Chapter 134

After explaining everything that happened to Matteo, including the part where he caught the man that shot him, Spade had decided that he would go talk to the man and find out who sent him.
Of course Matteo had finished eating by now, Spade didn't leave out the part where Stefano had insisted on spending the night by Matteo's bed and watching over him.

It didn't really mean anything to Matteo, he didn't want the man around him that much, since the night of the auction, he had somehow started feeling weird whenever they were at a close proximity to each other and he didn't like it one bit.

What happened that night wasn't really clear to him, but he remembered bits and pieces of it and it wasn't really something he liked.
If not for the deal they had, he definitely would have cut all ties with Stefano completely.

What happened that night was something he never wanted to repeat itself, hence why he was keeping his distance from Stefano.

There was a knock on the door and Stefano walked in, he wasn't looking bright eyed like usual but the moment his eyes came in contact with Matteo, he smiled, the blonde quickly looked away from him, what he would give to have Stefano stay away from him.

That didn't stop the man from advancing towards him and giving him a light tap on his shoulder
"It's good to see you up Matteo, I was beginning to think I'd have to find someone else to replace you" he muttered the last part out, obviously as a joke but Matteo was suddenly wishing that were true.

Spade was now less hostile towards Stefano, after seeing how the man had gotten and took care of Matteo the previous night, he didn't really think it was necessary to be hard on him again.

Matteo's just shrugged Stefano's hand on his shoulder off.
Stefano should feel bad about all this but he couldn't really blame the blonde.
"Hi Spade" Stefano said, shifting his attention on Spade who just grunted out a reply before he got up about leaving, Matteo's voice stopped him.

"Are you going now"? He asked and Spade just nodded, Stefano looked at both of them quizzically

"Going where"? He asked

"None of your business Stefano" Matteo snapped, making Stefano to chuckle out lightly

"You know, for someone who saved your life you seemed to be very grateful" he spoke, sarcasm dripping off his tone, Matteo just rolled his eyes, resisting the urge to report back to the man.

"I'm going to question the man I took from the building yesterday" Spade muttered already getting tired of their argument

Stefano just mouthed an 'o' before he took a step towards the door, stopping halfway turning to look back
"What are you waiting for let's go" Stefano muttered and Spade just cocked his brows as if Stefano was talking what he didn't understand

He didn't want to argue with Stefano but Matteo had other plans, getting up too "you're not going anywhere Stefano, get the fuck out of here" Matteo spat out glaring at Stefano as he limped towards Spade

Stefano was the first to stop him "whoa whoa, princess hold on, where do you think you're going"? He asked placing his hand on Matteo's chest, the blonde swatted his hand away

"Where you're not welcomed, get the fuck out of my way" he gritted out, this time it was Spade turn to talk

"He's right Matteo, I don't think you're in good shape to be going anywhere" Spade muttered out and Matteo groaned out, not this again.
"I'll update you whatever I find out" Spade persuaded and Matteo narrowed his eyes at both of them, before he sighed out

"Fine" he gritted out before he limped back to the bed and plopped down on it, defeated.

Now it was left to Stefano and Spade to go interrogate the man, he walked out first and Stefano followed him, they walked through the compound and into the huge mansion meant for Spade's men, it was still early and most of his men were still in the house.