Chapter 129

Spade sat in the car, he could see Nate and his sister in the coffee shop from through the window, but he knew they couldn't see him.
He hadn't seen any heartfelt thing from either of them, he was wondering how their talk was going, he understood sibling relationship and issues enough to know that whatever they were talking about definitely wasn't leading to them making up.

His mind drifted to his own issues he had with Matteo, he still didn't know how to go about it with the blonde.
Matteo wasn't picking his calls or responding to any of his texts.
Since the whole incident, the blonde had stayed true to his words and stayed away from Spade.

Whoever sent that letter to Matteo, Spade was sure it had something to do with mystery man, like Stefano said they were cornering him, and now they wanted to take the biggest defense he had against any threat.

He may be the devil but Matteo was the real reason he was untouchable.
The blonde was literally his backbone.
He was the only one he trusted with his life and now they were turning Matteo against him.

He knew he was in the wrong for not telling Matteo about what happened to their mother but he couldn't, how could he possibly even say something like that

He was never supposed to see it that day, and he regretted seeing it, and worse he hated himself for holding on to that awful memory.

He couldn't possibly tell Matteo that he had watched Greg rape their mother and the result of that rape was Matteo, the blonde would blame himself for everything that had gone down after, he couldn't have that.

Regardless of the fact that he hated Greg with passion, Matteo was still his brother and he loved the blonde to no end, if it came down to it, he could sacrifice himself for the blonde, actually he had one time.

He sighed out as his eyes met with the man in the driver seat through the mirror in front, he was the one Matteo stationed here to watch Nate's sister.

He turned to look at them again and this time he could see the way Nate's sister had a look of annoyance, probably anger on her face.
Her lips was tilted in somewhat disgust.
He didn't know what they were talking about but he didn't want anything that would hurt Nate

Left to him, he wouldn't have let Nate come here at all.
She ran away, it was her choice and not that he blamed her for it, but it was best if it was left that way.
But he couldn't stop Nate from seeing his sister.

The ringing of his phone brought him back from what he was thinking, he fished out his phone from his pocket and looked at the screen, his heart leaped out of his chest when he saw the caller ID.

He picked it quickly and placed it on his ear, hearing the slow breathing of Matteo in the other side if the phone
"Matteo" he called out

"Spade, you need to get to warehouse" Matteo's voice was hard and void of any emotions, it kind of broke Spade's heart but he had to put up a strong font, he would find a way to talk to Matteo.

"I'm not close by, what's up"? He asked, trying to act cool and calm.
He heard shuffling on the other side, 'maybe we should just go and leave him behind'

He scrunched his brows, that sounded like Stefano
"There's something here for you, you need to get here" he heard shuffling again "cut it out Stefano" Matteo grumbled out.

Spade clenched his jaw, he didn't like how grumpy and angry Matteo was sounding, and if Stefano truly was there then he better get there
"I'll be there as fast as I can" he rushed out, he was about to say something when Matteo cut the call, he brought the phone down and looked at the black screen.
He sighed out and stepped out of the car.