Chapter 40:

It took hours before I finally made it to Hogwarts. I knew the war had already started when I was a mile away because I could see smoke and the colors of different spells lighting up the dark sky. I had Buckbeak land about half a mile away from Hogwarts so I wouldn't be shot down with spells. Once we were landed, I jumped off of Buckbeak and turned to face him.

I pet his feathers and said, "if I need anything I'll just whistle. I need to help, so just stay out of trouble."

I wasn't sure if he could understand me but he squawked at me and flew away, so I took that as an 'okay'. I took a deep breath and started walking towards Hogwarts. I was in the back of Hogwarts and I could see the Black Lake gleaming to the left of me and the backs doors were wide open. There wasn't a lot of people in the back and no one noticed me as I sneaked into the back. It was madness in there. There were hundreds if not thousands of witches and wizards all dueling with deatheaters. Spells were being thrown all around me and it was all very disorienting. I looked around for any familiar faces but it was hard to pinpoint faces.

Then in the corner of my eye I saw a flash of red. I turned around to see Cece and Reyna. A smile broke across my face; I hadn't seen them in over a year. I was about to call out their name when I saw them get surrounded. About eight or ten deatheaters surrounded them and started throwing random curses at them. With them so outnumbered they could do little to protect themselves. Even though they were across the room from me I could hear their screams of pain. Fear spread through me then anger. How dare they surround Cece and Reyna like that and not give them a fair fight. How dare they hurt them and laugh about it.

Rage overtook me and the edge of my vision turned red. Then I felt my body start to change. Orange fur started to grow on my skin, my nails grew into claws and my body started to grow. I fell to my knees in pain as my body started to shape itself into something else. I took fast and sharp breaths as I felt myself grow three times larger than normal. Then when it stopped I breathed out but it was a growl. I tried to talk but it came out as a mighty roar. My eyes were sharper than normal and I could feel everyone around me as they stared at me with fear. I had no idea what was going on but then my eyes focused on Reyna and Cece who were being tortured and for that moment I didn't care.

I roared and sprinted towards them, moving faster than I thought was possible on my now four legs. The deatheaters who had surrounded my friends turned to see me bounding towards them and they stared at me with shock. I used their shock to my advantage and I pounced. My long claws dug into the chest of two of the guys at the same time then I pounced on the next guys. I bit and clawed at what ever I could get a hold of then when they were all taken care of, I turned to my friends. They both stared at me with tears in their eyes and a look of horror on their face. I tried to say 'it's okay, it's just me' but it came out in a series of growls and Reyna and Cece huddled together in fear.

I looked down at my paws that were covered in blood I could taste blood on my tongue. I couldn't think straight, a burst of anger had turned me into this and I didn't know how to change back. I became scared and I didn't mean to but I roared and Reyna and Cece started shaking with fear. I felt a spell hit my neck and I turned to the person who did it and growled. It was actually two people and I realized it was Lupin and Tonks. Relief washed over me and Lupin and Tonks slowly started to approach me.

"Jen, it's okay. It's Remus and Tonks. We aren't going to hurt you." Lupin was talking to me slowly.

Wait, how did he know it was me? At the moment I didn't really care and I growled at them in response. In this form I felt emotions with a new wave of intensity. I felt things a hundred times stronger than normal and I knew that was dangerous because if they say the wrong thing I might rip them to shreds. Then fear spread through me and I whimpered.