Rage

Poppys pov:

I was hanging out with branch today, singing songs and eating rainbow Cotten candy! The day had ended and we ended up at that same cake shop. I bought an entire cake this time, it was a purple pink sparkly cake. I set it down on a nearby bench and table, branch sitting next to me.

"Looks really good." Branch clapped.

Branch was practically drooling over this cake, I don't think he ate all day so he deserved a little meal. Branch leaned his hand forward and grabbed a slice of cake and took a tiny baby bite.

"Woah slow down fatty! Leave some for the rest of us!" I joked

This was a harmless joke, branch took the tiniest bite ever, nobody could even notice. I looked back up to branch, I expected him to be laughing but his face was quite the opposite. Branch had this angry/ hurt expression displayed on his face. I think he took my joke to heart.

"Sorry..." branch put the piece of cake back.

"Oh branch I was only kidding with you!" I punched him in the shoulder lightly.

The whole vibe was ruined now, I didn't mean for this to go this way. I packed up the cake and put it in a take away bag and lifted branch up, he failed to even look at me. I felt awful and I knew the times when branch needed space.

"I'm sorry branch, did I ruin the day-" I was interrupted

" no no! It's fine I forgive you" branch said softly.

Branch pulled me in for a hug and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, he was quite the romantic. I let out a flustered giggle and backed away. Branch still looked like he needed space, and I was gonna give him anything he needed.

"Want me to walk you home darling?" I offered

"No no, I'll get home fine okay?" Branch chuckled

"Text me when your home safe okay?" I pleaded, i always needed that extra bit of comfort and recurrence to feel okay.

Branch nodded and walked off. I got home safely waving to everyone who passed me on the walk home. I laid back in my giant princess bed and rolled over checking my phone. No text from branch yet, I should remind him. 'Hey branch text me if you're okay!' And I sent the message. Then I got an instant reply back saying 'I'm safe, love you' reading that text gave me butterflies. I'm so happy to know branch was safe and happy! I thought my little joke might of upset him.

Branch's pov:

I smashed my phone into the wall, flipping my bed over in anger. 'Fatty!' Looped my head multiple times it drove me crazy. Did Poppy find me fat? Was I too over weight! What if Poppy fell out of love because my looks weren't good enough. I mean Poppy was queen! Her expectations had to be high. I punched a hole in the wall, the skin ripping on my fist. Floyd instantly opened the door and gasped

"Branch what are you doing!" Floyd yelled.

I was making so much noise it was bound for one of my brothers to notice. I picked up my desk and smashed it in the wall, the room literally crumbling. Floyd ran up to me holding me back from destroying anymore furniture.

"Fat! She said I was fat!" I yelled, tearing up.

"You're not fat branch! Poppy wouldn't have said that!" Floyd comforted me.

I pushed Floyd off me in an aggressive way, not trying to hurt him too much. I slammed my fist into my lamp, the light shattering, shards flying everywhere. My heart was more shattered than this lamp right now. Tears practically running down my face like a waterfall.

"She called me fat!" I cried

Floyd came back onto me and hugged me tightly, this wasn't helping right now! I didn't need to be close to anyone.

"Branch you are not fat." Floyd growled.

"I'm so insecure about my weight! I- I am getting fat." I sobbed loudly.

"Insecure? Why didn't you tell us!" Floyd gripped on me.

I pushed Floyd off again, my emotions were all over the place, I pushed out of the room and into the bathroom, John Dory was inside the bathroom brushing his hair in the mirror. I budged John Dory out of the way and looked at myself in the mirror, I felt even more upset. Fat! I insulted myself over and over in my head

"I told you, I'm huge!" I yelled.

"Branch your not fat!" Floyd yelled back

John Dory was confused why his 'hair brushing time' was interrupted. He stood back shocked before wanting to intervene

"Woah what's going on!" John Dory questioned

I grabbed my gut and moved it around in the mirror, Poppy probably was insecure even being around me.

"John dory explain to branch he's not fat!" Floyd yelled at John Dory

"Branch bud, you're not fat man" John Dory scoffed, clearly over it.

"Hey I have a great idea! We should go to a rage room!" Floyd clapped his hands.

Did Floyd think this was rage! Oh this was much more than simple rage.

"That would make me feel worse!" I growled

"Sorry sorry!" Floyd apologised.

"Branch look, you have a great body. Don't ever feel ashamed of yourself." John Dory tried to comfort me.

"That sounds like a quote you found of Pinterest ! " I coughed.

I stormed out into the living room and sat back onto the couch. The couch was my new comfort place. My brothers followed me into the living room and starred at me.

"Your a real piece of work branch, one second your fine next second your sad or angry! Pick an emotion." John Dory growled

"Not helping John." Floyd hushed John Dory.

I huffed and ignored them. I wasn't in the mood for talking.

"John dory come help me clean his room, it's quite the mess." Floyd motioned to John Dory

"It can't be that bad." John Dory rolled his eyes.

"Trust me it is." Floyd scoffed.

John Dory and Floyd left the room and into my bedroom. I was pissed off at the moment, I just wanted to push everyone away. I looked down at my painful hand, my colour faded. Did this little comment affect me so seriously? I never wanted to be called that again, maybe I can skip a few dinners. Just to get my body back on track. I stumbled my way into my room, Floyd and John Dory were fixing up the broken lamp.

"Sorry for my outburst it was wrong." I apologised

"It's fine branchy- your colour..." Floyd gasped

"I can't help it... i-" I cut myself off on purpose

I had no words to explain this. Last time my colour faded it was when grandma died or I died! So this was a serious topic right now.

"Do you need a hug?" John Dory offered.

"Yes please." I begged