to hang out! See you there'

As I read that text I practically jumped in joy, I was excited to see poppy. I missed her so much.

About ten minutes later poppy and viva burst through the door and ran in. Viva dove into the swimming pool hugging clay. I just knew they would be a couple in the future. It reminded me of me and poppy. Poppy came and sat on the edge next to me and Floyd, she gave me a quick kiss with it.

"Branch why are you so close to the water?" Poppy giggled.

"Whys that poppy?" Floyd questioned.

"Branch hates swimming!" Poppy laughed.

I just sat there with my arms crossed huffing.

"Branch why didn't you say so! Let's go do something else!" Floyd giggled.

"Photo booth?" I offered

And perfectly in sync or should I say 'nsync' poppy and Floyd yelled "yes!"