The Fall (Part 3 of 5)

Gumball blinked a few times. All this time.... it never happened like he thought it did. All those years.

"W-what about you trying to take over the land of Aaa? and my kingdom?" Gumball asked, bringing his sword down.

"What the lump are you talking about!? Who said I was I was going to do that?" Marshall said.

"You sent someone... to see if we had any weapons to catch us off guard... she told me.... you were just using me...she told me you never loved me".

"She? I never sent anyone Gumball! You have to believe me" Marshall begged to him.Though he was quite confused. Who was the Prince speaking about? What person would tell him such lies. He had no idea, although he hoped Gumball could see pass what he heard and listen to the real truth. Mashall Lee ran a hand through his hair before he continued to speak.

"Your people and mine are dying out there. Lets stop this war!"He said, " who came to you and said I never loved you!?".

Marshall took a few steps forward.

"Marshall I-i" Gumball's eyes went wide. Did he believe Marshall? He slowly started to walk slowly over him. His mouth hanged open a little. He could taste the copper.

'One more hug' flashed through Gumball's head as he came closer. This sight brought happiness to Marshall, knowing what was to come.He  opened his arms.

'one more hug'.

He fell into Marshall's hug. Marshall quickly pulled his arm around him.Gumball smiled to himself. He could feel Marshall put his hand under Bubba's chin. He slowly lifted his head up to give him a kiss. Though he would not give him the kiss. Marshall felt his world stop as he saw the blood trickled down the Prince's chin.

'No...... This can't be...' Marshall pulled Gumball a bit closer, just enough to look at the back of him. There, so clear was a dagger in his back. So deep inside him. It went straight to his heart......

His heart.

"Gumball!??" He screamed aloud.

From afar, Flame Prince could hear the scream of Gumball's name. He quickly set his opponent to flames before looking up to see that the Prince was down. Everyone froze and stopped fighting. Looking at the tallest hill where the two were together. It was quiet. 'No' He started running. Marshall panicked, looking back down Gumball's face, "I'm going to pull this out.. okay? You're going to be alright. It's going to hurt".

Gumball cried out in pain as Marshall pulled it out."I'm sorry" Marshall quickly said. He threw the dagger across. He looked at his hand. His hand that was covered in Gumball's blood. Glob, no... The vampire closed his eyes, trying to erase the memory. His eyes shot back open as he heard a lovely voice.

"You're bleeding...."Gumball spoke quietly as he noticed the blood slipping through the bandage of Marshall's arm even more. Remembering how he slashed Marshall's arm out of anger, "I'm sorry..."

"If you're really sorry, then you'll stay with me and we can end this stupid war. We can go back to the Candy Kingdom and you can fix it!" Marshall held Gumball closer to him. Not daring to let him go,

"Com'on Bubs... haha, you'll be okay. You still have the rest of your whole life ahead of you. You're life we can spend together". Marshall closed his eyes tightly. He was on the verge of tears.

"Just you and me. Sounds good, d-doesn't it??".

"Heh....y-eah...." he let out a small laugh,"just you... and.. me" Gumball said softly. He continued on. "M-marshall...I'm sorry.... I didn't.... didn't believe you. I-..." Gumball took in a gasp of air, more blood ran from his mouth, "I l-lo-".

No matter how badly Gumbal; tried, He would never finished his sentence....

Tears rolled down Marshall's face as he felt his lover's body went limp. No.... Marshall's eye's widened as he grabbed Gumball's face.

"No... Bubba... no! You can't leave" Marshall smashed his lips onto Gumball's.

Nothing.

"GLOB DANGIT, KISS BACK BUBBA!".