Chapter 16:

The rest of the day Draco only talked to me if he had to. It didn't matter that much to me because I was still pissed at him. I know some girls would be touched that someone that they liked was jealous of another guy they were with but I wasn't that kind of girl. Jealousy is a sign of distrust and I had no intention with being with someone who didn't trust me. But deep down I was a bit touched that he was jealous but I was more mad that he treated me as though I was his. Which in fact wasn't true. We both liked each other (well, I hope he likes me like he said he does) but we weren't together, so Draco didn't have a claim on me.

I sighed, I need to worry about one problem at a time. Right now I had to talk with my friends so the Draco problem would have to wait for another time. I walked out to the Black Lake and took my usual seat under the tree closest to the Black Lake. As I sat down I was welcomed with the memories of Draco. The memory of when Draco had kissed me for the first time after he had argued with Harry, all heat, lust and urgency. Then when I had found out my father had been killed and Draco had comforted me. He comforted me then kissed me and I did the one smart thing that I had ever done when it came to Draco. I slapped him.

With the rush of memories came the rush of emotions. Happiness. Love. Sadness. Heart break. And affection. When it came to Draco, nothing was ever simple. I just had to accept the fact that that was the way it was going to be. That Draco will never be simple. That our relationship (if that) would never been simple or easy. And...I think I could live with that. Even though it would be annoying and maybe not even worth it. When it came to Draco, I tend to make stupid decisions. Maybe that meant something. 'You do stupid things, when you are in love.' Maybe that meant that what I felt towards Draco was love and maybe that meant that Draco loves me too. He's done a lot of stupid things for me and in return I had done stupid things for him as well.

I was taken out of my thoughts when I heard two people walk up to me. I looked up to see it was Reyna and Cece. I smiled at them and they, thankfully, returned the smile.

"Come, sit." I said, gesturing for them to sit down.

They sat down in front of me and regarded me with uncertain eyes.

"Jen-" Cece started but I held up my hand.

"No. Let me explain first. I want to tell you everything before you decide whether or not to kick me to the curb as your friend." I said.

Cece closed her mouth and they both regarded me with a look that told me to go on. So I did. I told them everything. I told them everything from the first night of school when Draco had helped me find the Ravenclaw Tower in exchange for a favor (which I hadn't paid yet and wondered when I would) to Draco's jealous act today and everything in between. I told them and didn't leave out any detail. As I told them everything I felt a huge weight being taken off of me. It felt good to finally tell someone everything and having full confidence that they would not tell anyone. It felt good to have friends back. Well, that is, if they decide to still be my friend after this.

After I had finished I stared at them and waited for their reaction. The only reaction I got, though, was one of understanding and happiness. I was hoping that their reactions meant that they were understanding of me and that they were happy that I had told them. They caught me by surprise when they hugged me.

"Thank you for finally telling us. Even though you were keeping this from us we shouldn't have left you like that. We are so sorry. It will never happen again, we should have trusted you and...we're just really sorry." Reyna said.

"Yeah and we are so sorry that we have been jerks to you. Just the thought of you with Draco sickened me, but it's totally all right if you both feel the same for each other." Cece quickly added.

I slightly laughed and pulled away from my friends. "It's okay. I'm sorry that I kept all this from you. I just, didn't know how to explain something that I didn't even understand myself."

My friends nodded understandingly.

"So, friends?" I asked, hopefully.

"Friends." Reyna and Cece confirmed.

I smiled and hugged my friends again.

"I'm so glad to have you guys back. You have no how hard it was keeping all this from you. But you know now and I couldn't be happier."

"So what are you going to do about Malfoy?" Reyna asked as we pulled away again.

I shrugged. "I honestly have no idea. I don't know how Draco can prove that he actually loves me and I need to know that before I can ever think about getting into a relationship with him."

They nodded. 

"I think all you can do is give it time. If he really does care about you then he'll wait as long as it takes to make you his." Cece said.

I nodded. "But I have a feeling that he's going to try to make me jealous, though."

"Why would he do that?" Cece asked.

"Because I got pissed at him today when he got jealous and told him that we aren't dating and I can flirt with who ever I wanted to. So knowing him, he's going to prance around with some slut in front of me to make me jealous."

"That does sound like something Malfoy would do." Reyna said.

I nodded and sighed. "And I don't think I can bear it."

"Then there is only one thing that you can do." Reyna said.

"What is that?" I asked, meeting Reyna's eyes that had an evil glint in it that made me nervous.

"You fight fire with fire. You have to find someone to 'prance around with' and we'll see how Malfoy takes that. If he really does care about you, he'll either try harder to make you more jealous than he his, or drop everything to get your attention." Reyna said.

"Which knowing Malfoy..." Cece said.

"He'll just try to make me more jealous. How would that possibly help me?" I asked.

"That'll be your test. Then if he passes you can tell him that and live happily ever after. It'll be simply and easy" Reyna said.

"When is anything involving Draco Malfoy simple or easy?" I asked.

We all laughed.

"With Malfoy, sorry to say this, but you'll probably be screwed over at least once so make sure that you're the one in control of it." Cece said.