Chapter 6:

The next day I woke up, exhausted. I barely got any sleep last night. I couldn't take my mind off Draco. His secret was a lot bigger one than I expected. I rubbed my eyes and sat up. After quickly getting dressed and grabbing my bag, I followed my friends down to breakfast. I sat down at the Ravenclaw table and couldn't help but look over at the Slytherin table. I instantly found Draco but he wasn't where he usually sat. He sat by himself at the end of the table and he looked awful. His hair was a mess, his shirt was buttoned up wrong and his robe was hanging off one shoulder. Even from this far away I could tell he had bags under his eyes.

"Hey, Jenny, are you alright?" Cece asked.

I blinked and looked away from Draco. I looked up at my friend and forced a smile.

"Never better."

"Why are you always looking at the Slytherin table? I mean what's up with you?" Reyna asked.

"Nothing, I'm fine."

"You aren't telling us something and you were late again last night. Are you hooking up with Malfoy?" Cece asked.

My eyes widened in shock and I quickly denied. "Hell no. I just got lost; you know how I get sidetracked easily."

"That doesn't explain why you're always looking over at the Slytherin table. So what's really up?"

"Nothing. I should get going; I have to talk to Snape before class." I lied.

My friends called after me but I already was up and leaving. I walked out of the Great Hall and looked around, not knowing where to go. I heard the doors open behind me and thinking it was my friends I didn't turn around.

"I told you already, there is nothing wrong with me." I said.

"I think that's up for debate."

My eyes widened when I realized it wasn't my friends, it was Draco. I quickly turned around to see Draco leaning against the wall by the Great Hall doors with a smirk on his face.

"Malfoy. Why did you follow me out? I'm trying to convince my friends that I'm not hooking up with you and you following me out does not help."

"You can follow me but I can't follow you? That hardly seems fair."

I glared at him. "I'm not the one keeping a secret."

"Aren't you?"

That surprised me and my thoughts flickered to Dumbledore. But that's impossible; he can't know that he's my grandfather. Draco smirked when he saw the surprise on my face.

"I was only kidding, but I guess you do have a secret."

"Why does it matter? Everyone has secrets."

"If yours doesn't matter then mine shouldn't either." Draco pointed out.

"My secret is innocent but yours is something else entirely."

"And how are you so sure?"

"You're Draco Malfoy. All your secrets are dark."

The Great Hall doors opened and everyone piled out and I lost Draco in the crowd. I put my bag farther up my shoulder before following the crowd to Snape's classroom.

****

I sat in my last class of the day which I had to sit next to Draco in. I kept glancing at the clock as Trelawny drowned on and on about useless nonsense. 

"Bored, babe?" Draco whispered in my ear making me jump.

I looked over at Draco who had his famous smirk on his face. "One, don't call me babe and two, yes, I hate this class."

"What? Don't think you'll ever need to read someone's tea leaves?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, once I take my dragon to Ireland for vacation."

Draco chuckled. "You are quite sarcastic."

"Why are you even talking to me? I thought you'd be mad at me."

"Oh, trust me, I'm furious."

I eyed him. "Then why are you talking to me?"

Draco smirked. "I have my ways of taking out my anger."

Trelawny dismissed class before I could ask anything else. Draco got up and followed his friends out as I stood up. I watched him walk out and wondered what he could possible mean. I shook my head, he really is a mystery. My friends walked over to me and together we walked out.