Chapter 15:

Draco and I both agreed that no one must know about whatever’s going on with us, mostly because he stated that it was 'dangerous.' I still don't know what he's hiding from me but for once, I didn't obsess about it. I've wasted too much time obsessing over something that really isn't any of my business. Right now I need to make things right with my friends.

I had walked ahead of Draco and he was staying back for a minute so it didn't look like we came from the same place together. Breakfast had just got out and I was looking around for my friends. Finally, I spotted the familiar bright red head of hair of Cece through the crowd and made a B-line towards her.

"Cece! Reyna!" I called.

My friends looked up at me as I stopped in front of them.

"Yes?" Reyna asked.

"Look, you guys, we really need to talk." I said.

"Can we do this later? I was late yesterday and if I'm late again my professor will have my head." Cece said.

"Uh, sure. How about after classes we can meet by the Black Lake and we can talk in private." I suggested.

"Sure." Reyna said.

"We'll see you later, Jenny." Cece said.

I nodded and we went our separate ways. I walked into Snape's class and took a seat next to Draco. He didn't look up at me directly but he looked at me from the corner of his eye and gave a small smile. I smiled back. Snape called the class to order and everyone quieted down. After Snape explained what we had to do, he let us get to work. I walked over to the shelf of ingredients and grabbed what we needed for the potion. I was walking back to my desk when someone ran into me so hard the ingredients I had been holding spilled all over me.

“Bloody hell!” I exclaimed, looking down at my now colorful robe.

I looked up at the person who ran into me and saw it was a boy that had a familiar face but I couldn't put a name on it. He was wearing Ravenclaw robes so I've probably seen him around and not bothered to learn his name.

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't paying attention." The boy apologized. "Let me get you a towel."

I leaned down to pick up the list of ingredients I had dropped at the same time the boy had turned around to get me a towel and his robe wiped me in the eye. I cursed a little louder than I meant to and the boy turned around as well as others in the room.

"Oh my god. Did I...? Oh god, I'm so sorry." The boy said.

His face turned a crimson red, well I think, I couldn't really see with the probable lint in my eye.

I raised my hands up in surrender. "You don't have to help, I'll just go to the loo and freshen up."

"Here, let me at least..." The boy leaned towards me with towel in his hand and accidentally step on my toe.

I yelped, this time a little quieter then when he whipped me with his robes, and stepped back. 

"No, I think you've done quite enough, thank you. Just tell Snape I'm going to clean off my robes." I turned around and walked away before he could answer.

As I walked towards the bathroom I rubbed at my eye until I was sure that the lint was out of it. Upon arriving to the loo I took off my robes, leaving me in just my school skirt and button up, white, collared shirt with a sweater vest outlined in purple. I dumped my robes into the sink, turned on the water and tried to scrub off all the stains. It wasn't working but I just scrubbed harder. 

"Need a little help?" A voice asked from behind me.

I jumped and looked behind me to see the boy that was the reason I was scrubbing at my robes holding out a bottle to me.

"Snape gave this to me to give to you. He said that it should take out all the stains." The boy piped with a apologetic smile.

"Uh, thanks." I said, taking the bottle from his hand.

I turned back to my robes and poured the bottle's contents on my robes and started scrubbing. I was happy when I saw that the stains were actually coming out.

"Here, let me help you." The boy offered.

He stood next to me and started to help me wash off my robes.

"I'm really sorry, again." The boy said. "I can be really thick sometimes."

I smiled. "Don't worry, I know what you mean. I often get lost in my own world and not realize what's going on around me."

The boy smiled back. "I'm Mason, by the way."

"Jennifer. But you can call me Jen."

"Well, Jennifer. I think that we've got all the stains out of your robes."

I nodded and Mason pulled my robes out from the sink and rung it out.

"But I think that you should wait a while to wear them. They're a bit wet." Mason's lips curled into a smile.

I rolled my eyes and my lip twitched in a small smile. "Just a wee bit."

Mason pulled out his wand and pointed it at my robes and said a spell. The water from the robes seemed to be melting down my robes until they were dry.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"No problem. Since it was sort of my fault that you had to get them wet."

"Sort of." I agreed.

Mason handed me my robes and I slipped them on gratefully.

Mason held out his arm and with a slight accent said. "May I offer to escort the pretty lady to her classroom?"

I took his arm. "Yes you may. Only because you owe me for being a clumsy idiot."

Mason laughed, his laugh loud and contagious. "True."

We walked back to the classroom, arm in arm. During the walk we talked about random things and I found we had a lot in common and that Mason could be charming when he wanted to be, when he wasn't running into people. When we had finally made it to class, no one paid us much notice as they worked intently on their potions. I did look over at my table to see the only person that had noticed us come in was Draco. Even from far away I could tell that Draco was pissed off. I didn't know why, so I just shrugged it off. I said good bye to Mason so that he could walk over to his table and I could walk over to mine.

"Hey." I said as I sat down next to Draco.

"Hi" Draco muttered, not looking up at me.

"What can I do?" I asked.

"Well, while you were flirting with that prick over there I finished the potion. So there is nothing left to do." Draco said and to demonstrate his point he stopped stirring the potion to look over at me.

"Flirting? He bloody ran into me and knocked all the damn potions on me and I had to freshen up! How the hell is that flirting?"

"Why did he go after you? He's obviously trying to get your attention."

I rolled my eyes. "Bloody hell, Malfoy. He brought me soap. And the only reason he brought me that was because Snape told him too. We weren't bloody flirting. And even if we were, why would it matter?"

It pissed me off that Draco thinks that he can run my life. I did really care about him and he cared about me but I wasn't going to give my heart to him until he shows me that I can, and doing this is not helping. He's obviously jealous and he has no right to be. For one we aren't dating and two he should trust me. Him getting jealous shows me that he doesn't trust me and how can I be with someone who doesn't trust me?

Draco's mouth thinned. "You know exactly why." Draco hissed.

"No, I don't. We aren't dating. It would be fully in my rights to flirt with whomever I choose." I said, stubbornly even though I had no plan to actually flirt with anyone else.

Draco's jaw tighten and I saw him tense. "As you wish."