Chapter 34:

***Draco's POV***

My feet slammed onto the bridge that overlooked the Black Lake and I had to grab onto the railing not to fall over. My knees were weak and my body was aching but that was the last thing on my mind. How long will did it take for me to get here? How long will it take for Jen to come? I didn't want to leave Jen there, especially when Voldemort wants to make Jen one of his minions.

I shouldn't have left her there alone but then again she was right about that we were wasting time and I know how stubborn she can be. I ran my hands through my hair, a nervous habit I haven't been able to grow out of, and I felt something get stuck in my hair. I pulled my wrist away from my hair and saw I was wearing a bracelet. It was Jen's bracelet! Damn it, I forgot to give that to her. Why is it every time she really needs it she doesn't have it? How had I forgotten to give that to her? I can be really thick sometimes.

As the minutes ticked by and I started to get more and more worried. What if something happened to her? I would never forgive myself if something were to happen to her. After ten minutes of waiting I couldn't take it anymore and I apparated to my house, despite my weak limps.

I fell on my knees on the hard stone of my foyer and puked. It wasn't the smartest idea to apparate in my weak state but I had no other option. I wiped my lips and shakily got to my feet. I looked around the empty house and listened. There wasn't anyone here.

"Jen!" I called, my voice echoing off the walls.

There was no reply. I walked around the house, sometimes having to balance my weight on the walls when my knees buckled, and continued to call Jen's name.

"Is anyone here?" I called.

"Draco?" A voice called back.

My heart leaped with joy but the person who showed herself wasn't Jen.

"Mother, have you seen Jen? Where are the others? Deatheaters? The Order?" I asked as my mom stopped in front of me.

My mother looked me up and down her eyes filled with concern. I probably looked like a wreak. No shirt, puke on my chin, dry blood over most of my skin, tattered jeans, bloodshot eyes, scratches and bruises on my skin. I've had better days.

"Draco, what happened to you?" My mother asked.

"Not important. Where are the rest of the deatheaters? Where's the Order? Did either of them take Jen?"

"Who's Jen?"

"Jennifer Taylor. Granddaughter of Albus Dumbledore. You must have known about her." I said impatiently.

"I knew of her but I didn't know you did."

"It's a long story and frankly there's no time for it. Have you seen her or not?" 

"Well...I thought I saw one of the deatheaters disapparate away with a girl. But I didn't get a good look at her."

"When was this and where?" I asked.

"About ten minutes ago in the foyer."

So they must have taken her. That's where she was at the same time. My vision started getting dark on the edges and I fell to my knees.

"Draco!" My mother exclaimed and knelt down beside me.

"Where are they?" I asked below a whisper.

"Who?"

"The deatheaters! Where are those damned creatures? They've taken the love of my life and I'm not going to let them get away with it. Even if I have to kill every last one of them, bare handed."

"Draco!"

"Don't, mother. You know I'm not one of them and I never was. The only reason I became one of them was because of father. I never believed in his side, Voldemort is insane and I can't let him hurt Jen. I won't. Jen is the one thing in my life I did right. We've gone through hell to be together and I'm not going to give up on her. Even if I have to hunt down every last one of the deatheaters, I will do it. For her."

"Well you might have to do that because I have no idea where any of them went." My mother said. "When the Order showed up they just scattered, who knows where Jen is now."

***Jen's POV***

I groaned and opened my eyes. During the apparation I must have pasted out. My whole body aches, the effects of the Cruciatus curse no doubt. I rubbed my eyes and tried to get my bearings. It seems like I'm in some sort of jail cell.

I was lying on a stone hard bed that had a thin sheet and a flat pillow and to the right of me was a sink and a toilet, all rusty and dirty with age. I was about to reach for my wand when I realized I didn't have it, I wasn't even in my normal clothes. I was wearing a long white gown I have never seen before. I shivered as I thought of somebody undressing me and shook the thought out of my mind. Right now I have to figure out where I am.

"Hello?" I called, walked towards the metal door. "Is anyone out there?"

I heard the sound of locks unlocking and the jiggle of keys before the door opened. I stepped back when I saw it was Voldemort himself. He smirked at my shocked expression.

"Hello, Miss Taylor. Are you ready to get your mark?"

I walked backwards until my back hit the wall. "Stay the hell away from me. I don't want to become one of your mindless minions. You'll have to torture me and kill me before you get that cursed mark on my skin."

"Oh, don't worry, darling. I was expected that. Curio." 

A fell to my knees as intense pains filled my body. A scream rippled through my throat as I clutched myself. When the pain was finally lifted off of me I was in so much pain I couldn't move. I just laid there, with tears running down my cheeks.

"The more you try to defy me the more pain you get. Now you will go without food for three days. And the more you refuse, the more sufferings you get. See you in three days, Miss Taylor."