Chapter 12:

It has been three weeks since I overheard Draco and Snape talking and Draco hasn't talked to me since. Even in all the classes we sit next to each other in he hasn't talked to me once, not one word. So not only was it awkward, it's also embarrassing because everyone has noticed and I hear them whisper in the corridors sometimes or at dinner. They say stuff like-Another one of Draco's sluts gone or I knew it wouldn't last, they never do. I've actually overheard one of the Ravenclaw girls say 'It's really embarrassing to think that she's a Ravenclaw and she fell for Malfoy. I mean, seriously, Ravenclaws are supposed to be smart.' I've become the laughing stock in my own house! And I didn't even do anything with Draco other than he kissed me twice. 

As I walked down to dinner I tried not to think about that, and tried to think about happier things. Like in a week it'll be Christmas break and I finally get to meet my dad. That's right; I've never met my dad. I'm almost 17 years old and I haven't met my father. I don't like to think about my past so I shook the thought out of my head and was about to walk into the Great Hall when the doors opened. Draco came out and when he saw me his eyes widened. We stared at each other for the longest moment and I opened my mouth to say something but he just turned away and started walking down the corridor. I quietly sighed and walked into the Great Hall. I started to walk towards the empty seat at the back of the table since it's even awkward to sit next to my friends now when the little Ravenclaw messenger boy, Ralph, ran up to me.

"Miss Taylor! I've got an urgent message to you from Dumbledore." Ralph said, as he came to a stop in front of me.

"Can't it wait-"

"No. Dumbledore needs to see you in his office right now." 

I sighed, so much for having a nice quiet dinner. "Fine. I'll go."

I turned around and walked back out of the Great Hall, leaving behind the wonderful smell of fresh food. Seriously, what could grandfather want that couldn't wait until after dinner? I walked up to the statue that led to Dumbledore's office and said the password. The statue twisted until a staircase appeared. I walked in and up the stairs until I reached the door. I knocked on it and my grandfather's voice rang through it, telling me that I could come in. I opened it and saw he was sitting at his desk.

"Jennifer, dear, have a seat." 

I sat down on the seat in front of his desk and he looked at me with sad eyes. It was the same eyes as when he told me what happened to my mother when I was 6. So I knew it was bad news.

"What is it? Does it have to do with me seeing my dad over Christmas break?" I asked, afraid for the answer.

What if my dad didn't want to see me anymore? What if you changed his mind and doesn't want to be apart of my life anymore? I don't think I can bear that. It hurt to think that my dad was out there when he could have been taking care of me. I want to talk to him and see why he left me. I know it was hard for him when everything happened but it was hard for Dumbledore as well. He had no right-

"Sort of, yes." Dumbledore pulled me out of my thoughts.

I looked up at him and his eyes grew sadder.

"Well what is it?" I asked, hating the suspense. 

Dumbledore sighed. "I don't know how I'm going to say this but...your father was murdered."

"What?" My voice squeaked.

"Jenny, I am terribly sorry. It just happened yesterday. He was out with a few friends and ended up with the wrong crowd and...he was murdered."

"Who was it?" I whispered, tears clouding my vision.

"A few of Voldemort's followers. Jenny, I'm so sorry."

"First he takes my mom and now my dad." I whimpered.

"Jennifer-"

I stood up as the tears escaped my eyes and I tried to wipe them away but them kept coming.

"I-I can't. I've got to go" I managed to say before I sprinted out of the office.

My grandfather called after me but I was no longer listening. I ran all the way down to the Black Lake just as everyone was coming out of the Great Hall. I got a lot of weird looks but I didn't care. Once outside I collapsed next to the tree closest to the Black Lake. Tears ran down my cheeks as I sobbed. I brought my knees up to my chest and sobbed. I hate Voldemort. He killed my mom before I could meet her when I was a baby and now my dad. The reason I didn't meet my dad before was because he was so devastated by my mom's (Dumbledore's daughter) death that he couldn't take care of me so Dumbledore did. Now after all these years he was finally going to meet me and be a part of my life and then Voldemort's minions killed him. I hate Voldemort and all of his stupid Deatheaters. 

Rage took over my sadness and I started punching and kicking at random things. I punched the tree and my knuckles started to bleed but I couldn't feel the pain. I screamed at the top of my lungs and continued to attack the tree like it was Voldemort himself. Then I felt arms grab onto mine and restrain me. I struggled.

"Let go of me you bastard! Or I'll kick your ass! I swear to god-"

The person restraining me shushed me. "You need to calm down and tell me what this tree ever did to you."

I instantly recognized the voice to be none other than Draco Malfoy.

"Why do you care? You've ignored me for the past three damn weeks and now you start to talk to me? You don't give a damn about me so don't you try to pretend you do."

"Jen-"

I pulled out of his grip but didn't turn to look at him. "Don't. You don't know what it's like. After you were done with me I became a laughing stock in my own damn house. I'm now the stupidest Ravenclaw in history. All because I caught your attention. My friends barely talk to me now. Everyone thinks I slept with you and even some of the Ravenclaw girls hid pregnancy tests under my pillow for a joke. And now my dad's dead before I could even meet him and I-I" I couldn't take it anymore, I started to sob again.

I fell to my knees and hid my face in my hands. I felt Draco's arms wrap around me and this time I didn't push him off, it felt good to have the comfort. I cried into Draco's chest as he rubbed his hands up and down my back, soothing me.

"I'm so sorry, Jen. I didn't know everyone would treat you like that. I'm sorry." Draco kissed my head.

"Why are you here?" I asked.

"I couldn't stay away."

"You've stayed away for three weeks, why is it different now?" I whispered.

"It's been so hard...you don't realize...I..."

Suddenly, Draco brought his lips to mine and kissed me. He pulled me close to him and I sat in shock for a moment before realization hit me. I can’t do this; I can’t let Draco take advantage of me again. I pulled away from him and slapped him hard in the face.

“How dare you kiss me when I’m obviously not emotionally stable.” I stood.

“Taylor-”

“Save it, you selfish bastard.”

“Taylor-” Draco tried again but I had turned around already and started walking away.

“Damn it, Jennifer, would you stop walking away from me?” Draco grabbed my arm and turned me around to face him.

“Why shouldn’t I? All you’ve done is complicate and mess up my life. Just leave me the hell alone. I’m done with all this drama.” I growled, pulling my arm out of his grip.

“Taylor-”

But I was already walking away.