Chapter 51:

We soon arrived at our mystery destination. It had taken us about six hours to get to wherever we were and according to our captain it was 6 am. Draco and I got off the plane and I looked around, trying to decipher our surroundings, but I still had no idea where we were.

"Now can you tell me where we are?" I whined, pulling on Draco's arm like a small child.

Draco grinned and put his finger on his chin as if thinking about it. "Hmm. I guess I could give you a clue. Benvenuti nella città dell'amore."

"City of love? Well-"

"Wait, you know Italian?" Draco raised an eyebrow.

"One of the four languages I know." I grinned.
"Je parle français. Yo hablo español. Ich spreche Deutsch." 

Draco smiled. "Of course you do. Mia moglie è molto intelligente."

"Damn right she is. Now back to where we are. You said that in Italian so we aren't in France even though technically Paris is the city of love..."

"Okay, well, maybe we're not in the real city of love. But...okay, it sounded a lot better in my head."

I giggled. "Hmm. Are we in Venice?"

"Sì" Draco grinned.

I smiled. "Amo Venezia! E 'una città bella e vibrante ! Non sono stato qui da quando ero un bambino . Mio nonno e io-"

"Whoa, whoa, slow down. I've only been learning Italian for the last couple of months, so I'm not as fast as you are."

I laughed. "Sorry. Once I start speaking in a language, I forgot I am." I kissed him. "Ti amo."

Draco grinned. "I know that one. Ti amo."
"But, wait. Why did it take so long to get here? Venice isn't six hours away from Belgium."

Draco wrapped his arms around my waist. "I may have told the captain to go the extra long way, so we could have a little privacy."

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "You dork." I said then grabbed the collar of his shirt and kissed him. "I'm really glad we're here. Together."

Draco smiled. "Me too."

****

Draco and I decided to walk through Venice before going to our hotel. Draco had someone deliver our bags so we didn't have to worry about them. We had just grabbed a breakfast sandwich and coffee and were out exploring. There weren't many people on the streets and some of the street lights were still on because it wasn't bright enough. We passed an alley when I felt someone grab my arm and press something sharp against my hip.

"Datemi il vostro denaro e si cammina fuori di qui vivo." A voice hissed in my ear.

Draco noticed that I had stopped and turned around to face me. When he saw the man holding my arm he started reaching for his wand. The knife pushed deeper into my skin.
"Spostare e io la ucciderò." The man growled.
I knew Draco had no idea what he was saying so I translated.

"Don't move. It's okay, I got this." I reassured him.

Draco clenched his jaw but he moved his arms to his side.

The man was getting impatient so he dug the knife harder into me and I knew he had broken skin. "Adesso"

I pulled my purse off my shoulder and I felt him relax his hold on me. Using his momentary distraction to my advantage, I grabbed his knife hand and broke his wrist. He called out and dropped his knife. I grabbed his broken wrist and twisted his arm behind his back until he fell to his knees. I kneed him in the spine, causing him to fall on his face. With his twisted arm under my knee, I used one hand to pull his head up by his greasy hair and the other to place the knife he had dug into my skin under his neck.