Not Complaining

Marshall Lee POV

I haven't been happier in my life in such a long time. I floated through the midnight sky. Taking a path that was now so very familiar. I flew above the candy people's homes and and made my way to the Prince's Castle. I flew down and quietly took a step onto the balcony. I then started making my way in. I looked over to the pink bed. A small lump of a body was formed beneath the covers. I watched as the sheets

softly rose up and down. He must be sleeping... I sighed and sat at the edge of his bed.

"Mmmm".

I jumped at the sound and quickly turned around to see Bubba tossing and turning. I laughed as I saw his face. He makes such stern faces even when he sleeps. I carefully made sure not to wake him up as I hovered over him. I gently laid right beside him. I smiled as I lifted up the small flop of hair that covered his face. He twitched a little.

"W-why....di-i-" Bubba mumbled.

I raised an eyebrow as he started mumbling words.

"Marshall....ch- ch-".

I watched as Gumball started panicking. Whats going on? The pace of his breathing started to quicken. Is he having a.... nightmare?

"No...no". Small beads of sweat started to form. I quickly grabbed his shoulders and pulled him up towards me. I tried to wake him.

"Gumball? Gumball, wake up" I said.He wouldn't budge.

"Why? Ch-"

"Bubba! Wake up" I said once more. He gasped and his eyes opened.

"Marshall! W-what are y-you doing here!?" he asked.

"It doesn't matter" I paused," were you having a nightmare?".

"I guess, you can say that" he sighed, he brought his head down.

I lifted his chin up and leaned in. He jumped back in surprise but soon responded. I gently laid him back down on the bed and got on top of him. I felt him snake his arm over my neck. He kept perfect sync with me. I pulled away and slowly made my way down from his ear to his neck.

"M-marshall?" Bubba asked, breaking the silence.

"Hmm?".

"We can't be doing this" I heard him whisper. I stopped and looked up at him.

"And why not? I don't see you complaining" I said.

"Mar-nngh". I made a quick bite to his neck.

"See?" I smirked and continued.