Chapter 59:

Draco and I stayed there for a while. Silently wrapped in each others arms. My head rested against his chest, listening to the steady beat of his heart.

"Draco, I need to go." I whispered.

Draco pulled me closer. "Don't do this, Jen."

"I don't have a choice."

"Damn it, Jen. Yes you do!" He pulled back but kept his hands on my shoulders.

"I can't stay here. No matter how much I want to. If I don't go back I'll most likely die for breaking the vow."

"Jen-"

I reached out, pulled his face close to mine and I kissed him—cutting him off.

"I love you." I said, resting my forehead against his.

Draco's lips relaxed into a smile. "I love you too, princess."

With him distracted, I reached down and pulled his wand out of his back pocket. I pulled away from the hug and shot a spell at Draco. Draco froze, his eyes wide in surprise.

"I'm sorry, sweetie. I'm doing this for your own good."

I dropped Draco's wand on the couch and apparated away. I appeared back in the living room of Pierce's 'house' and found Pierce sitting on the couch.

"I didn't think you'd show your face again." Pierce muttered, locking eyes with me.

"Why wouldn't I come back?" And, keenly aware of my lack of clothes, I pulled Draco's jacket tighter around my body. "It wasn't my idea to leave, and also I had no idea Draco would come here. I don't even know how he got here."

"He got here somehow which means he can come back again." Pierce stood up. "So, we're leaving."

Saw that coming. I looked up at him and nodded. "Okay."

Pierce looked surprised then narrowed his eyes in suspicion. "What? No argument?"

"Why would I argue? You have a right to worry. It's only logical that we go someplace Draco can't find us."

Pierce softened then nodded. "Good. Glad we're on the same page."

Pierce started walking away when I called out to him.

"Just to let you know, I'm sorry. I wasn't myself earlier and I didn't mean to hurt you."

Pierce's eyes widened. "Uh...yeah. Sure."

After a second of hesitation, he walked upstairs. I took a deep breath, thinking about the loop hole Draco mentioned. If I get Pierce to believe that I was starting to care for him then maybe he'll save Draco. Or maybe he doesn't know—which would be optimal. But knowing my luck, he knows, so I've got to be convincing but not over-the-top.

****

After I put some clothes on and we packed everything up we apparated to a small cottage Merlin knows where. There was only three different rooms—a kitchen/living room/dining room, a bathroom and one bedroom.

One.

Fear enclosed around my heart but I tried to hide it.

As Pierce dropped off all our bags in the room he spoke, "don't worry, we're not sharing this room. This place is only temporary so I'll be sleeping on the couch."

"Oh, uh, okay, thanks." I stuttered.

Pierce nodded and walked out of the room.

***Draco's POV***

When the spell finally wore off, I apparated to Pierce's place. Once I got there, though, it was empty. Terror struck me and I frantically looked around—searching every room for her, but she wasn't there. The only thing that was there was my jacket folded on the ground.